Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real Quick- who are the best CBs ?

Real Quick- who are the best CBs ?

Who really are the best corners in football?

Here's my top 12.

1. Revis
    2. Nnamdi
    3. Champ
    4. Haden
    5. Tillman
    6. Joseph
    7. Asante
    8. Cromartie
    9. Woodson
    10. Finnegan
    11. Leon Hall
    12. Brandon Browner

N.m.:: Patrick Peterson, Ike Taylor, Tim Jennings, Tramon Williams, Devin McCourty, Dunta Robinson..

Anyone I'm forgetting?

Jets Insider VIP
    1. Revis
    2. Peterson
    3. Haden
    4. Sherman
    5. Asomugha

All Pro
    Nnamdi?

Have you seen him play recently? He's not even top 10 anymore. He gets torched every week.

Based on this year, my top 5 would probably be:

Revis
    Haden
    Joseph
    Sherman
    Cromartie

McCourty isn't a CB anymore.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 01-26-2013 at 02:16 PM.

What the hell?

Revis

Peterson
    Hayden
    Cro
    Sherman

Nnamdi

Champ.

After that, it's the battle of the middles.

champ looked terrible in playoff game against ravens.. Huge reason why they lost..

All League
    McCourty was so bad at Corner he is now a safety. Where is actually doing
    G very well.

1 Revis if he is still Revis
    2 Richard Sherman
    3 Patrick Peterson
    4 Charles Tillman
    5 Asante Samuel
    6 Kareem Jackson
    7 Brandon Flowers
    8 Joe Haden
    9 Darius Butler
    10 Vontae Davis

Sorry but Cro was good but not one of the best CBs in the league. Woodson is a S Hall, Aso, and Bailey are all aged. I love Joseph but right now Jackson is the best on that team.

Hold onto Revis for one more season then trade a mid-round pick to Philly in 2014 for Asomugha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    1 Revis if he is still Revis
    2 Richard Sherman
    3 Patrick Peterson
    4 Charles Tillman
    5 Asante Samuel
    6 Kareem Jackson
    7 Brandon Flowers
    8 Joe Haden
    9 Darius Butler
    10 Vontae Davis

Sorry but Cro was good but not one of the best CBs in the league. Woodson is a S Hall, Aso, and Bailey are all aged. I love Joseph but right now Jackson is the best on that team.
    Asante Samuel is way overrated. Ditto for Vontae Davis he gets hyped up because he's Vernon Davis's brother. I would take Joe Haden and Antonio Cromartie over both of them any day of the week. Jesus it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    McCourty was so bad at Corner he is now a safety. Where is actually doing
    G very well.
    McCourty is a decent Zone DB. He gets exposed anytime he's left alone in man coverage. Part of why anyone can throw against the Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Asante Samuel is overrated. Ditto for Vontae Davis he gets hyped up because he's Vernon Davis's brother. I would take Joe Haden and Antonio Cromartie over both of them any day of the week. Jesus it's not even close.
    Asantes #s speak for themselves. He may be old and was injured but still managed to play some great ball this year. Older guy so yeah declining but still at the top. Davis is very good and is really young still. Was never a VD fan so I am going by what HE does not his brother. Vontae is a gamer he just has a bad attitude. Not much better but he is better then Cro.

Lol at people putting players like nnamdi and asante ahead of cromartie. Had to double check to make sure this thread wasn't started in 2009.
    And Champ gets dropped out of any top ten with his performance against the ravens. He was beat by five yards on every big play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Asantes #s speak for themselves. He may be old and was injured but still managed to play some great ball this year. Older guy so yeah declining but still at the top. Davis is very good and is really young still. Was never a VD fan so I am going by what HE does not his brother. Vontae is a gamer he just has a bad attitude. Not much better but he is better then Cro.
    #'s mean absolutely nothing when evaluating CB's. If anything having a high number of tackles and even INT's can be bad because it means the opposing qb who is constantly throwing on that CB. Who throws on Revis? Yeah.

Obviously I've seen Cro and I've watched Haden plenty of times. They're both significantly better than Samuel and Davis.

All Pro
    1. Darrelle Revis NYJ

2. Patrick Peterson ARI
    3. Charles Tillman CHI
    4. Joe Haden CLE
    5. Richard Sherman
    6. Antonio Cromartie NYJ
    7. Jonathan Joseph HOU
    8. Derek Cox JAC
    9. Leon Hall CIN
    10. Ike Taylor PIT

Honorable mentions:

Brandon Flowers KAN
    Vontae Davis IND
    Brandon Browner SEA
    Morris Claiborne DAL
    Champ Bailey DEN
    Antoine Cason SD
    Kareem Jackson HOU
    Asante Samuel ATL
    Sean Smith MIA

No love for Grimes? I know he did not play this year due to an ACL but i think he is easily top 10. I love Leon Halls Game, I don't see any love for Webb either another guy who i think is a top 10 guy. Finnegan is another guy who deserves some mention. What about Brandon Carr?

Did everyone in this thread forget about Ladarius Webb?

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    #'s mean absolutely nothing when evaluating CB's. If anything having a high number of tackles and even INT's can be bad because it means the opposing qb who is constantly throwing on that CB. Who throws on Revis? Yeah.

Obviously I've seen Cro and I've watched Haden plenty of times. They're both significantly better than Samuel and Davis.
    Revis barely played last year and we all agree he is #1. Numbers don't mean everything but they do mean something. Cro played good but not better then Samuel or Davis. I'd have him 13th. Cro has great ability but isn't the best cover corner. Asante was supposed to be the #3 in Atlanta this year and was easy the best CB they had. Same with Philly last year. Funny how Cro can be a top CB but Asante can't based on injury. Last year people would have put Grimes in that top ten. I think Asante had a better year then Cro and the #s to tell that story. Cro wasn't being throw around this year any more then Asante was.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    No love for Grimes? I know he did not play this year due to an ACL but i think he is easily top 10. I love Leon Halls Game, I don't see any love for Webb either another guy who i think is a top 10 guy. Finnegan is another guy who deserves some mention. What about Brandon Carr?
    All good players. Hall has stepped it up last couple seasons. He was actually rated higher than Revis prior to the 2007 draft - obviously Revis is much better but Hall turned out pretty good too.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis View Post
    Did everyone in this thread forget about Ladarius Webb?
    Good call on Webb...

There are a lot of good cornerbacks out there, then there are really really good ones... and then there is Revis...

Think about it, Sherman was by many considered to be the top cover corner this year and he got beat by Roddy White during their playoff game with Atlanta. Check Darrelle Revis' playoff performances vs even better competition...

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    Who really are the best corners in football?

Here's my top 12.

1. Revis
    2. Nnamdi
    3. Champ
    4. Haden
    5. Tillman
    6. Joseph
    7. Asante
    8. Cromartie
    9. Woodson
    10. Finnegan
    11. Leon Hall
    12. Brandon Browner

N.m.:: Patrick Peterson, Ike Taylor, Tim Jennings, Tramon Williams, Devin McCourty, Dunta Robinson..

Anyone I'm forgetting?
    And how many of those guys have won super bowls? Samuel with Brady, Woodson and Williams with Aaron rodgers.