Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Idzik on Boomer n Carton

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Think he's promoting a new weight/hair loss regimen.
    LOL.

I know Tanny isn't going to say anything bad about Rex but it will be fun to see his body language. I am sure they are going to try to get something out of him. I will be setting my DVR.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    carton is a dick and boomer hates the jets.
    So do we.

Boomer and Carton are better than anything they put on ESPN Radio and better than the Fat Man. Mike and Mike are totally unwatch-listenable.

But the show is definitely geared towards a younger 18-40 crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL.

I know Tanny isn't going to say anything bad about Rex but it will be fun to see his body language. I am sure they are going to try to get something out of him. I will be setting my DVR.
    Tanny makes Mangini appear loquacious.

Get ready for a Jet bashing today by the fatman, you know he's pissed Idzik went on with B&C and won't go on with him.

Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    Get ready for a Jet bashing today by the fatman, you know he's pissed Idzik went on with B&C and won't go on with him.
    I can't even begin to imagine all the Diet Cokes (labels removed) Mike will quaff just trying to keep his throat lubricated from all the screaming.

Banned
    Yup, everyone hates the Jets.

I can't even begin to imagine all the Diet Cokes (labels removed) Mike will quaff just trying to keep his throat lubricated from all the screaming.
    haaa! nailed it

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    I bet B&C eat it up too, as they rip the Fatman any chance they get but do it in a more subtle way as he is on the same station.

Carton's voice is worse than Cris Collinsworth and Joe Buck combined.

I'd rather have dental work than listen to that show.

And I love how Boomer pretends to be your average douche from Long Island.

That show sucks.

At least Greenberg is a true Jets fan. And that show sucks too.

As an aside:

Anybody hoping Idzik admits to tanking this season before it starts is kinda delusional.

What are you expecting this guy to say?

"We have to cut most of our starters, are stuck with a lame duck head coach, and we will barely be able to afford our rookies so we're going to move forward and pretend the 2013 season never happened."

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Carton's voice is worse than Cris Collinsworth and Joe Buck combined.

I'd rather have dental work than listen to that show.

And I love how Boomer pretends to be your average douche from Long Island.

That show sucks.

At least Greenberg is a true Jets fan. And that show sucks too.

As an aside:

Anybody hoping Idzik admits to tanking this season before it starts is kinda delusional.

What are you expecting this guy to say?

"We have to cut most of our starters, are stuck with a lame duck head coach, and we will barely be able to afford our rookies so we're going to move forward and pretend the 2013 season never happened."
    Sadly, they're probably the best option (non satellite) in the a.m. but Carton just comes off as a wannabe and completely not sincere and "real"

Jets Insider VIP
    I won opening day Yankee tickets, I think it was back in 2008. Mad Dog was still there. I went to pick up the tickets in the old Astoria basement studio, The security guard told me to take the elevator down.

I get into the WFAN offices and it's just before the M & the MD show was going to come on. Mad Dog was there and he was nice enough and said hello. I get the tickets and I walk back to the elevator and the doors open and there is Mike with a big soda, like a big gulp, in his hand. He was huffing and puffing like he had just run the NYC marathon.

I couldn't help myself and I just started laughing. Imagine if the fat bastard had taken the stairs?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    This guy better be better than he sounds.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I won opening day Yankee tickets, I think it was back in 2008. Mad Dog was still there. I went to pick up the tickets in the old Astoria basement studio, The security guard told me to take the elevator down.

I get into the WFAN offices and it's just before the M & the MD show was going to come on. Mad Dog was there and he was nice enough and said hello. I get the tickets and I walk back to the elevator and the doors open and there is Mike with a big soda, like a big gulp, in his hand. He was huffing and puffing like he had just run the NYC marathon.

I couldn't help myself and I just started laughing. Imagine if the fat bastard had taken the stairs?
    I met Mike once. It was a Subway Series game in 2008, the game where Delgado had a million RBIs. He was sitting with his producers directly behind me. I have to say he was a complete gentleman. I chatted with them throughout the first few innings about the Jets and Yanks. He took a pic with my cousin. Once the game got out of hand some of the fans started heckling him and his producers pretty bad, I am talking some pretty mean, vulgar stuff. They never acknowledged it. When they left he tapped me on the shoulder, said goodbye and wished me luck with the Jets (go figure).

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post

LOL imagining Mike exiting the stairwell. Mike must have still been a behemoth in 2008.

Think he's promoting a new weight/hair loss regimen.
    @JeaneCoakley: So I'm covering the #rangers and former #jets GM Mike Tannenbaum is here watching practice. I can't escape!

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Kind of confirms what Idzik's body language said when he was answering a question about Sanchez's future during his welcome press conference. Sanchez's days as the Jets' starter are over - Idzik will bring in someone else to start, and Sanchez will very likely be off the team by 2014 at the latest.

Just want to point out that they brought Flynn into Seattle to start too.

Crazy things can happen, but the Jets have to open the slot up, and that is the correct approach since Sanchez has soiled the bed for so long now.

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Agreed. I find Carton one of the most irritating personalities on radio. Stopped listening to that show years ago.
    I stopped too. Carton is the worst radio personality on that station and it's not even close (Yes, I would rather listen to Francessa)

I'm a Mike and Mike guy now (it's not great but it's not Carton)

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @JeaneCoakley: So I'm covering the #rangers and former #jets GM Mike Tannenbaum is here watching practice. I can't escape!
    LOL. After all those shots of Vanessa I gifted you, no image of my sweetheart Jeane?

@adbrandt: 3/12. RT @Jason_Galvin When does the new league year start?