Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CANNIZZARO: Revis seeks mega-deal, but Jets talked trade before ACL injury

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    16 million per year.

Now, not all of that will be guaranteed, but it's an amazing figure for a CB.

CB Salaries

Even Namdi is getting 11 this year as part of his "mega" contract.

I DON'T want to give him that big of a contract, because the Jets will never be better than an 8-8 at best due to little ability to sign talent.
    Exactly, but the day he gets traded, you'll have a million fans outraged, calling the talk shows, on this board, etc..

I don't think the Jets have any choice... They are not a win now team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    lol, of course not and he would never accept 10 mil a year anyway, the greedy SOB
    Now, is he greedy, or is he trying to get "fair" value for his play?

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Exactly, but the day he gets traded, you'll have a million fans outraged, calling the talk shows, on this board, etc..

I don't think the Jets have any choice...
    As usual in Jetland, we will get killed either way, it never ends...

north of 6 years, 96 million. So he's looking for more than 16 million a year. I love how people were sure he'd sign for 12 mil a year. Puuuhhhlease!! Trade him.

Now, is he greedy, or is he trying to get "fair" value for his play?
    I think if you reeeaaally want to win a championship you don't go for the killer contract at some point, even Brady took a modest deal years ago to allow room for more players to work towards that goal, 10 mil a year isn't enough???

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    What a fukcing mess Tannenbaum has gotten ourselves into.

10 year $100 mil, $50 mil guaranteed.

Fair no?
    10 years $100M would be easy. $5M per year in salary and $5M per year in bonus (assuming straight line payout) That's a $10M cap hit per year based on my understanding.

However Mario's contract was $96M over 6 years. Let's assume the same 6 years, $100M and $50M guaranteed apply.

That would be $8.33M per year of base salary and $8.33 per year for the bonus, or $16.66M per year against the cap.

The negotiation hasn't begun yet so this is a high water mark, though I think what will mainly be negotiated is the guaranteed $$$ not the $100M. Also depending how the salary is paid out that could determine the impact on our cap. If they just pay him the bonus next year then the cap hit would be $8.33M.

Next year we'll be able to clear out Sanchez contract ($8.5M savings), Cromartie's ($9.5M) and Holmes ($8.35M), Bart Scott ($8M if he's still here), Harris ($5M), Pouha ($5.5M if he's still here).

Not sure if this is correct, but I'm not going to react to I understand the actual impact.

How bout what Andrea Cramer just said on NFL network? Tanny asked Revis "who should we get to replace you?," right after he gotinjured...obviously a joke but what an idiot
    This is where the media is irresponsible and just runs away with stuff with only half the information.

They were asking who they should sign for the rest of the 2012 season! Specifically, Revis knew Berry (the guy they signed). I see no problem with this and it is being blown up as this huge deal.

And so what if they "explore" trading Revis. They should. If the price is not good, then don't trade him.

The jets are the media's favorite punching bag.

I wrote this in another thread:

If the Jets had the worst secondary in football, keep Revis, but people seem to forget the Jets were #2 versus the pass WITHOUT Revis.

Is that jump to #1 really worth paying him all that money? We have good CBs. Let's get good elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dinamite View Post
    This is where the media is irresponsible and just runs away with stuff with only half the information.

They were asking who they should sign for the rest of the 2012 season! Specifically, Revis knew Berry (the guy they signed). I see no problem with this and it is being blown up as this huge deal.

And so what if they "explore" trading Revis. They should. If the price is not good, then don't trade him.

The jets are the media's favorite punching bag.
    Obviously the story came from Revis tho, because she said Revis was speechless Tanny would say that to him, so it rubbed Revis the wrong way. With all the holdouts and negotiations the bridges between those two were burned many times over the years I assume

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post

I don't think the Jets have any choice... They are not a win now team.
    I don't know. I think fans will be more despondent than outraged. From what I have read from fans, they get why the Jets are doing this. And a maority of the media seems to agree with this possible move.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Well however this works out, I feel alot better with Idzik handling this situation then I did with Tannenbaum. I feel that Idzik is much better equipped.

Personally I'd like to see Revis gone. I am sick to death of watching him try and hold this franchise hostage every 3 years.

