Thread: Interesting Trades Considered

JetsInsider.com Legend

Interesting Trades Considered

Trade Revis?

Then Trade Cromartie?

Maybe trade the Jets to Chicago for the Cubs???

Trade Rex for screen legend Anthony Quinn's undershirt?

We should consider ALL interesting trades!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRSd_ko9HG4

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

lolgfy

Jets Insider VIP
    The Star-Ledger-USA TODAY Sports
    If there was one recurring weakness for the St. Louis Rams during the 2012 season (aside from the offensive line), it was their secondary. On several occasions the defensive backs for St. Louis were burned for big momentum swinging plays that may have ultimately cost them wins in some cases. That is why the idea of trading for the now seemingly available Darrelle Revis is an intriguing idea for the young squad under the Gateway Arch.

The team signed feisty Jeff Fisher staple Cortland Finnegan to a massive contract last offseason, but he didnít really thrive in their defense. He will present a $15 million cap hit in 2013 if he is on the roster and that may be enough to earn him a ticket out of town. He also has a $3 million bonus that will be guaranteed five days after Super Bowl XLVII if he is on the roster which may provide added incentive to move him out.

With Janoris Jenkins already claiming a firm hold to one starting cornerback role, Revis would make an incredible complement to the young up and coming playmaker. Keeping in mind that the New York Jets and Rams have already done some business recently with the Jason Smith for Wayne Hunter deal this past season, perhaps the bridge to facilitate a trade has already been built. Sure, that was under former general manager Mike Tannenbaumís direction, but the teams are already familiar with one another at least.

Statistically, adding Revis would clearly help a secondary that ranked 23rd in the NFL in first downs allowed through the air. In terms of pass defense, the Rams were ranked 15th in the league while their NFC West counterparts in the San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, and even the lowly Arizona Cardinals ranked in the top six in that category.

Given the plethora of picks that the Rams still have in their back pocket from the Robert Griffin III deal from the Washington Redskins, they have plenty of flexibility in terms of trade value to offer in exchange for Revis. This team could quickly help its secondary leap frog the rest of their division with just one move.

Even if Finnegan remains with the Rams, adding Revis would give them a trio of terrific corners in a primarily pass-happy league. A team can never have too many high-quality corners and the Rams would certainly benefit from the addition of Revis.

GM Les Snead has already shown he isnít afraid to make deals and this Rams team showed a great deal of improvement in less than a year under his direction. If he wants to take this team to the next level and make them contenders immediately, putting together a package to land Revis would be a great place to start.

Follow Anthony Blake on Twitter @AnthonyMBlake or on Facebook at Anthony Mizarkus Blake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/0...zae016ovI5v.99

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    lolgfy

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    The Star-Ledger-USA TODAY Sports
    If there was one recurring weakness for the St. Louis Rams during the 2012 season (aside from the offensive line), it was their secondary. On several occasions the defensive backs for St. Louis were burned for big momentum swinging plays that may have ultimately cost them wins in some cases. That is why the idea of trading for the now seemingly available Darrelle Revis is an intriguing idea for the young squad under the Gateway Arch.

The team signed feisty Jeff Fisher staple Cortland Finnegan to a massive contract last offseason, but he didnít really thrive in their defense. He will present a $15 million cap hit in 2013 if he is on the roster and that may be enough to earn him a ticket out of town. He also has a $3 million bonus that will be guaranteed five days after Super Bowl XLVII if he is on the roster which may provide added incentive to move him out.

With Janoris Jenkins already claiming a firm hold to one starting cornerback role, Revis would make an incredible complement to the young up and coming playmaker. Keeping in mind that the New York Jets and Rams have already done some business recently with the Jason Smith for Wayne Hunter deal this past season, perhaps the bridge to facilitate a trade has already been built. Sure, that was under former general manager Mike Tannenbaumís direction, but the teams are already familiar with one another at least.

Statistically, adding Revis would clearly help a secondary that ranked 23rd in the NFL in first downs allowed through the air. In terms of pass defense, the Rams were ranked 15th in the league while their NFC West counterparts in the San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, and even the lowly Arizona Cardinals ranked in the top six in that category.

