Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Revis and then trade Cromartie as well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade Revis and then trade Cromartie as well.

Actually trade anyone that might help us win a game or two because we are just not good enough to be in it for the near future. This would insure Ryan gets canned and we can really rebuild. I hope I am wrong but this teams window of winning has passed us by and we need to get younger and just better overall. What is the point of having veterans on the team when they will ultimately not be part of the solution. Revis,Cromartie,Harris,Sanchez,Holmes and a few others are Vets that are either terrible or worth more on another team then they are to us. A couple of good drafts and a few extra picks and we can be back in business. You have to view extra picks as lottery tickets. The more you have the more you have a chance to land that big time QB who will get us back to the playoffs. We just cant afford to have one or two guys taking up the majority of our salary cap when we are not even making the playoffs.
    Hit the reset button for real and move on from these guys as soon as we can. I am not saying that Revis isnt a great player because he is but he is worth more to us on another team.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Fortunately GMs don't act like irrational fans.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's nice to know that Obamacare covers internet access in mental institutions.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    Actually trade anyone that might help us win a game or two because we are just not good enough to be in it for the near future. This would insure Ryan gets canned and we can really rebuild.
    I thank the FSM that you are not running the organization.

Ramen!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dumb.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why? Did cromartie make too much money already too?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually trade anyone that might help us win a game or two because we are just not good enough to be in it for the near future. This would insure Ryan gets canned and we can really rebuild. I hope I am wrong but this teams window of winning has passed us by and we need to get younger and just better overall. What is the point of having veterans on the team when they will ultimately not be part of the solution. Revis,Cromartie,Harris,Sanchez,Holmes and a few others are Vets that are either terrible or worth more on another team then they are to us. A couple of good drafts and a few extra picks and we can be back in business. You have to view extra picks as lottery tickets. The more you have the more you have a chance to land that big time QB who will get us back to the playoffs. We just cant afford to have one or two guys taking up the majority of our salary cap when we are not even making the playoffs.
    Hit the reset button for real and move on from these guys as soon as we can. I am not saying that Revis isnt a great player because he is but he is worth more to us on another team.
    Lance Mehl what would you take at a minimum for D Revis in a trade. What if the Jets can't get multiple picks for him. What do you do let him leave, sign him to a monster contract, or get what you can and move on.

JMO I think what Jet fans expect from a Revis trade, and what they actual get is two different things. So I want to hear what Jet fans want at a minimal and if can't get that do you cave and give Revis that monster contract.

There is a very small market for teams that want to pay a Cb 16 million dollars a year and give up draft picks in the process. If you're talking about the Qb position, it's a different situation.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 01-27-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Lance Mehl what would you take at a minimum for D Revis in a trade. What if the Jets can't get multiple picks for him. What do you do let him leave, sign him to a monster contract, or get what you can and move on.

JMO I think what Jet fans expect from a Revis trade, and what they actual get is two different things. So I want to hear what Jet fans want at a minimal and if can't get that do you cave and give Revis that monster contract.

There is a very small market for teams that want to pay a Cb 16 million dollars a year and give up draft picks in the process. If you're talking about the Qb position, it's a different situation.
    What I don't think a lot of people get, maybe even you. Revis is not just great. I think after all said and done. He will go down as perhaps THE best all around cornere EVER. If not the best def top two or three. That is why if you don,t get a crap load for him. You can't trade him for trade sake.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    What I don't think a lot of people get, maybe even you. Revis is not just great. I think after all said and done. He will go down as perhaps THE best all around cornere EVER. If not the best def top two or three. That is why if you don,t get a crap load for him. You can't trade him for trade sake.
    So you think it's better to keep him for the 2013 season where according to most we have no shot at the playoffs and then losing him as a FA in 2014.. Well I guess for you a 3rd or 4th rd comp pick works..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again your entitle to your point of view and no jet fan or another team fan is wrong if they have a different opinion. So just to understand your point. You would definitely sign Revis to a monster contract than to take anything less you thought he was worth.

Again what would you take at minimum for D Revis in a trade. The3re are only three options. Sign him, do nothing and watch him leave in freeagency, and trade him and get what you can.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    So you think it's better to keep him for the 2013 season where according to most we have no shot at the playoffs and then losing him as a FA in 2014.. Well I guess for you a 3rd or 4th rd comp pick works..
    Most are wrong. As are you. Players like Revis only come along about every 25 years or so. You mean to tell me it is IMPOSSIBLE to resign him?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again your entitle to your point of view and no jet fan or another team fan is wrong if they have a different opinion. So just to understand your point. You would definitely sign Revis to a monster contract than to take anything less you thought he was worth.

Again what would you take at minimum for D Revis in a trade. The3re are only three options. Sign him, do nothing and watch him leave in freeagency, and trade him and get what you can.
    A lot of people are way to worried about his knee. Remember this his game is not about speed, its about technique. Yes I would resighn him no matter what. Thats just me.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most are wrong. As are you. Players like Revis only come along about every 25 years or so. You mean to tell me it is IMPOSSIBLE to resign him?
    The question is are you willing to give D Revis 16 million dollars per year. Sure you can always sign him ,but at what price you say enough is enough. Or since he the greatest you have no problem signing him at any price.

Here D Revis here is a blank check just sign what you think your worth.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of people are way to worried about his knee. Remember this his game is not about speed, its about technique. Yes I would resighn him no matter what. Thats just me.
    Hey at least you're honest. Can't fault you if you feel that way .

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If your happy to have Revis and not much else sure you can sign him..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The question is are you willing to give D Revis 16 million dollars per year. Sure you can always sign him ,but at what price you say enough is enough. Or since he the greatest you have no problem signing him at any price.

Here D Revis here is a blank check just sign what you think your worth.
    I would have no problem giving him a contract that would make him the highest paid player on defence. I know conventional wisdoms says a corner is not worth the value of a D line men. In the case ,JMO I would make an exception.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We did it before sort of with Aaron Glenn and Marcus Coleman to dump contracts.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    If your happy to have Revis and not much else sure you can sign him..
    I think if the new GM is good . This does not have to be the case. I guess we have to agree to disagree.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

trade them both at the same time

the jets should trade both revis and cromarti at the same time.they will recieve multiple picks for both players.other then quarterback.this draft is loaded with great picks in the first three rounds.we all know that the jets will not be competitive this coming season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The least I would take for Revis is 1st and a 3rd
    Cromartie a 2nd or 3rd

I am not playing Madden football here. I know it makes little sense but look at our roster we are devoid of talent. Our best two players are CB and while thats better then a lot of other spots the fact remains we have zero and I do mean zero talent at QB,RB,WR, and soon TE (Keller is gone). You just cant win this way.