Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Free Agent Bargain Bin

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I agree with this about 90%. The Pats have won and won a lot, no denying that. Any objective fan has to sit back and give credit where it is do. But, in hindsight, people will realize that Tom Brady was singlehandedly more responsible for his team's success than just about any player in NFL history. I hate Brady, but I respect his talent and his drive to win (not his being whiny or complaining to officials). The fact is that never has a guy done more with less in the biggest spots. People think that Peyton Manning was great with the Colts, but he had some talent...Edgerrin James, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, etc. Tom Brady made Deion Branch into a Super Bowl MVP for cryin' outloud. The one or two times he did have great talent (Randy Moss) he blew the lid off most big QB records and went undefeated in a regular season.

So yes, of course we should wish we had the kind of success the Pats have had, but THEY are the ones who got lucky with the greatest 6th round pick in history.

The day Brady goes is the day Belichick runs into retirement thanking the football gods that his true mediocrity as a coach remained mostly hidden.
    I agree with you/this post. I've said the same time-and-time again. Once Tammy is gone, this team will be back to it's lack of winning ways -- 5 wins at best. Belicheat will be exposed for the fraud that he is....riding Tammy's coattails. His record before Tammy's emergence speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    So much for NE success since Spygate:

Failed BIG TIME in SB 5 years ago during undefeated season. 18-1. One of the biggest upsets in all of sports history.

Failed at home against Ravens -- blown out in wildcard round.

Failed at home against Jets -- decisive lost after a 14-2 season and blowing out the Jets at home the month before.

Failed in Superbowl again against underdog Giants.

Failed big time at home as a double digit favorite in AFCG against the Ravens.

Pre Spygate 3 Titles; Post Spygate, 0 ttiles.

just saying......
    Agreed, but my point was that they've still been better than us since spygate (besides the playoff win we had against them)

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Agreed, but my point was that they've still been better than us since spygate (besides the playoff win we had against them)
    In all due respects, did you say that 2 years ago? Or, is this just another case of prisoner of the moment syndrome? Only asking because this site was filled with many posters saying how the gap had closed between us and the cheaters in Boston coming off of back-to-back AFCG, including us dismantling them in their own building as we marched into Pitt for the right to go to Dallas. Now some would have you believe the Jets just finished a 1-15 campaign! Just saying....

In all due respects, did you say that 2 years ago? Or, is this just another case of prisoner of the moment syndrome? Only asking because this site was filled with many posters saying how the gap had closed between us and the cheaters in Boston coming off of back-to-back AFCG, including us dismantling them in their own building as we marched into Pitt for the right to go to Dallas. Now some would have you believe the Jets just finished a 1-15 campaign! Just saying....

No disrespect taken, 2 years ago I felt like we were hopefully ready to overtake them but now it is what it is, we are 0-4 against them since, they won the division 2 more times to make it 4 in a row and they made it to the SB and then to the Championship game all while we missed the playoffs twice...I hate them as much as you but the reality is they've been obviously better than us since

Banned
    So much for NE success since Spygate:

Failed BIG TIME in SB 5 years ago during undefeated season. 18-1. One of the biggest upsets in all of sports history.

Failed at home against Ravens -- blown out in wildcard round.

Failed at home against Jets -- decisive lost after a 14-2 season and blowing out the Jets at home the month before.

Failed in Superbowl again against underdog Giants.

Failed big time at home as a double digit favorite in AFCG against the Ravens.

Pre Spygate 3 Titles; Post Spygate, 0 ttiles.

just saying......
    This is some pretty funny $hit.

You mess your pants with the Jets most significant accomplishment of LOSING back to back AFCCG's but the Pats are a total loser of an organization because they don't win the Super Bowl every single year.

Seriously, what team would you prefer to be a fan of the last 10 years?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    This is some pretty funny $hit.

You mess your pants with the Jets most significant accomplishment of LOSING back to back AFCCG's but the Pats are a total loser of an organization because they don't win the Super Bowl every single year.

Seriously, what team would you prefer to be a fan of the last 10 years?
    It has to be the jets. The pats cheated for all their Super Bowls. Thats an easy question.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    It has to be the jets. The pats cheated for all their Super Bowls. Thats an easy question.
    Good for you, I hope you continue to enjoy all the Jets significant accomplishments over the last 10 years.

They have done far more than the Pats.

All League
    Good for you, I hope you continue to enjoy all the Jets significant accomplishments over the last 10 years.

