Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is the guy I'd pick with the 9th overall...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Got to love when someone starts a thread saying they want a top 5 player....at 9.

I wanted Luck last year with our 1st....
    Why not?

Plenty of players have slipped before, usually due to head-scratching picks made by teams in front. Its doubtful, but still a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    We still need a guy to clog up the middle...our run defense was awful last year.
    Agree, although our run defense was worse on the outsides. Just don't agree with using a top 10 pick on a 2 down player.

i'd be furious if they used a top 10 pick on a guard. or a defensive lineman. the jets need guys who can score. this draft is a great opportunity to draft guys who can score. on offense.

Agreed...I really like Warmack too...he would step right in for Moore. His bust potential is very small too.

Probably the best way to go at 9. Jets will need a guard very soon, if not now.

Itís possible Star could be there, but very unlikely. Same with Jones. Mingo just reminds me to much of Maybin, think there is a bust factor there the Jets canít gamble on.

Itís hard to take an OG at 9, but Warmack will be a player at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Agree, although our run defense was worse on the outsides. Just don't agree with using a top 10 pick on a 2 down player.
    Well is he actually 2 down player? He is pretty quick and can get to the QB.
    I would hate to miss out on a Ngata type player.

But you do make a valid point about shoring the outside D. I just think Mingo would be a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i'd be furious if they used a top 10 pick on a guard. or a defensive lineman. the jets need guys who can score. this draft is a great opportunity to draft guys who can score. on offense.
    Which offensive player would you go with at 9?

Which offensive player would you go with at 9?
    maybe keenan allen. i think cordarelle patterson is a gem. insane athlete. a bigger percy harvin. he's exactly the type of person i watch scoring for other teams every week.

Usually I would hate to pick at 9 but this is an awesome draft to be where the Jets are, especially if a few QBs get picked ahead of us.
    If we trade Revis or Cro, their chances of getting a blue chip OLB or Olineman (Warmack) + a blue chip offensive player are high.
    I'm hoping the Jets can trade Revis for a #1 & a player, maybe a LB & get young in a hurry!

All Pro
    If we take another interior defensive lineman im gonna throw my Jets mug into my TV.......

And then make a thread about it

Only because your brilliant you never heard of players falling because of the combine or because another player has risen up the boards?

Andrew Luck...that was funny! Don't insult my intelligence. That was a real dumb comparison.
    Normally the top DT does not fall, Warren Sapp did for smoking pot but that was almost 20 years ago.But this guy is ranked top 5 everywhere not just by some guys and not others. However this year he may drop. Detroit, Arizona, Philly, and Buffalo seem to be all set at DT....This would be an ideal situation for the jets as he probably has the most value in any trade down situation. But that also holds for the Bills

Quote Originally Posted by flgreen View Post
    Probably the best way to go at 9. Jets will need a guard very soon, if not now.

Itís possible Star could be there, but very unlikely. Same with Jones. Mingo just reminds me to much of Maybin, think there is a bust factor there the Jets canít gamble on.

Itís hard to take an OG at 9, but Warmack will be a player at the next level.
    A player? If taken at 9 he better be a pro bowler from year 1 till year 10.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    If we take another interior defensive lineman im gonna throw my Jets mug into my TV.......

And then make a thread about it
    Yeah you can't sell me on d-tackle at #9. Our d-line is pretty good right now and very promising with Wilk and Coples. Only position on D I could stomach at #9 would be a pass rusher. Otherwise, the offense should be upgraded (to the extent possible at #9).

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Warmack is supposedly the best guard prospect in many years, maybe one of the best ever. Probably one of the safer guys you could take. However, taking a guard at #9 is not very sexy and many fans will not be pleased if that is Idzik's first ever draft pick.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Are you saying that because of the player or the position that he plays?

Moore or Mingo. That is all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Warmack is supposedly the best guard prospect in many years, maybe one of the best ever. Probably one of the safer guys you could take. However, taking a guard at #9 is not very sexy and many fans will not be pleased if that is Idzik's first ever draft pick.
    Jets fans laughed their ass off when the Pats took Logan Mankins in the 1st round.

Granted, it was a lower 1st round pick, but it has worked out very well.

Nothing wrong with taking a guard in the 1st round.

All Pro
    Funny you should suggest such a thing

http://www.drafttek.com/2013-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

Hall Of Fame
    I have seen some mocks with him going anywhere from 3rd overall to 10th. Most of them seem to have him going to the Raiders. I wouldn't be surprised if some team have him graded as the best player in the draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Since St. Louis has a ton of high draft picks over the next 2 years, this would be my ideal scenario:

Trade Revis to St. Louis for the 16th overall pick.

#9: OLB Barkevious Mingo - LSU

#16: OG Chance Warmack - Alabama
    Last edited by Untouchable; 01-28-2013 at 11:57 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Funny you should suggest such a thing

http://www.drafttek.com/2013-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp
    I saw that and Laugh. If that were to happen it would be hard to pass him up, but with 3 NTs already on the team and only 2 OLmen from last season's starting unit signed, i might be tempted to go in another direction.