Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Free Agent Bargain Bin

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Moore is ridiculously overrated by posters on this messageboard.

Ringer is a JAG. I've seen him play plenty o'times. Nothing special - friggin Joe McKnight is better.

Avery is a JAG WR.
    This post is titled Free Agent Bargain Bins hence the talent suggested is not going to be the cream of the crop free agents but solid players who can help us this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greygoose11 View Post
    This post is titled Free Agent Bargain Bins hence the talent suggested is not going to be the cream of the crop free agents but solid players who can help us this year.
    If "Solid" means mediocre and overpriced then I guess I understand now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Top 3 FA Priorities:

1. Resign Landry (if you can't resign him then don't trade Revis otherwise our pass D will be horrible next season)

2. Resign Keller(should be able to get him with 1 yr incentive deal starting at around $2mil)

3. Resign Bray(1 yr deal on the cheap)

One guy who is under the radar that I think could help us and is very cheap is Ramses Barden. He actually looked like he learned how to play WR at the NFL level last season and did well whenever he got a chance to play when Nicks was hurt. He's 6'6, 235 lbs and has good speed. Giants won't be able to sign him they're breaking the bank to resign Cruz.
    You lost me at Keller- he's not worth the $$ he wants.

Jets fans s-talking about the Pats cheating is like Met and Red Sox fans complaining about the Yankees taking roids - lame and hypocritical. Wouldn't be shocked if every team in the league had done similar stuff over the yrs.
    Ok- I'm a Jets fan and would be Mets if I liked baseball and I despise the Giants, Pats, and Yankees with a burning passion and can always find a reason to say that they don't deserve their success even if it isn't 100% truthful.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    You lost me at Keller- he's not worth the $$ he wants.
    Jets absolutely need a Tight End that can catch in the flats and crossing routes - that will help whoever is our QB next year big-time. Nobody in their right mind is giving Keller big bucks which mean Jets can probably get him at a reasonable cost for 1 season. Keller is in the same situation Landry was in last season and alot of people laughed at Tanny for signing Landry to 1 yr $4mil.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets absolutely need a Tight End that can catch in the flats and crossing routes - that will help whoever is our QB next year big-time. Nobody in their right mind is giving Keller big bucks which mean Jets can probably get him at a reasonable cost for 1 season. Keller is in the same situation Landry was in last season and alot of people laughed at Tanny for signing Landry to 1 yr $4mil.
    Cumberland showed me enough this year to warrant resigning him- true, he missed 2011 with an injury but Keller was supposedly injured most of this year and ineffective when he wasn't and I was never the biggest Keller fan either.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Cumberland showed me enough this year to warrant resigning him- true, he missed 2011 with an injury but Keller was supposedly injured most of this year and ineffective when he wasn't and I was never the biggest Keller fan either.
    Cumby is a JAG and honestly we'd be better off with a blocking TE as #2 on our DC. Keller is a much better playmaker when healthy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If "Solid" means mediocre and overpriced then I guess I understand now.
    I just don't see Moore fitting the thread at all. He will not be a bargain he will be the most sought after QB FA in this group. To be honest other then maybe Chase Daniel there isn't a bargain QB here. I still can't believe people bough into Flynn last year Daniel to me is the same guy. Has not done much in the last few years but looks good in preseason. He had like a 104.8 QBR and a 72 comp rate. He will likely sign for league min and is better then anything we have IMO. Yet people would rather spend 4-7 mil on a QB that is a proven failure then give a young guy a chance here. Not saying he is the answer but it wouldn't hurt bringing him in to look at.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I just don't see Moore fitting the thread at all. He will not be a bargain he will be the most sought after QB FA in this group. To be honest other then maybe Chase Daniel there isn't a bargain QB here. I still can't believe people bough into Flynn last year Daniel to me is the same guy. Has not done much in the last few years but looks good in preseason. He had like a 104.8 QBR and a 72 comp rate. He will likely sign for league min and is better then anything we have IMO. Yet people would rather spend 4-7 mil on a QB that is a proven failure then give a young guy a chance here. Not saying he is the answer but it wouldn't hurt bringing him in to look at.
    Matt Moore is a good backup QB and lousy as a starting QB. Looks good if he has to fill in for a few games when your #1 is injured but if you go into the season with him as your 1 your done. Ask any Panthers or Dolphins fan.

I'd rather the Jets take a chance on Flynn. Not a big Flynn guy but I think he has better upside and probably won't cost us more than a couple mid-round picks and I think his base salary will be less than what Moore gets on FA.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Moore is a good backup QB and lousy as a starting QB. Looks good if he has to fill in for a few games when your #1 is injured but if you go into the season with him as your 1 your done. Ask any Panthers or Dolphins fan.

I'd rather the Jets take a chance on Flynn. Not a big Flynn guy but I think he has better upside and probably won't cost us more than a couple mid-round picks and I think his base salary will be less than what Moore gets on FA.