Enough is enough, get a couple of high draft picks for him (while you still can) and move on - just trade him outside of the division and I am good with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Its a shame Revis is so darn greedy. Rex didn't help matters by declaring him the best cornerback on the planet. Rex's big mouth has gotten the Jets into plenty of trouble. True Revis staged a holdout even before Rex came along I guess but Rex just feeded the fire.
    How is it greedy? How many million would you give up for the "glory" of working for your current company? We have to be realistic here. With Revis, Cromartie, Landry and Bell we have the opportunity to field a defense that virtually shuts down the long ball. We should be looking for ways to dump holMEs who is not even in the top 50% of recievers and a totally negative influence on the team.

Obviously the story came from Revis tho, because she said Revis was speechless Tanny would say that to him, so it rubbed Revis the wrong way. With all the holdouts and negotiations the bridges between those two were burned many times over the years I assume
    Wouldn't put it past Revis' camp/agents to tell Canizzaro that the jets explored trading revis prior to the injury either. The article says no comment from them, but off the recourd they can be a "source"...

Jets Insider VIP
    I wrote this in another thread:

If the Jets had the worst secondary in football, keep Revis, but people seem to forget the Jets were #2 versus the pass WITHOUT Revis.

Is that jump to #1 really worth paying him all that money? We have good CBs. Let's get good elsewhere.
    Exactly

I don't get these people in the "pay Revis whatever he wants" camp.

There are really only two logical explanations.

1. They're retarded
    2. They're simply obsessed with having a HOF caliber player on the roster

How long are we going to neglect this piss poor excuse for an offense? The entire unit is a disaster yet we're supposed to limit our resources even further by dishing out a $100 million dollar contract to a CB that our defense did just fine without last year? Where the hell is the logic in this?

Trade him to the highest bidder and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Its a shame Revis is so darn greedy. Rex didn't help matters by declaring him the best cornerback on the planet. Rex's big mouth has gotten the Jets into plenty of trouble. True Revis staged a holdout even before Rex came along I guess but Rex just feeded the fire.
    Stop with the Rex caused this. You sai it in your post, Revis held out before Rex. If anything blame the Bills, in the article it says REVIS wants to be paid as the highest defensive player in the NFL and the Bills gave Mo Williams 96 mil.. It has nothing to do with Rex, Woody, or Tanny. Revis is just that good, he knows it and he wants to take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dinamite View Post
    Wouldn't put it past Revis' camp/agents to tell Canizzaro that the jets explored trading revis prior to the injury either. The article says no comment from them, but off the recourd they can be a "source"...

I think there was definitely a negotiation going on that didn't go we'll, that's why we're hearing all this BS, They're both trying to win the battle of public opinion

Jets Insider VIP
    Those of you that believe Revis was "speechless" because he wants to retire a Jet are nuts.

This guy was speechless because he couldn't believe someone had the nerve to actually consider not paying him a $100 million/6 year deal. As if he was entitled to it and the Jets would just do it without batting an eyelash.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Exactly

I don't get these people in the "pay Revis whatever he wants" camp.

There are really only two logical explanations.

1. They're retarded
    2. They're simply obsessed with having a HOF caliber player on the roster

How long are we going to neglect this piss poor excuse for an offense? The entire unit is a disaster yet we're supposed to limit our resources even further by dishing out a $100 million dollar contract to a CB that our defense did just fine without last year? Where the hell is the logic in this?

Trade him to the highest bidder and move on.
    Imagine bolstering the team with a high pick, a 3rd round pick and an existing player. The defense would be intact.

Honestly, I am eyeing a trade with Houston. 2012 2nd,4th, 2013 1st and Brooks Reed or Connor Barth (injured player - pass rusher for injured player (Revis).

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Those of you that believe Revis was "speechless" because he wants to retire a Jet are nuts.

This guy was speechless because he couldn't believe someone had the nerve to actually consider not paying him a $100 million/6 year deal. As if he was entitled to it and the Jets would just do it without batting an eyelash.
    Revis wants guaranteed money.

After the guaranteed money runs out, he'll hold out.

It's the circle of his life.

I get a kick out of these players like Cro that insist we re-sign Revis. Ok Cro (and others) what say you about cutting your pay and putting it in Revis' pocket? That way we can have a manageable cap. Sound ok to you?