Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: CANNIZZARO: Revis seeks mega-deal, but Jets talked trade before ACL injury

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    He didn't, but the way the argument is shaping up is that he will play for $100M over 6 years. This would make him the highest paid defensive player.

In my view this is a pipe dream and just the beginning of the negotiation. Nmandi is currently the highest paid CB at $11M, I expect Revis' number to land somewhere in between the $11M and $16M, which is $13.5M. Call it $14M if you want.

We know that he will play for the $16M/$100M, where do you think the numbers will actually land? I'll use your numbers if you prefer.
    I'm no GM nor do I wish to play one on a board.. Only thing I do know is as someone has already said; You cant put Revis and Reasonable in the same sentence..

the stas of 2nd best pass defense in the league are misleading

first of all run defense was in the last 5 in the league,teams prefered to run and the jets could not stop them, why would they throw?

and then did you look at the quarterbacks the jets play this year and mostly in the last 8 games of the year?
    how many times did we see wilson get beat bad but the other team qb cant throw a simple pass?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I'm no GM nor do I wish to play one on a board.. Only thing I do know is as someone has already said; You cant put Revis and Reasonable in the same sentence..
    You just did and that makes no sense at all

The $$$$ Revis wants isn't worth it. Take away Brady how do the Pats do? Take away Revis how do we do? Enough said.

Cro was offered more money by the Raiders during the time Tanny was trying to sign Aso.. I wish fans would stop saying some of us hate Revis. I don't I just put the good of the team above one player no matter how good he is..
    I never said you were a Revis hater, just like I'm not a Revis worshipper. Just trying to bring some reality into these arguments. Also I agree with you that the good of the team is paramount. That's why I would pay Revis more an get rid of Cromartie.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bocajetfan68 View Post
    You just did and that makes no sense at all
    Saying Revis wont be reasonable?? You have to be more explicit than that..

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Proposed by who? Oh yeah...un-named "sources". We all know they always speak the truth, right?
    Revis wanted 50 cents more than Namdi. What makes you think that he's going to give a home team discount and stay here? Cro has already done that.

Listen, I love Revis, but he is not going to fix this team. He's not. You don't need a top tier defense to win a Superbowl. That's what I care about. I don't care if the defense is top 10 or we have a HOF player. I want a t-shirt that says "New York Jets - Superbowl Champs" that I've seen play in my lifetime. Revis' hefty contract will not help us get there, but a bunch of picks drafted properly and possibly a player will. Jets were 6-10. We suck right now, with or without Revis.

All Pro
    Interesting comments by Cromartie on how important Revis is for the team as we were told to believe by numerous people that he is only in it for himself. I said it numerous times, losing him would mean we lose the players with the biggest effect on the rest of the team, a team leader who is beloved by his peers.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    The $$$$ Revis wants isn't worth it. Take away Brady how do the Pats do? Take away Revis how do we do? Enough said.
    With him we were 9-7, 11-5 and 8-8... without him we were 6-10. Of course other factors play into it but when people believe we weren't missing him big time last year are kidding themselves.

We all play GMs on the board, who are you kidding

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I never said you were a Revis hater, just like I'm not a Revis worshipper. Just trying to bring some reality into these arguments. Also I agree with you that the good of the team is paramount. That's why I would pay Revis more an get rid of Cromartie.
    Except Cro is under contract and won't get back what Revis will.. In the end he's still a CB does every team in the Bowl this year have a great CB?? Or are there other reasons besides a great CB??

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Revis wanted 50 cents more than Namdi. What makes you think that he's going to give a home team discount and stay here? Cro has already done that.

Listen, I love Revis, but he is not going to fix this team. He's not. You don't need a top tier defense to win a Superbowl. That's what I care about. I don't care if the defense is top 10 or we have a HOF player. I want a t-shirt that says "New York Jets - Superbowl Champs" that I've seen play in my lifetime. Revis' hefty contract will not help us get there, but a bunch of picks drafted properly and possibly a player will. Jets were 6-10. We suck right now, with or without Revis.
    From all teams that were in the playoffs this year, arguably the two best defensive teams are in the Super Bowl. I know the Ravens statistically struggled this season but in the playoffs their defense once again was a huge factor for them. Both SB teams shut out their opponents in the second half of the championship games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

We all play GMs on the board, who are you kidding
    Maybe 90% do... I don't I'm just not in your or their league as a GM..

he want 60 million guar. give him a 6 year deal at 10 million per
    all guar. no signing bonus. no nothing. helps the cap and he get
    his money. if not see ya mevis

Except Cro is under contract and won't get back what Revis will.. In the end he's still a CB does every team in the Bowl this year have a great CB?? Or are there other reasons besides a great CB??
    Most likely not, but Cro is an all pro, young, healthy, under contract (for two more years as opposed to one) and will be slightly cheaper to sign. I could see a bidding war for him as well.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by VINNYT View Post
    He will want a signing bonus on top of that. Just like Woody wants his PSL just for giving the fan the privalige of buying a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    From all teams that were in the playoffs this year, arguably the two best defensive teams are in the Super Bowl. I know the Ravens statistically struggled this season but in the playoffs their defense once again was a huge factor for them. Both SB teams shut out their opponents in the second half of the championship games.
    I understand, and have thought about that. Difference between them and us, is that we have a Pro Bowl Cornerback already, but zero offense to go along with our defense.

AND, if our offense was on the field more, the defense would have been ranked even higher.

We have no offense. They both do.

Maybe 90% do... I don't I'm just not in your or their league as a GM..
    You're a Jets insider VIP, I'm just a rookie, but hoping to make the Jets insider pro-bowl as a rook. Still nice praise from a veteran player.

Quote Originally Posted by VINNYT View Post
    Get real!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You're a Jets insider VIP, I'm just a rookie, but hoping to make the Jets insider pro-bowl as a rook. Still nice praise from a veteran player.
    You could be a VIP just pay the yearly fee..