Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: if the jets are in a rebuilding mode

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,485
    Post Thanks / Like

    if the jets are in a rebuilding mode

    then the jets have to do what is good for the teams future.I am sure that my fellow jet fans would agree with me.that the draft is the way to go.if it mean sacrificing great players currently on the roster to gain draft picks.then so be it.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't even call it a rebuilding. If they weren't so crushed with so many top-heavy contracts, they'd be able to sign quality NFL depth and be more competitive. They are not in that position this season, but 2014 should be much better cap wise.

    They have some really good players in key positions who are in their prime. Problem is, when you whiff on acquisitions for certain, extremely important positions, it's a total kick in the sack.

    They will let guys walk, maybe Greene and Keller. But really, every team does that every season. And Powell is better than Greene anyway. As for Keller, he's not exactly a Pro Bowler.

    QB play, injuries and lack of depth due to cap constraints killed the Jets. It's really not a rebuild, no need to turnover the whole roster. A few tweaks are definitely needed, obviously. But I don't think it's a total rebuild.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I wouldn't even call it a rebuilding. If they weren't so crushed with so many top-heavy contracts, they'd be able to sign quality NFL depth and be more competitive. They are not in that position this season, but 2014 should be much better cap wise.

    They have some really good players in key positions who are in their prime. Problem is, when you whiff on acquisitions for certain, extremely important positions, it's a total kick in the sack.

    They will let guys walk, maybe Greene and Keller. But really, every team does that every season. And Powell is better than Greene anyway. As for Keller, he's not exactly a Pro Bowler.

    QB play, injuries and lack of depth due to cap constraints killed the Jets. It's really not a rebuild, no need to turnover the whole roster. A few tweaks are definitely needed, obviously. But I don't think it's a total rebuild.
    if thats the case.what are they going to do for a q.b. sanchez is not the answer.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    if thats the case.what are they going to do for a q.b. sanchez is not the answer.
    that I don't know. But that is the biggest problem, and it's a doozy. unfortunately the biggest piece to the Jets puzzle is the most important one. For this season's camp, you have to go in with Sanchez, draft someone and bring in a cheap vet (Matt Moore of the Dolphins?). Probably means McElroy and Timmy have to go bye bye. But that's ok. Hopefully the rookie pick works out down the road, but I think a guy like Moore can bring something to the table.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not a rebuilding mode, they have been rebuilding since Sanchez. The problem is that giving up draft picks, having a potential bust at QB, injuries, and 3 poor picks at RB has phucked things up drastically.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SI NY
    Posts
    1,065
    Post Thanks / Like
    No need to rebuild.

    Simple logic...

    QB = Most important position

    Jets QB = Really stinky

    Jets= Really stinky


    If they can somehow pull a draft pick like the Colts, Skins, Seahawks did last year, they are right back in the mix.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,564
    Post Thanks / Like
    If?

    Going to take 2-3 sasons to get rid of all the dead cap money, or just the over paid players on this team.

    Sanchez cap hit 17 mil. Just sucks
    Harris paid 8-10 mil. too slow can cover anything
    santonio 6-7 mil cancer
    Revis 8-10 mil. great db, you don't build a team around a db, it's actually a qb. Rex needs to be reminded of this.
    Scott, thomas , pace, pauha, smith, keller, greene, These are just players that under perform or don't have the talent to make a differance.
    If correct each team get 128 mil and the jets invested1/3 of that on this.
    Last edited by srobjets; 01-26-2013 at 08:01 AM.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post

    I wouldn't even call it a rebuilding.


    A few tweaks are definitely needed, obviously. But I don't think it's a total rebuild.

    A few tweaks?

    The Jets are coming off a 6-10 season. They do not have a viable NFL QB on their roster, they have the oldest and slowest LB corps in the NFL, they have below average RB's and TE's and one of the worst cap situations in the NFL.

    More than 50% of the starting 22 on offense and defense will be different next year.

    Just to get back to a .500 football team, the Jets need a major overhaul, not just a few "tweaks".

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,699
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets are not in a rebuilding stage- Woody wants a NY Superbowl.. that's why he's keeping REX... if he were to fire both REX and Tanny (what most ppl do in a 'rebuilding stage') then the odds of making the playoffs next year would drop even more.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    Jets are not in a rebuilding stage- Woody wants a NY Superbowl.. that's why he's keeping REX... if he were to fire both REX and Tanny (what most ppl do in a 'rebuilding stage') then the odds of making the playoffs next year would drop even more.
    So by not firing Wrecks, you think the Jets will contend for a Super Bowl next year?

  11. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So by not firing Wrecks, you think the Jets will contend for a Super Bowl next year?
    while anything can happen,there is not a chance in hell the jets will be a serious contender next year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us