Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: CANNIZZARO: Revis seeks mega-deal, but Jets talked trade before ACL injury

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Disagree on a few points.
    ~Revis' talent will show on any team, in any system. Granted, any team/coaching staff that brings him in and asks him to do something other than cover the opponents' best WR should be relegated to the CFL...

~Revis is in a fine spot. He is going to get paid one way or another, it is just a matter of when and by whom.

~I wouldn't completely rule out NE or Buf. The price will be higher ,maybe significantly, but it doesn't mean one of them won't be willing to pony up.
    Revis will get paid, but not what he wants. He's in a bad spot. This is bad timing for him on many levels.

I don't believe Woody allows the Jets to trade to NE.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Revis will get paid, but not what he wants. He's in a bad spot. This is bad timing for him on many levels.

I don't believe Woody allows the Jets to trade to NE.
    lol, we're not trading him inside the division. Pasts, Lolphins and Buffalol fans can dream all they want, but that ain't happening.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    IMO opinion you are correct!!!

Holmes was another Tannyboy Monstrosity. Please note that Holmes "fans" out here were some of the same folks praising Tanny. The Holmes contract was a mistake as was the Sanchez last contract as far as the timing went.
    Agreed!
    The Holmes contract(probly the worst in team history) is what cost Tanny his job. Getting rid of Holmes should be first on Idzik's list, as part of any Revis deal or not. Revis and Holmes to the Cards for Larry Fitzgerald and a number #4. Having Fitzgerald and Braylon on the outside would look awesome to me.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 01-27-2013 at 02:35 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    What a fukcing mess Tannenbaum has gotten ourselves into.

10 year $100 mil, $50 mil guaranteed.

Fair no?

Assuming he makes another four years starting, I would sign that. That averages 12.5 mill a year for four years. Problem is, Revis will start talking holdout during that third season after the average works out to the 16 million a year he wants. We all know he won't play ten years, so he would play until that gauranteed money averaged out to what he wants, and would hold out again I suspect in about three years.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fumes View Post
    Assuming he makes another four years starting, I would sign that. That averages 12.5 mill a year for four years. Problem is, Revis will start talking holdout during that third season after the average works out to the 16 million a year he wants. We all know he won't play ten years, so he would play until that gauranteed money averaged out to what he wants, and would hold out again I suspect in about three years.
    Revis will hold out once most of the guaranteed money is awarded.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    5. The whole truth: There was a report Saturday that said the Jets floated Revis' name in trade talks before his ACL injury in September. Here's what happened: Former GM Mike Tannenbaum talked to some confidantes around the league, discussing possible end-games to the Revis situation. Basically, he picked their brains, trying to get ideas and suggestions. He didn't dangle him in trade talks.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...medium=twitter

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Its a shame Revis is so darn greedy. Rex didn't help matters by declaring him the best cornerback on the planet. Rex's big mouth has gotten the Jets into plenty of trouble. True Revis staged a holdout even before Rex came along I guess but Rex just feeded the fire.
    Yeah, if not for Rex no one would know Revis is great.