Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mo's Post Senior Bowl Mock Draft

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Who's going to throw him the ball. Who's going to block so who we don't have to throw him the ball . The last thing the Jets need is Larry Fitzgerald when all they have to throw him the Ball is who again.
    this is not an excuse for avoiding drafting playmakers in the first round. someone will be throwing him the ball. even if it's sanchez, he's going to catch passes. braylon can, holmes can, keller always did and so would patterson. the jets can find serviceable linemen, especially a guard, in the later rounds. there isn't a right tackle worth taking in the first round and if they take warmack, they clearly haven't been watching the 2012/13 nfl playoffs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    I like it. Replace Stephen Taylor with Giovani Bernard and I am in!
    No Thanx bc Jets already have Powell&McKnight who r the same as BERNARD 5'9 205

Powell - 5'10 205

McKnight - 5'11 205

Give me a BRUISER like Taylor, Lacy, Michael, Lattimore, or BALL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    No Thanx bc Jets already have Powell&McKnight who r the same as BERNARD 5'9 205

Powell - 5'10 205

McKnight - 5'11 205

Give me a BRUISER like Taylor, Lacy, Michael, Lattimore, or BALL.
    1) Benard is 10x the talent either McKnight or Powell are. It's not even comparable

2) McKnight will probably be a cap causualty ad the Jets can save close to a million dollars IIRC

3) Marty Mornhinwig is our offensive coornator.... no more need for bruising backs.

4) The bruisng style run game is almost all but extict from winning teams. In five short years, just like the concept of statue-esque pocket passers will be moved on from, so will the three yards and a cloud of dust offense

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    this is not an excuse for avoiding drafting playmakers in the first round. someone will be throwing him the ball. even if it's sanchez, he's going to catch passes. braylon can, holmes can, keller always did and so would patterson. the jets can find serviceable linemen, especially a guard, in the later rounds. there isn't a right tackle worth taking in the first round and if they take warmack, they clearly haven't been watching the 2012/13 nfl playoffs.
    What round was wayne chrebet drafted. What round was Arian Foster drafted. What round was Pierre Garcon drafted. What round was Victor Cruz drafted.

What the Jets do is what they do and it's not going to make me stop being a fan of this team. This what i post is the way i build a team in the salary cap era, if i were a GM of a franchise. I spend money on positions that are important to the ultimate success of the team and fill in around themThe more premium position player i have, the least cap money i have to spend on the supporting cast which is what Wr, TE, Safeties and the other bit players are.

When u spend a 1st round pick on a player you are bpicking someone who will be around for 10 years hopefully. most contracts for rookies are 4 yrs, so if this player works out you now have to pay this player a huge cap hit or u wasted a 1st round talent. If this player works out, his rookie contract doesn't even reach the 4th year before you have to redo the contract.

Why would i give this type of money to someone who needs someone else to get him involved in the game. The salary cap era requires different thinking , and the new CBA doesn't excuse this.
    Last edited by Tinstar; 01-28-2013 at 02:52 PM.