Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Real Quick- who are the best CBs ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    asomugha is still probably the best man to man CB not named revis. that's why he would have fit so well into rex's D. I have no idea why the eagles signed him and then have him play zone coverage

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    No love for Grimes? I know he did not play this year due to an ACL but i think he is easily top 10. I love Leon Halls Game, I don't see any love for Webb either another guy who i think is a top 10 guy. Finnegan is another guy who deserves some mention. What about Brandon Carr?
    I thought about Grimes a lot but hard to say when he didn't really play. Yeah he is probably top 6 if he is back 100%. Webb and Carr are both top 20 and deserve a mention. Finnegan had a very off year gave up a lot of catches. At the end of the year people where more scared of Janoris Jenkins though. Given the talent they had they had more issues then they should have vs the pass.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    asomugha is still probably the best man to man CB not named revis. that's why he would have fit so well into rex's D. I have no idea why the eagles signed him and then have him play zone coverage
    He is likely to get cut. It was more then just zone he didn't have that pop like he used too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Good call on Webb...

There are a lot of good cornerbacks out there, then there are really really good ones... and then there is Revis...

Think about it, Sherman was by many considered to be the top cover corner this year and he got beat by Roddy White during their playoff game with Atlanta. Check Darrelle Revis' playoff performances vs even better competition...
    yeah, but Sherman gets paid 500,000 per year for the next two years and is 24 who would you rather have?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, but Sherman gets paid 500,000 per year for the next two years and is 24 who would you rather have?
    Yeah because he's in his rookie contract. Also let's see him do it consistently. He's a great corner, but not close to the same level as Revis.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Zone or no zone, and he did play plenty of man to man in Philly, he was Kentucky Fried Eagle every single game.

And he was rarely tested in Oakland because the other corners there sucked, so it appears to me that he was just over rated to begin with.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis because he's better and Sherman is going to ask for a deal similar to Revis when his rookie contract is up anyway.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Asante Samuel was a great corner. Then he had two bad seasons, but people still believed he was a great corner. He regained his form and has been great ever since, but there are a large number of people that never realized it.

Samuel was a top 3-5 corner in 2010 and 2011. We'll see what the numbers (not INTs; I'm talking about success rate, ypa against, etc) about his year in 2012.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis 1
    Haden 2

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    1: Kyle Wilson

And then

Everyone else

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Nnamdi?

Have you seen him play recently? He's not even top 10 anymore. He gets torched every week.

Based on this year, my top 5 would probably be:

Revis
    Haden
    Joseph
    Sherman
    Cromartie

McCourty isn't a CB anymore.
    Nnamdi never was in the top 10. The only people who said he was top 10 on the Raiders were people who never saw him play and it became the cool thing to say he was great. Nnamdi is an elite #2 WR shutdown corner. Big deal. Put your #1 receiver in motion to the other side and he won't follow. Now he is being exposed in Philly for the slightly above average corner he really is.