Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This is the guy I'd pick with the 9th overall...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He is indeed rated in the top 5 however that can always change, after the senior bowl there is often a shuffling and after the combine there is always a shuffling. I would have no problem with that pick at 9.
    Ansah is a player that's going to benefit from his dominating Senior Bowl performance...and land somewhere in the 1st round. I've been breaking down his game...and put up pics on one whole play in the draft board in the Ansah thread.

Here's a sample of his play...

Ansah (#47) strip sacks the QB...

Ansah on the blue line. Penetrates LOS, sheds blocker and tackles RB for no gain...

QB pitch to RB (#28) for a far side sweep. Ansah (#47) starts pursuit from his near side DE position...

RB turned upfield...but Ansah closed and tackled him from behind...

In middle of screen...Ansah breaks up screen pass with deflection. You can see RB behind Ansah...waiting for the ball.

Ansah is raw exceptional athlete. And he's going to be a freakin Beast. He will be drafted somewhere in the 1st round. IMO...he's going to be special.
    Last edited by GreenReaper; 01-28-2013 at 06:07 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Ansah is a player that's going to benefit from his dominating Senior Bowl performance...and land somewhere in the 1st round. I've been breaking down his game...and put up pics on one whole play in the draft board in the Ansah thread.

Ansah is raw exceptional athlete. And he's going to be a freakin Beast. He will be drafted somewhere in the 1st round. IMO...he's going to be special.
    Ansah's stock reminds me of Coples last year. Coming into this year people expected a ton from him (like Coples), but he dissapointed (for whatever reason) but showed his true ability in the senior bowl.

Whoever gets Ansah will be very happy. The guy is a beast.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    We still need a guy to clog up the middle...our run defense was awful last year.
    Damon Harrison! Remember the name!

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Damon Harrison! Remember the name!
    Stieny? Is that you?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If one of the big names does fall to #9, for whatever reason, I hope we at least entertain trade offers ... someone falling is the best way to grow the value of your own pick.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    If one of the big names does fall to #9, for whatever reason, I hope we at least entertain trade offers ... someone falling is the best way to grow the value of your own pick.
    So you are saying we need a few teams to employ the NY JETS draft strategy.

That is, take a relative unknown when the beast is available.

Kyle Brady, KOB, shall I continue?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    So you are saying we need a few teams to employ the NY JETS draft strategy.

That is, take a relative unknown when the beast is available.

Kyle Brady, KOB, shall I continue?
    What I'm saying is if we can turn our #1 pick into a lower #1 and a #2 or #3, we should consider it. One beast vs. two solid performers ... when you have a lot of gaps to fill, the latter can be a more prudent strategy.

For the same discussion, dip into any of the Revis threads ... lots of demanding to trade "the beast" so we can get more draft picks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just what we need, another interior lineman!

He'll be taken in the Top 5 or 6.

The ninth pick needs to be used on an 34 OLB/43 DE (Jones, Moore, Ansah?? -- Just say no to Mingo), FS (Vaccaro) or OL (Warmack, Fisher). Nothing else. There's no QB, RB, WR or TE worth taking at 9.
    Last edited by 124; 01-29-2013 at 08:37 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    he is a freak. everyone here should watch the highlights and then post whether they want to take him or mingo. or warmack.
    Moore, Cordarelle Patterson or Giovanni Bernard. The Jets need a difference maker who can make an early and dynamic contribution to the team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    On one hand I think he will be very good on the other the front 3 is just not a priority in this draft for us. Rex would do it but I actually hope he is off the board. All it would really do for us this year is replace Pouha who we'd then have to cut. I'd rather fill a whole then have to create anther one. I'd also have no issues with giving Ellis a 2nd year as a starter. He really didn't look bad this year and was sort of just thrown into the role. If we draft a NT it can be in a late round IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I saw that and Laugh. If that were to happen it would be hard to pass him up, but with 3 NTs already on the team and only 2 OLmen from last season's starting unit signed, i might be tempted to go in another direction.
    Its a great website Tinstar....they refresh picks every two weeks, all computer generated. Very interesting stuff on that sight.
    As for the pick itself....I get it. This guy is going to be a star, and what a unit we would have! On the other hand, I think the greater value for the Jets, if he was to ever slip that far, would be in a trade down scenario. There would be some teams lining up to have a crack at drafting this kid.
    All that said, I agree with TX.......I think he goes in the top 5.