Thread: Jetman55's post revision trade mock draft

Jetman55's post revision trade mock draft

As much as I would love to keep Revis the money he is going to demand is just not going to be feasible. The jets need to fill too many holes on both sides of the ball. With that being said the Jets trade Revis and a 5th to the Texans for pick 27 and 57. Now to the draft.

Round 1.

#9. Barkevious Mingo- extremely talented, fast sideline to sideline can get to the QB and can play standing up and hand in the dirt. Still pretty raw and his best football is ahead of him. Needs to put on some weight but can get to the qb and drop in coverage, exactly what we need. As much as I would like D.Moore there's no way he falls to us, Ansah is too raw and a reach at this point before the combine and Jarvis Jones size and spinal issues scares me too much.

#27. Dj Fluker- while it's not the sexy pick and may be a bit of a reach right now after the combine and how thin the Tavjle selection is I wouldn't doubt if be went before pick 27. We need help on the line ad he would make for a great start. We should kick Howard inside to guard to fill moores spot.

Round 2.

#39. Larry Warford- again not a sexy pick but the o-line was sad to watch and he is a mauler and excels in run blocking. We need to keep who ever is under center off the ground. With Fluker and Worford we solidify the line for years to come.

#57. Ej Manuel- He has the size, speed and athleticism to be a successful qb in the NFL. He never completed less than 65 percent of his passes in college. He may be a bit of a project but so are most of the Qbs in this draft. His performance in the senior bowl opened eyes as well.

Round 3

#72. Bacarri Rambo- both safeties not expected back we need someone back there and I expect Rambo to not post the best 40 times at the combine and there's a good chance he falls to this spot.

Round 4.

# 103. Tyrann Mathieu- extremely talented, yes he has some off the field issues but we need secondary and special teams help and this Kidd can do it all. Worth the risk. Revis replacement or can be plugged in at safety extremely versatile.

Round 5
    - traded to texans

Round 6.

- Erik Highsmith Wr UNC- good height at 6'3 and has the speed to be a vertical threat.

Round 7.

- Ryan Griffen TE Uconn. Extremely athletic, can block and has great size will suprise many be his measurable and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by JetMan55 View Post
    As much as I would love to keep Revis the money he is going to demand is just not going to be feasible. The jets need to fill too many holes on both sides of the ball. With that being said the Jets trade Revis and a 5th to the Texans for pick 27 and 57. Now to the draft.

Round 1.

#9. Barkevious Mingo- extremely talented, fast sideline to sideline can get to the QB and can play standing up and hand in the dirt. Still pretty raw and his best football is ahead of him. Needs to put on some weight but can get to the qb and drop in coverage, exactly what we need. As much as I would like D.Moore there's no way he falls to us, Ansah is too raw and a reach at this point before the combine and Jarvis Jones size and spinal issues scares me too much.

#27. Dj Fluker- while it's not the sexy pick and may be a bit of a reach right now after the combine and how thin the Tavjle selection is I wouldn't doubt if be went before pick 27. We need help on the line ad he would make for a great start. We should kick Howard inside to guard to fill moores spot.

Round 2.

#39. Larry Warford- again not a sexy pick but the o-line was sad to watch and he is a mauler and excels in run blocking. We need to keep who ever is under center off the ground. With Fluker and Worford we solidify the line for years to come.

#57. Ej Manuel- He has the size, speed and athleticism to be a successful qb in the NFL. He never completed less than 65 percent of his passes in college. He may be a bit of a project but so are most of the Qbs in this draft. His performance in the senior bowl opened eyes as well.

Round 3

#72. Bacarri Rambo- both safeties not expected back we need someone back there and I expect Rambo to not post the best 40 times at the combine and there's a good chance he falls to this spot.

Round 4.

# 103. Tyrann Mathieu- extremely talented, yes he has some off the field issues but we need secondary and special teams help and this Kidd can do it all. Worth the risk. Revis replacement or can be plugged in at safety extremely versatile.

Round 5
    - traded to texans

Round 6.

- Erik Highsmith Wr UNC- good height at 6'3 and has the speed to be a vertical threat.

Round 7.

- Ryan Griffen TE Uconn. Extremely athletic, can block and has great size will suprise many be his measurable and speed.

I hate this draft. Fluker and Warford not that high. no WR till round 6..no CB..and no EJ....

I would rather get 1..Star (who drops)...1b..Cooper... 2a..Hopkins....2b...Brandon Jenkins...3...Datone Jones....4....Alvin Bailey....6...Qunaterus Smith

Not a fan of some of the picks but they all seem early. You must really love over weight OL. Fluker need to loose about 25 lbs to make it into the 1st IMO. Warford not as much but he is still over weight. I'll take any QB as long as we get one but I am not a huge fan of Manuel either. I'd rather a SS I think Bush and Allen can rotate at FS fine. Why are we giving up picks to trade Revis? The whole point is to ADD picks. Dont care if it is a 5th that is a deal breaker.

Add Brooks Reed to the deal. He was injured last year. I'd take Connor Barth in a second, but they're not going to trade him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Add Brooks Reed to the deal. He was injured last year. I'd take Connor Barth in a second, but they're not going to trade him.
    You mean Connor Barwin. He's a free agent.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Not a fan of some of the picks but they all seem early. You must really love over weight OL. Fluker need to loose about 25 lbs to make it into the 1st IMO. Warford not as much but he is still over weight. I'll take any QB as long as we get one but I am not a huge fan of Manuel either. I'd rather a SS I think Bush and Allen can rotate at FS fine. Why are we giving up picks to trade Revis? The whole point is to ADD picks. Dont care if it is a 5th that is a deal breaker.
    Fluker blew people away at the senior bowl with his "good weight"

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I think he is a good player but drafting players because they look great in shorts is a recipe for failure...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I think he is a good player but drafting players because they look great in shorts is a recipe for failure...
    Golston?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I love Fluker in the second round, I think he could make a great RT in the NFL. He has that size you like in a RT and could transition there better than a more traditional taller and leaner LT prospect.

All League
    That's not what I was implying. The poster I quoted was going on about how he doesn't like overweight players, so I just pointed out that Fluker is not only not overweight, he wowed people with how good of shape he was in.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I love Fluker in the second round, I think he could make a great RT in the NFL. He has that size you like in a RT and could transition there better than a more traditional taller and leaner LT prospect.
    He's got him at #27 overall. I think that's too high.

You mean Connor Barwin. He's a free agent.
    Franchise tag (probably).