They have done far more than the Pats.
    One cheats the other doesn't. And I never said they had major accomplishments. I just don't like cheaters. Apparently you do. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by greygoose11 View Post
    Just a few bargain bin names I think the Jets should go after

Matt Moore QB -- Moore, is an athletic quarterback with the arm strength to make every NFL throw with good zip. When he strides into his throws, he is an accurate passeróon short, intermediate and deep passes. He throws a good deep ball, showing the ability to drop in a deep touch pass or zip a 25-plus yard throw on a rope. Though his production against the blitz isnít always good, he doesnít panic against pressure and force throws into bad spots. He is very willing to throw the ball away. He has a quick, efficient delivery, which helps him get rid of the ball quickly. He has shown a knack for making good 10-plus yard throws in third-and-long situations. He leads receivers effectively, and when his target is well-covered, he does a good job of throwing the ball where only the receiver can make a play on the ball. He stands strong in the pocket, waiting for a chance to make a good throw right before he gets hit.

Javon Ringer RB---Ringer is a strong back with a solid frame. Great technical runner. Keeps his shoulder square to the line of scrimmage at all times and tucks the ball well. He's used to carrying the load after totaling 390 carries his senior year. Great vision, which allows him to find a hole where most won't. Runs low to the ground. A better pass catcher than most running backs. Runs solid routes and can be considered an asset in the passing game. Known by coaches as a hard worker in the weight room.

Corey Lynch S---A fantastic special teams player who was an absolute ballhawk in college

Larry Grant ILB---Grant is a jack of all trades. He can play all three linebacker positions and could be a very good special teams player. He has blocked 15 kicks in his college career. With his versatility and special teams contributions, he could stick on an NFL team and be a contributor.

Donnie Avery WR---

Donald Thomas G---

Junior Galette OLB/DE---
    Moore is ridiculously overrated by posters on this messageboard.

Ringer is a JAG. I've seen him play plenty o'times. Nothing special - friggin Joe McKnight is better.

Avery is a JAG WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Namath View Post
    You make Matt Moore sound like Aaron Rodgers.
    If you didn't know anything about the NFL or ever watch and just read this board you'd think Matt Moore was Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith was better than Peyton Manning.

Banned
    One cheats the other doesn't. And I never said they had major accomplishments. I just don't like cheaters. Apparently you do. Nothing wrong with that.
    Ah, the only response of an envious, jealous Jets fan can ever come up with because of the Pats total domination of the Jets:

"The Pats cheated"

That must be so comforting as a Jets fan.

I agree with you/this post. I've said the same time-and-time again. Once Tammy is gone, this team will be back to it's lack of winning ways -- 5 wins at best. Belicheat will be exposed for the fraud that he is....riding Tammy's coattails. His record before Tammy's emergence speaks for itself.
    Belichick will be running out of Foxboro the day Brady retires. Coughlin is already keeping the seat warm for him with the Giants. The Coughlin and Brady retirements will probably happen at the same time so perfect timing for belicheat to go to East Rutherford and win another SB with Eli.

Patsfantx will go back to being a Cowboys fan or whatever team he rooted for prior to Brady.

All League
    Ah, the only response of an envious, jealous Jets fan can ever come up with because of the Pats total domination of the Jets:

"The Pats cheated"

That must be so comforting as a Jets fan.
    What else would you like us to say. Prior to them getting caught, i respected what they did. Cheating is pretty big. It's hard to overlook.

There is no need to be defensive on this man. Like I said, you couldn't help that they did. It's not your fault.

Top 3 FA Priorities:

1. Resign Landry (if you can't resign him then don't trade Revis otherwise our pass D will be horrible next season)

2. Resign Keller(should be able to get him with 1 yr incentive deal starting at around $2mil)

3. Resign Bray(1 yr deal on the cheap)

One guy who is under the radar that I think could help us and is very cheap is Ramses Barden. He actually looked like he learned how to play WR at the NFL level last season and did well whenever he got a chance to play when Nicks was hurt. He's 6'6, 235 lbs and has good speed. Giants won't be able to sign him they're breaking the bank to resign Cruz.

What else would you like us to say. Prior to them getting caught, i respected what they did. Cheating is pretty big. It's hard to overlook.

There is no need to be defensive on this man. Like I said, you couldn't help that they did. ITS NOT YOUR FAULT.
    He actually helped whenever they played in Dallas or Houston...😊
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 01-27-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Jets fans s-talking about the Pats cheating is like Met and Red Sox fans complaining about the Yankees taking roids - lame and hypocritical. Wouldn't be shocked if every team in the league had done similar stuff over the yrs.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    He actually helped whenever they played in Dallas or Houston...😊
    That little cock$ucker! Now I lost all my respect for him now...... Guess I have to take my TX poster off the wall now.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Jets fans s-talking about the Pats cheating is like Met and Red Sox fans complaining about the Yankees taking roids - lame and hypocritical. Wouldn't be shocked if every team in the league had done similar stuff over the yrs.
    Great analogy!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Nice to see there are some smart Jets fans out there.

That little cock$ucker! Now I lost all my respect for him now...... Guess I have to take my TX poster off the wall now.
    It is very disappointing...