Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tinstar's post Senior Bowl Mock

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I will agree with is the fact that we have no depth at all behind DBrick as a LT, we have been truly lucky he has stayed healthy. Don't get me wrong, I value the oline as a place to over build. i just can't believe there will not be a better player at another position for us at 9.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the following will be available at #9. As my 4th choice I think Fisher is a good pick, obviously:

(1) Luke Joeckel #1, LT
    (2) Jarvis Jones #7, 34 OLB
    (3) Dee Milliner #5, CB
    (4) Eric Fisher #6, LT
    (5) Smith #14 QB
    (6) Lane Johnson # 11, LT
    (7) Keenan Allen #12, WR
    (8) Star Lotulelei #9, DT
    (9) Sheldon Richardson #10, DT

I went by importance of position modified by rank in that position.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    One of the following will be available at #9. As my 4th choice I think Fisher is a good pick, obviously:

(1) Luke Joeckel #1, LT *****
    (2) Jarvis Jones #7, 34 OLB ***?
    (3) Dee Milliner #5, CB **
    (4) Eric Fisher #6, LT ****
    (5) Smith #14 QB ***
    (6) Lane Johnson # 11, LT ***
    (7) Keenan Allen #12, WR **
    (8) Star Lotulelei #9, DT *****
    (9) Sheldon Richardson #10, DT ****

I went by importance of position modified by rank in that position.
    The 2 best players in these 9 that should interest the Jets will be The Fisher king and the Star. The Joker will be gone, Jones scares the crap out of me because of that ailment in his spine . I don't want Smith because i'm not a fan of these running QBs. Lane Johnson is a late round LT who could be a starting LG. I am not interested in any WR in the 1st. None, not even Calvin Johnson. I don't believe in paying a supporting type player the kind of money Johnson and Fitzgerald are making.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    True true about WR but Keenan Allen the top rated WR in the 1st and Eddy Lacy the top rated RB in the 2nd would be the start of a good offense build. And these two should be available to us, and both are only a slight reach.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The 2 best players in these 9 that should interest the Jets will be The Fisher king and the Star. The Joker will be gone, Jones scares the crap out of me because of that ailment in his spine . I don't want Smith because i'm not a fan of these running QBs. Lane Johnson is a late round LT who could be a starting LG. I am not interested in any WR in the 1st. None, not even Calvin Johnson. I don't believe in paying a supporting type player the kind of money Johnson and Fitzgerald are making.
    And that settles it, you have no idea what you're talking about. ..

Smith a running QB LOL

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me it's line, line, line. If a team is looking for value, stability and a building block. No lineman is ever going to pull in the contract of a player from a 'star' position - so these are the guys you can hope to have around for a long enough window to really build a team.

For the Jets, I'd have a very hard time not picking Star if he falls to #9 - and I think the OG play needs to be addressed with some higher picks. Add in a productive running back and one LB and we'd have had a meaningful draft to right this ship.

This team's window is too closed at this point to be looking for flash players at WR, TE or any position where we have good starters. I know Jetsnation may groan but Star plus a real running game gets us back to respectability faster than any route I see happening in the draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    But I'd also have to add that the more I watch Tyler Bray, the more I'm coming around to his potential (reminded by Freshbaked). I was put off by the maturity issues and concerned about his mobility in the NFL - but he definitely seem to play with good instincts and look like a guy that can take advantage of defensive mistakes with a powerful arm.

His stats don't jump off the page and the low-ish completion percentage for college seem to be a small red flag, but his level of competition is unmatched in this draft.

Anyone think Bray could be the guy at #9??

I personally think Smith goes #1 and that the Bills take Barkley at 8.
    Last edited by adpz; 01-28-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    But I'd also have to add that the more I watch Tyler Bray, the more I'm coming around to his potential (reminded by Freshbaked). I was put off by the maturity issues and concerned about his mobility in the NFL - but he definitely seem to play with good instincts and look like a guy that can take advantage of defensive mistakes with a powerful arm.

His stats don't jump off the page and the low-ish completion percentage for college seem to be a small red flag, but his level of competition is unmatched in this draft.

Bray had an incredible arm. But has many flaws. Accuracy, decision making, leadership etc... It is highly unlikely he is taken in the first 2 rounds.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a left handed QB RT is very impotent. So if they plan on keeping Tebow yes by all means draft a RT in the 1st and pass on QB until late. That is my 2c on that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post

Much like all the other QB's in this draft not named Geno, he cannot be a 1st round selection