Plus if your looking for QB who takes care of the ball, Moore maybe the only QB who fumbles more than Sanchez....Had 14 fumbles in 13 games in 2011....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have Donald Thomas at 700k salary as well as Corey Lynch. Ringer was $560k,Grant 1.2mil, moore $2.5mil, junior galette 500k and donnie avery at 615k No one knows how negotiations are going to go as far as contracts. I did some research of some 2012 Free Agents who fit the mold of what the Jets need to sign this year. You can restructure some contracts to save that money with Sanchez,Holes and Cromartie possibly coming of the books next year fro a 27million in savings. This is how the NFL is structered as of today. All teams do it. I just dont see the Jets taking a dive next year with Rex Ryans job on the line so im trying to come up with a reasonable solution for next seasons roster.
    But why would Thomas take a 300% cut in pay? Rex Ryan is not making the choices, the new GM is. He is going to make deals with the best long range goals of the jets, not to save ryan's job next year. What good does going 8-8 (best case) do the jets? A 5-11 record will allow the jets to pick in the top 10 two years in a row, and not straddle future years with money spent this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    In all due respects, did you say that 2 years ago? Or, is this just another case of prisoner of the moment syndrome? Only asking because this site was filled with many posters saying how the gap had closed between us and the cheaters in Boston coming off of back-to-back AFCG, including us dismantling them in their own building as we marched into Pitt for the right to go to Dallas. Now some would have you believe the Jets just finished a 1-15 campaign! Just saying....
    No, two years ago jet fans were saying the pats were cheap because they did not pay Samuel 8.5 mill and Seymour 11 mill. while the jets continued to sign big money players. 4 years later the pats are still an upper echelon team and the the jets are paying off the credit card.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a few bargain bin names I think the Jets should go after

Matt Moore QB -- Moore, is an athletic quarterback with the arm strength to make every NFL throw with good zip. When he strides into his throws, he is an accurate passer—on short, intermediate and deep passes. He throws a good deep ball, showing the ability to drop in a deep touch pass or zip a 25-plus yard throw on a rope. Though his production against the blitz isn’t always good, he doesn’t panic against pressure and force throws into bad spots. He is very willing to throw the ball away. He has a quick, efficient delivery, which helps him get rid of the ball quickly. He has shown a knack for making good 10-plus yard throws in third-and-long situations. He leads receivers effectively, and when his target is well-covered, he does a good job of throwing the ball where only the receiver can make a play on the ball. He stands strong in the pocket, waiting for a chance to make a good throw right before he gets hit.

Javon Ringer RB---Ringer is a strong back with a solid frame. Great technical runner. Keeps his shoulder square to the line of scrimmage at all times and tucks the ball well. He's used to carrying the load after totaling 390 carries his senior year. Great vision, which allows him to find a hole where most won't. Runs low to the ground. A better pass catcher than most running backs. Runs solid routes and can be considered an asset in the passing game. Known by coaches as a hard worker in the weight room.

Corey Lynch S---A fantastic special teams player who was an absolute ballhawk in college

Larry Grant ILB---Grant is a jack of all trades. He can play all three linebacker positions and could be a very good special teams player. He has blocked 15 kicks in his college career. With his versatility and special teams contributions, he could stick on an NFL team and be a contributor.

Donnie Avery WR---

Donald Thomas G---

Junior Galette OLB/DE---
    This list reminds me of the $5 DVD bin you see at WalMart.

There is nothing in there that anybody wants but they buy anyway cuz they think its a good deal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

There is nothing in there that anybody wants but they buy anyway cuz they think its a good deal.
    No $hit. I just bought the paranormal activity 3 box set for 15 bucks. Couldn't pass it up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think a guy like matt moore would take less money to come compete for the Jets job versus more money to back a more proven QB. If he takes a few bucks more to back up a solid starter or an incoming high Rookie draft pick he may ride the pine all year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I think he heads to Atlanta for his mulligan. Gonsalez is retiring and they have a huge need. If he is signing for a one year deal to improve his stock for 2014 he is better off with a playoff team and Ryan tossing him the rock and White and Jones dragging the defense outside the hashes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    No $hit. I just bought the paranormal activity 3 box set for 15 bucks. Couldn't pass it up.
    Lmao.

And will you ever watch any of them?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I think a guy like matt moore would take less money to come compete for the Jets job versus more money to back a more proven QB. If he takes a few bucks more to back up a solid starter or an incoming high Rookie draft pick he may ride the pine all year.
    I can see Moore signing an incentive laden contract, with an out after the 2nd preseason game. I say that because he may not trust the jets to give him a equal shot to beat out Sanchez after the Tebow fiasco, where Rex said that Tebow will see the ball up to 20% of the snaps. I can see him signing for 1 mill a year, with a few million in incentives based on games played. he will only hit the cap for the 1mill in 2013, any incentives he reaches the jets will deal with 2014.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah dont knock the movie been at walmart. I have bought some great movies in that been. Kmart OK but walmart has a lot better selection for 5 bucks. Was there yesterday saw almost every Bond money. That is value.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lmao.

And will you ever watch any of them?
    Haha. All three in one night.

Still don't know why either.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    yeah dont knock the movie been at walmart. I have bought some great movies in that been. Kmart OK but walmart has a lot better selection for 5 bucks. Was there yesterday saw almost every Bond money. That is value.
    I don't really know what's in there. I don't shop at Walmart, they all smell like a litter box.