Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71

Thread: This is the guy I'd pick with the 9th overall...

  1. #1

    This is the guy I'd pick with the 9th overall...

    http://youtu.be/54uW6vlvd7k

    Star Latulelei

    I was watching his tape. This guys is a monster in the middle. We need to consider a replacement for Pouha who was subpar last year and Ellis is still raw. Plugging this guy in the middle with Coples and Wilkerson would shore up a blue chip line for years to come.

    He is strong enough to play a 3-4 nose and can play in the middle of a 4-3. He is also deceptively quick and can get to the backfield...he had 5 sacks last year.

    IMO this is the guy I'd pick then I would address my offense with a playmaking runningback in the 2nd and a QB in the 3rd.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    He will be a top 5 pick.

  3. #3

    where were you............

    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    http://youtu.be/54uW6vlvd7k

    Star Latulelei

    I was watching his tape. This guys is a monster in the middle. We need to consider a replacement for Pouha who was subpar last year and Ellis is still raw. Plugging this guy in the middle with Coples and Wilkerson would shore up a blue chip line for years to come.

    He is strong enough to play a 3-4 nose and can play in the middle of a 4-3. He is also deceptively quick and can get to the backfield...he had 5 sacks last year.

    IMO this is the guy I'd pick then I would address my offense with a playmaking runningback in the 2nd and a QB in the 3rd.
    weve already had this discussion, I and many on this site agree with you 100% I would get him as well, this draft might not go as people may think and this kid might fall to them at 9

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    He will be a top 5 pick.
    This and I think we have more pressing needs at LB and there are a few really good looking LBers in this draft.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,279
    Draft Countdown has him going #3. We'd have to trade up and are not in a position to do so.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,394
    Don't think he will be there at 9. Take the best pass-rushing OLB, the best Olineman or trade down to add picks.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Got to love when someone starts a thread saying they want a top 5 player....at 9.

    I wanted Luck last year with our 1st....

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    1,115
    Agreed that he will be long gone by 9. I want warmack - hands down!

  9. #9
    He is indeed rated in the top 5 however that can always change, after the senior bowl there is often a shuffling and after the combine there is always a shuffling. I would have no problem with that pick at 9.

  10. #10
    Interior d-lineman in the 1st round would be a tough sell after going DL in the 1st round in 2010 and 2011

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Got to love when someone starts a thread saying they want a top 5 player....at 9.

    I wanted Luck last year with our 1st....
    Because you can predict where every player goes and at what pick...right?

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Because you can predict where every player goes and at what pick...right?
    Top 5 picks?

    Yeah, usually you can.

    And if a player thought of as the 3rd best player in the draft falls to 9 we would want him, right? A no brainer? Kind of my point.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    Agreed that he will be long gone by 9. I want warmack - hands down!
    Agreed...I really like Warmack too...he would step right in for Moore. His bust potential is very small too.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Top 5 picks?

    Yeah, usually you can.

    And if he falls, we would want him right? A no brainer? Kind of my point.
    Only because your brilliant you never heard of players falling because of the combine or because another player has risen up the boards?

    Andrew Luck...that was funny! Don't insult my intelligence. That was a real dumb comparison.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Only because your brilliant you never heard of players falling because of the combine or because another player has risen up the boards?

    Andrew Luck...that was funny! Don't insult my intelligence. That was a real dumb comparison.
    Dumb? Only if youre touchy and didn't like the goof.

    1st pick or 3rd, nice that you get to decide which falling to 9, 6 or 8 spots depending on the player is and insult.

    Lighten up Francis....

    And it's you're brilliant, your brilliant isn't brilliant at all...

  16. #16
    Here's one man's opinion. The qb's, as usual, will hold the key. This would be a sweet position for the Jets.

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...content_stream

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Dumb? Only if youre touchy and didn't like the goof.

    1st pick or 3rd, nice that you get to decide which falling to 9, 6 or 8 spots depending on the player is and insult.

    Lighten up Francis....

    And it's you're brilliant, your brilliant isn't brilliant at all...
    Whatever Pee-wee...

  18. #18
    As we've seen, it's never a guarantee that a player goes top 5. Especially a guy who has to prove he can pass rush. Nobody wants a 2 down player that early in the draft, and he doesn't do much for us considering Coples and Wilkerson are going to be rushing the passer from the middle as well on passing downs.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    As we've seen, it's never a guarantee that a player goes top 5. Especially a guy who has to prove he can pass rush. Nobody wants a 2 down player that early in the draft, and he doesn't do much for us considering Coples and Wilkerson are going to be rushing the passer from the middle as well on passing downs.
    We still need a guy to clog up the middle...our run defense was awful last year.

  20. #20
    If we pick a guard at 9 this dude better be a pro bowler from year 1 till year 10 and had better to be able to not only be a great run blocker but be a fantastic pass blocker as well. It would be terrible if the board fell that way for us and we missed out on one of the olb/De's.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us