Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: CANNIZZARO: Revis seeks mega-deal, but Jets talked trade before ACL injury

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Unpopular opinion coming:

Right now, while Revis is rehabbing, is the time to try to negotiate a long-term contract. The Jets can likely get him locked up for less now than he'll command a year from now. I don't think there's any reason to believe that he won't come back and dominate in 2013, he's got the work ethic and determination.

Izdik should call Revis' agents and start talks ASAP. The new GM needs to get this done.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Get real!
    the guy is coming off an injury. you put the 60 million guar
    on the table and see if he passes on it. if so ship his
    ass out. we need a lot of help. one guy can't hold the
    team hostage. not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You could be a VIP just pay the yearly fee..
    I'm going to do that now. Seriously.

I get enough entertainment out of this board to make it worth it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post

Right now, while Revis is rehabbing, is the time to try to negotiate a long-term contract. The Jets can likely get him locked up for less now than he'll command a year from now. I don't think there's any reason to believe that he won't come back and dominate in 2013, he's got the work ethic and determination.

Izdik should call Revis' agents and start talks ASAP. The new GM needs to get this done.
    If only that were true Buzz.. I agree 100% it's worth a shot though..

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    The $$$$ Revis wants isn't worth it. Take away Brady how do the Pats do? Take away Revis how do we do? Enough said.
    This argument again??? The Jets have plenty of money devoted to QB. Sanchez and Tebow just suck.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I understand, and have thought about that. Difference between them and us, is that we have a Pro Bowl Cornerback already, but zero offense to go along with our defense.

AND, if our offense was on the field more, the defense would have been ranked even higher.

We have no offense. They both do.
    I absolutely agree but in my opinion Cromartie is the guy you trade as his value is not only at an all time high but also because he does not nearly have the same presence on the game and the team as Revis. Think about it how many special special defensive players the two Super Bowl teams have. Not only from a talent standpoint but also from their aura and effect on the others. Lewis, Reed of course and Willis and Justin Smith. You also got other guys in there as Ngata, Pollard or Whitner who just make the rest of the team so much better. Those guys in the end are the difference in my opinion for a great defense or just a very good one. Special players make the defense. Revis is clearly in that category, maybe not as a vocal leader but from his entire effect on the rest of the team.
    Last edited by Flaming Mo; 01-26-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VINNYT View Post
    the guy is coming off an injury. you put the 60 million guar
    on the table and see if he passes on it. if so ship his
    ass out. we need a lot of help. one guy can't hold the
    team hostage. not worth it.
    Let's see how he does at camp, that will tell us where he's at physically. If he's healthy, field offers for Cro and Revis then make a decision who stays and which goes.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    The $$$$ Revis wants isn't worth it. Take away Brady how do the Pats do? Take away Revis how do we do? Enough said.
    They won 11 games without Brady...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

This argument again??? The Jets have plenty of money devoted to QB. Sanchez and Tebow just suck.
    While that is true the total money of Sanchez and Tebow doesn't equal the total of Revis and Cro ..

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

If only that were true Buzz.. I agree 100% it's worth a shot though..
    Yeah, they have to try, and it has to be real soon. If he asks for something like $20 million then you explore other options, but at least sit down and talk, this is one of the biggest decisions in franchise history.

I'm down for this, Buzz, but we're going to gut the team. We have to prepare for 2013 to be a very down year regardless. We're practically in full rebuild.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    They won 11 games without Brady...
    But got beat out for Div title by Chaddy and the Fins who were a 1-15 team the year before..

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I absolutely agree but in my opinion Cromartie is the guy you trade as his value is not only at an all time high but also because he does not nearly have the same presence on the game and the team as Revis. Think about it how many special special defensive players the two Super Bowl teams have. Not only from a talent standpoint but also from their aura and effect on the others. Lewis, Reed of course and Willis and Justin Smith. Those guys in the end are the difference in my opinion for a great defense or just a very good one. Special players make the defense. Revis is clearly in that category, maybe not as a vocal leader but from his entire effect on the rest of the team.
    Also remember that Cro relies on his freakish athleticism - once that fades I don't expect Cromartie to be nearly as effective. Revis doesn't have the blazing speed or agility, he just positions himself and works off technique, something that will have way more longevity than Cro's game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

While that is true the total money of Sanchez and Tebow doesn't equal the total of Revis and Cro I don't belive..
    Sanchez alone makes more than Brady, or least he did in 2012 I believe. People keep saying that Revis has prevented us from getting a good QB and pass rusher, but that's just not the case. The players at those positions aren't good

And see what you can get for Cromartie at the same time while his value is at it's peak.

Also I think that is exactly what "Is Dick" is doing now. Getting leverage by letting Revis know he's' expendable while preparing an offer to resign him.
    It's all a game and at the end of the day I believe (unless the Jets get an unbelievable deal) that Revis will be resigned.

But got beat out for Div title by Chaddy and the Fins who were a 1-15 team the year before..
    And didn't make the playoffs in a very polarized AFC that year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Sanchez alone makes more than Brady, or least he did in 2012 I believe. People keep saying that Revis has prevented us from getting a good QB and pass rusher, but that's just not the case. The players at those positions aren't good
    If only that CBA for Rookies was around in 09..

Practice Squad
    Don't forget that David Harris is counting $13M against the cap this season. Based on his play, he's worth about $7-8 but people aren't burning down Florham Park for that - only for Revis, who is the best player on our roster by a landslide.

Yes.

I'm sorry, but you don't just trade HOF players. This guy isn't just a physical beast, but he's got a mental edge like Michael Jordan.

And no, Revis' contract isn't what would hold the Jets back. Stupid contracts like David Harris' and Santonio Holmes' are the problem. You can pay for greatness. You can't pay for mediocrity.

All Pro
    While that is true the total money of Sanchez and Tebow doesn't equal the total of Revis and Cro ..
    You're comparing two upper level starters with one lower level starter and one low level backup. Of course the two starters are going to earn more combined in that case.