Given the plethora of picks that the Rams still have in their back pocket from the Robert Griffin III deal from the Washington Redskins, they have plenty of flexibility in terms of trade value to offer in exchange for Revis. This team could quickly help its secondary leap frog the rest of their division with just one move.

Even if Finnegan remains with the Rams, adding Revis would give them a trio of terrific corners in a primarily pass-happy league. A team can never have too many high-quality corners and the Rams would certainly benefit from the addition of Revis.

GM Les Snead has already shown he isnít afraid to make deals and this Rams team showed a great deal of improvement in less than a year under his direction. If he wants to take this team to the next level and make them contenders immediately, putting together a package to land Revis would be a great place to start.

Follow Anthony Blake on Twitter @AnthonyMBlake or on Facebook at Anthony Mizarkus Blake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/0...zae016ovI5v.99
    If the Jets do trade Revis, the Rams would be one of the few teams I would consider trading him because he is out of the AFC and StL has plenty of picks thanks to Washington. Also, StL is picking pretty high in the draft. If this season, we can address some key positions, not QB with the extra picks.

Trade Jets name and logo to...Revis Islanders.

This will be necessary after caving in to unprecedented mega contract given to Revis. It will be a a way of recouping some needed cash to run the football operation. Revenue $$$aring with Revis Indusries

Jets can receive sorley needed cash in with...

Revis sneakers...

Revis T-Shirts...and new uniform design would look like this...

Plus a $$$hare of lucrative Revis Island TV Show...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Trade Jets name and logo to...Revis Islanders.

This will be necessary after caving in to unprecedented mega contract given to Revis. It will be a a way of recouping some needed cash to run the football operation. Revenue $$$aring with Revis Indusries

Jets can receive sorley needed cash in with...

Revis sneakers...

Revis T-Shirts...and new uniform design would look like this...

Plus a $$$hare of lucrative Revis Island TV Show...

Link?

Love that gif. Used to think it was fake because I never thought Mr. Rogers would ever flip the bird in his private life, let alone on TV. Then once I saw the clip, it all made sense.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    If the Jets do trade Revis, the Rams would be one of the few teams I would consider trading him because he is out of the AFC and StL has plenty of picks thanks to Washington. Also, StL is picking pretty high in the draft. If this season, we can address some key positions, not QB with the extra picks.
    If there was any team Revis would be one and done with, it'd be the Rams. He fancies himself a superstar - when he can play anywhere, I doubt he'd want to be in St. Louis. Of course, if they pay him the $85 mil over 6 years, perhaps he'll reconsider.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Love that gif. Used to think it was fake because I never thought Mr. Rogers would ever flip the bird in his private life, let alone on TV. Then once I saw the clip, it all made sense.
    He actually gave the double bird!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    He actually gave the double bird!

Did you just 1-up me?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If there was any team Revis would be one and done with, it'd be the Rams. He fancies himself a superstar - when he can play anywhere, I doubt he'd want to be in St. Louis. Of course, if they pay him the $85 mil over 6 years, perhaps he'll reconsider.
    We stopped at St Louis on our way to Arizona in Oct. I was very impressed with the downtown area. You can walk to a game from your apt etc. Very comfortable place where they have everything you'd want in a city but are 15 minutes from the rural life also. With a big contract he'd be a king there.

Hall Of Fame
    Me and a raiders buddy of mine we're talking. We came up with this;

Revis for Rolondo McClain and their first pick.

ehh?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    We stopped at St Louis on our way to Arizona in Oct. I was very impressed with the downtown area. You can walk to a game from your apt etc. Very comfortable place where they have everything you'd want in a city but are 15 minutes from the rural life also. With a big contract he'd be a king there.
    Well, I guess he'd go where the money is. I wouldn't have thought that Mario Williams would want to spend the next 6 years in Buffalo, but they were willing to pay him, so he went.

Revis, to me, seems like he wants to be somewhere where the action is. He started with the rap thing, views himself as a transcedent super star where the typical rules don't apply to him. JMO, but if he had his druthers, he'd want to be somewhere more high profile.

Wasn't meant to be a knock on St. Louis - I've heard good things. And the cost of living beats the **** out of where we're from!

Jets Insider VIP
    Did you just 1-up me?
    If that has a sexual connotation, then no.