Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Idzik on Boomer n Carton

Veteran

Idzik on Boomer n Carton

Right now

agressive energetic hard working football team is what he promises, we shall see.

Lets now have 7 pages analyzing every word that Idzik said...

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Well.......
    What would you like to talk about then on this fine morning?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I'll take the over. Sar alone will take 7 pgs

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Well.......
    another revis thread of course.

Veteran
    The most telling answer he gave was to a question by Carton:

Question:

(Paraphrasing) Are you comfortable with having Mark Sanchez as the QB of the Jets for next year?

Answer from Idzik:

(Paraphrasing) I am comfortable with Mark being a Jet but we will bring in competition and I told Mark that.

I think these interviews are pretty useless as you never get any real information.

But, I did find it interesting that he didn't give Wrecks a definitive yes when asked by Carton if HE would hire him as the coach. I think he'll kill him after this season.

carton is a dick and boomer hates the jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Well.......
    I just find it pointless to try and determine what direction the team will take based off radio interviews in which the new GM will never let you in on what is really going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    +2 those 2 are unlistenable

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Boomer doesn't hate the Jets, but he is more than willing to join the rest of us and criticize their absurdity, and sometimes abject stupidity. Straight shooter.

As for Carton.... +1. Major dick with an extremely irritating voice. Whoever let him inside a radio studio should be shot.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Boomer doesn't hate the Jets, but he is more than willing to join the rest of us and criticize their absurdity, and sometimes abject stupidity. Straight shooter.

As for Carton.... +1. Major dick with an extremely irritating voice. Whoever let him inside a radio studio should be shot.
    Agreed. I find Carton one of the most irritating personalities on radio. Stopped listening to that show years ago.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post

Boomer is the same guy that said Pete Carroll was too cerebral and that Rich Kotite was going to bring more physicality to the team back in 1995. I guess he forgot he said that. lol

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    The most telling answer he gave was to a question by Carton:

Question:

(Paraphrasing) Are you comfortable with having Mark Sanchez as the QB of the Jets for next year?

Answer from Idzik:

(Paraphrasing) I am comfortable with Mark being a Jet but we will bring in competition and I told Mark that.
    Kind of confirms what Idzik's body language said when he was answering a question about Sanchez's future during his welcome press conference. Sanchez's days as the Jets' starter are over - Idzik will bring in someone else to start, and Sanchez will very likely be off the team by 2014 at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Agreed. I find Carton one of the most irritating personalities on radio. Stopped listening to that show years ago.
    Like this morning when he promoted the upcoming Idzik segment by saying "Johnny" Idzik would be coming up. I could have punched that douche in the face.

I still listen driving my wife to the station in the morning. It's either these two jerkoffs or the truly unlistenable program, "Mike & Mike". God Lord, who put those two dullards on the air?

Also, if anyone who could be loosely called a "producer" from that POS radio show is reading this post: Stop playing the mother f**king Tone Loc tune ("Funky Cold Medina") every time you have a Mike Woodson sound bite. It was funny the first 620,000 times you employed this lame joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
    Boomer is the same guy that said Pete Carroll was too cerebral and that Rich Kotite was going to bring more physicality to the team back in 1995. I guess he forgot he said that. lol
    "Carl", nice to see you.

Hall Of Fame
    Here were the most important exchanges. I am paraphrasing a little.

Carton: If you didn't have a HC, would you hire Rex as a HC?
    Idzik: Rex has extraordinary traits. I think you got to . . . yeah absolutely you'd want a guy like Rex.

Carton: As of right now are you comfortable with Sanchez being the QB of the NYJ?
    Idzik: I'm comfortable with Mark being a Jet. And I told him (Mark) that we are going to add competition.

IMO he was very non-committal. And I am glad about that. Give Carton credit for asking direct questions.

Hall Of Fame
    Tanny will be on with B&C Wednesday, in person.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Tanny will be on with B&C Wednesday, in person.
    Think he's promoting a new weight/hair loss regimen.

that music sucks.