Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 95

Thread: nfc - afc pro bowl

  1. #61
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,584
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Good girl.

    SAR I
    GFY

  2. #62
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,584
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Brian McKnight.
    Thanks!

  3. #63
    Wilson is ridiculously good. This kid is a star. League better watch out

  4. #64
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    You're kidding, right?

    Please tell me you're trolling and I'm having such a mental lapse that I can't see the most obvious thing in front of my face.

    Collinsworth was dead wrong about that call and has been widely criticized for it. You only need a pair of eyes to see that Moore wasn't pushed back a quarter of an inch. Sanchez inexplicably ran right into a stationary object.
    Not trolling, that's how I saw it, still do. Finding that photo tonight really clarified things, but looking at the video from the NBC broadcast with all the different views and Collinsworth's commentary is what I've felt all along. As far as "widely criticized", I only see that in this discussion forum from fans who want to pin all our woes on the QB.

    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    My take on it was that Wilfork (to his credit) saw Mark scrambling up and gave an extra burst that culminated in exactly what you describe.

    As goofy as that appeared, I dont consider that Marks fault like I would his low throws into linemen, etc.

    Just one of those things, more likely Wilforks vision and experience paying off in a memorable way.

    -
    Yeah, that's how I see it. If you look at the NBC footage and then many of the GIF's out there, you can see Wilfork just torque Moore around, pick him up, and stuff him towards Sanchez. Mark knew the play was busted, decided to scramble forward, and tried to slide. As you say, I'm sure Wilfork's peripheral vision saw Mark coming and he gave Moore a forearm shiver and that's that.

    SAR I

  5. #65
    Cro with 2 straight miscues...

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Cro with 2 straight miscues...
    so what............. its the joke bowl...........no wait lets cut cro he screwed up in the pro-bowl.

  7. #67
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,619
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Not trolling, that's how I saw it, still do. Finding that photo tonight really clarified things, but looking at the video from the NBC broadcast with all the different views and Collinsworth's commentary is what I've felt all along. As far as "widely criticized", I only see that in this discussion forum from fans who want to pin all our woes on the QB.



    Yeah, that's how I see it. If you look at the NBC footage and then many of the GIF's out there, you can see Wilfork just torque Moore around, pick him up, and stuff him towards Sanchez. Mark knew the play was busted, decided to scramble forward, and tried to slide. As you say, I'm sure Wilfork's peripheral vision saw Mark coming and he gave Moore a forearm shiver and that's that.

    SAR I
    In the photo, the reason Moore's left leg is in the air and he's leaning backwards is because Sanchez already hit him from behind; in effect, Sanchez took out his legs. Not because Wilfork threw him backwards. Honestly it's as clear as day.

  8. #68
    cro just saves a td covering cruz.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    In the photo, the reason Moore's left leg is in the air and he's leaning backwards is because Sanchez already hit him from behind; in effect, Sanchez took out his legs. Not because Wilfork threw him backwards. Honestly it's as clear as day.
    Only if you have eyes.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    so what............. its the joke bowl...........no wait lets cut cro he screwed up in the pro-bowl.
    You're right...I guess I'm extra sensitive to all the Jet hate from around the country...dont wanna give em any chances to criticize us or mock us anymore than already have

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    In the photo, the reason Moore's left leg is in the air and he's leaning backwards is because Sanchez already hit him from behind; in effect, Sanchez took out his legs. Not because Wilfork threw him backwards. Honestly it's as clear as day.
    Dead on

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark knew the play was busted

    SAR I
    This line made me LOL. Of course he "knew" the play was busted, he was the reason it was busted. He admitted in his postgame comments that he forgot the play.

    I don't even think Sanchez's family would defend him to this level, classic SAR

  13. #73
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,584
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Wilson is ridiculously good. This kid is a star. League better watch out
    &He looks better than Luck, I'd say.

  14. #74
    If you are watching this game , you are getting a preview of actual NFL games of the future. Offensive exhibition ... Flag football. Sad.

  15. #75
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    In the photo, the reason Moore's left leg is in the air and he's leaning backwards is because Sanchez already hit him from behind; in effect, Sanchez took out his legs. Not because Wilfork threw him backwards. Honestly it's as clear as day.


    Do this for me. Ignore all the noise in this gif and focus only on these elements:

    1. Watch Wilfork's shoulders 5 times.

    2. Watch Moore's buttocks 5 times.

    3. Watch Moore's left foot 5 times.

    What you will see is that before Mark Sanchez makes contact and fumbles:

    1. Wilfork's shoulders have violently torqued and rotated 40 degrees and he is pushing and lifting Moore.

    2. Moore's belt-line and buttocks are moving back, towards the right, and violently upwards as Wilfork is just abusing him, jacking him up-and-over and into Sanchez.

    3. Moore's left foot has come 4-6 inches off the ground as a result of Wilfork's torquing him. Losing balance so much that his right foot does a little 'hop' to re-plant and regain balance as he's sliding backwards and rightwards.

    It's not like Moore was just standing there and Sanchez plowed into him. Moore was being violently shoved back and sideways right into Mark's path.

    SAR I

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    Do this for me. Ignore all the noise in this gif and focus only on these elements:

    1. Watch Wilfork's shoulders 5 times.

    2. Watch Moore's buttocks 5 times.

    3. Watch Moore's left foot 5 times.

    What you will see is that before Mark Sanchez makes contact and fumbles:

    1. Wilfork's shoulders have violently torqued and rotated 40 degrees and he is pushing and lifting Moore.

    2. Moore's belt-line and buttocks are moving back, towards the right, and violently upwards as Wilfork is just abusing him, jacking him up-and-over and into Sanchez.

    3. Moore's left foot has come 4-6 inches off the ground as a result of Wilfork's torquing him. Losing balance so much that his right foot does a little 'hop' to re-plant and regain balance as he's sliding backwards and rightwards.

    It's not like Moore was just standing there and Sanchez plowed into him. Moore was being violently shoved back and sideways right into Mark's path.

    SAR I
    Even if any of this is true (which it's not), the whole thing happened in the first place because Sanchez forgot what the play was, you cretan!!!!!

  17. #77
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Even if any of this is true (which it's not), the whole thing happened in the first place because Sanchez forgot what the play was, you cretan!!!!!
    There is no question that Mark made a mistake, just as I'm certain every one of our 22 starters forgot a play during our spectacular 6-10 season.

    And if you can stare at Moore and Wilfork before Sanchez makes contact and not see that Moore is being thrust into Mark's path, I don't know what to tell you, get corrective lenses.

    The fact is, this "Buttfumble" shouldn't be pinned on Mr. Sanchez when it was Mr. Moore's fault.

    SAR I

  18. #78
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Even if any of this is true (which it's not), the whole thing happened in the first place because Sanchez forgot what the play was, you cretan!!!!!
    You need to calm down with the name calling. You seem very excitable.

    -

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    You need to calm down with the name calling. You seem very excitable.

    -
    I'm very calm, and not excited at all, mate. SAR called me a gum- swallower, so I figger I get to reply to him in kind.

    But, in all seriousness, SAR is either ridiculously thick about this Sanchez thing, or he really is just trolling the hell out of people with his "schtick." But he sticks to the script so closely that it is kind of hard to tell whether he's being serious or not...

  20. #80
    Seen the gifs and videos countless times. While it is true that Moore got pushed back, he didn't get pushed back nearly as much nor as violently as some would have you think. He barely moved at all. If he hadn't of moved at all, Mark would still have been running right into him.

    If you see otherwise, you're clearly blind. Sorry, but that's all there is to it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us