Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jets could trade Cromartie instead of Revis

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fumes View Post
    Cromartie does a fair amount of putting his foot in his mouth, but I don't get the vibe that it's malicious. He doesn't always think before he speaks. And getting rid of him means nothing as it pertains to getting Revis his $16 million a year.

It's simple business.... Explore moving Revis now while you have the chance. Cause if the season starts, and he plays well, someone else WILL make him an offer for more money and he will be gone for dick anyways.

Everyone.... Me, us, writers, commentators and the like, will be down on the Jets if they can't keep him and he goes elsewhere..... For dick.

Cromartie a locker room issue? Never seen him argue w anyone in the huddle. Never heard him speak against a team mate. Maybe he is an issue but it certainly doesn't seem that way.
    If Revis goes elsewhere we'll recieve a 1st round pick

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No, they didn't negotiate to eventually come to a deal. Tannenbaum simply folded and gave into Revis' demands when the season was about to start.

And some team out there will definitely give Revis what he wants. Just look at a team like the Bucs, who are almost $50 million under the cap.
    Can you back this up? Or is it just more assumption?

I can't imagine for a moment that Revis DEMANDED a no hold-out clause.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No, they didn't negotiate to eventually come to a deal. Tannenbaum simply folded and gave into Revis' demands when the season was about to start.

And some team out there will definitely give Revis what he wants. Just look at a team like the Bucs, who are almost $50 million under the cap.
    Give it a rest. Revis wanted to be paid more than Asomugha, he didn't even get close. So where did Tannenbaum fold in that case. Revis got no where close to where he wanted to be and he won't get $16M this time.

1st post, so don't kill me on my 1st input idea/hope.

I am on the side of keeping Revis & dealing Cro. Love them both but we need some cap spaces & new faces.

Noticed Arizona is in the market for a CB upgrade & they seem to be in a similar situation as us but waaaay worse. Our situation is just talked about more because we are in NY, along with the tebow controversy & others. I think they have no choice but to start a rebuild now, while we might can get a glimpse of luck & not have to start completely over with the right moves.

How about making a move for a player that deserves better?

Cromartie, Stephen Hill, Bilal Powell & David Harris for Larry Fitzgerald. Maybe throw in a conditional/performance 2014 draft pick that can be as high as a 1st if he plays to his pro bowl self?

Some may think I'm delusional or crazy to suggest this but I really believe we need to make a major move like this to somewhat change the offensive culture. Players got so used to that ground & pound crap, this move would be refreshing for the new offense. I think this is a solid return for the cards if they're looking to rework roster or rebuild.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    1st post, so don't kill me on my 1st input idea/hope.

I am on the side of keeping Revis & dealing Cro. Love them both but we need some cap spaces & new faces.

Noticed Arizona is in the market for a CB upgrade & they seem to be in a similar situation as us but waaaay worse. Our situation is just talked about more because we are in NY, along with the tebow controversy & others. I think they have no choice but to start a rebuild now, while we might can get a glimpse of luck & not have to start completely over with the right moves.

How about making a move for a player that deserves better?

Cromartie, Stephen Hill, Bilal Powell & David Harris for Larry Fitzgerald. Maybe throw in a conditional/performance 2014 draft pick that can be as high as a 1st if he plays to his pro bowl self?

Some may think I'm delusional or crazy to suggest this but I really believe we need to make a major move like this to somewhat change the offensive culture. Players got so used to that ground & pound crap, this move would be refreshing for the new offense. I think this is a solid return for the cards if they're looking to rework roster or rebuild.
    In a way I think the Cards are a lot like the Jets ... they've got some good pieces in place, especially on D, but are screaming out for any sort of production whatsover at QB.

Cards D is actually pretty strong, so I'm not sure they're looking at strengthening it as a priority, much more they need to get better on O. Other than QB, their biggest weakness is OL, especially at the tackle positions.

Cro in particular would need to move to a man-on-man defense team rather than zone - this is why he's playing well for the Jets compared to SD. If he trades to a zone team he won't be as impactful IMHO. Same with Revis. I'm not sure what Arizona play.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    If Revis goes elsewhere we'll recieve a 1st round pick
    Only if he is traded.

If he walks away as a FA, Jets will get zilch.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Can you back this up? Or is it just more assumption?

I can't imagine for a moment that Revis DEMANDED a no hold-out clause.
    He probably agreed to that to get the no franchise option.. Knowing he could still hold out with no consequences..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Only if he is traded.

We already have him playing QB..

Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Give it a rest. Revis wanted to be paid more than Asomugha, he didn't even get close. So where did Tannenbaum fold in that case. Revis got no where close to where he wanted to be and he won't get $16M this time.
    What! Revis held out while he was under his rookie contract through 2012. he is how under contract with the jets for one extra year 2013, For that extra year of service Tanny increased his salary by 32 mill dollars. How can you consider that anything but rolling over and playing dead.

I'd rather re-sign Revis to a six-year, $100 million deal and trade Cromartie, too. Cromartie is counting for $10 million against the cap in 2013, an absurdly high number for a #2 CB.

However, even off a torn ACL, Revis still will command more in the open market. Revis, for all his money demands, doesn't get in any confrontations, is as quiet as a church mouse off the field and works damn hard. There's no question that he's the best in the game. Cromartie, while he's a top 10 CB, he isn't "elite" and nor is he anything but a good guy - not a thug, ahole, etc - but not a stand out citizen either. He's also older than Revis and teams would have to worry about re-signing him after 2014. So, more likely than not, Revis will be the one who's dealt.

Only if he is traded.

I heard on ESPN we'll recieve some type of pick if he signs elsewhere idk??

Hall Of Fame
    Only if he is traded.

We would get a compensatory pick if he leaves in FA. It will likely be a third rounder.

All Pro
    Only if he is traded.

Technically not zilch.....they will get a comp pick, which, if he gets his asking price, would be a 3rd rounder or better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    The best play right now is to get a tentative trade and confront Revis' agent with the deal. This is digital a yes or no. 12 mill 6 years at 30 mill guaranteed we keep him otherwise trade for multiple picks.