Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: I think if anyone needs to be traded it should be Cromartie...

  1. #1
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    265

    I think if anyone needs to be traded it should be Cromartie...

    Not that I don't like the guy but if you have to dump someone you don't dump the leader and face of the team!!!! Besides Revis is a better CB anyway. SO give him the money he needs and you trade Cromartie coming off a pro bowl season. You then get Wilson in there and we are better than we were at DB from last year.
    I still don't understand why the Jets shoot themseleves in the foot, why would you leak that out about your star player. Even if it is true you keep in under wraps until you can't get a deal then you say OK then we trade you. It makes revis look bad showing he didn't want to be here.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Pez View Post
    Not that I don't like the guy but if you have to dump someone you don't dump the leader and face of the team!!!! Besides Revis is a better CB anyway. SO give him the money he needs and you trade Cromartie coming off a pro bowl season. You then get Wilson in there and we are better than we were at DB from last year.
    I still don't understand why the Jets shoot themseleves in the foot, why would you leak that out about your star player. Even if it is true you keep in under wraps until you can't get a deal then you say OK then we trade you. It makes revis look bad showing he didn't want to be here.
    The only issue is that you would be trading away a healthier player hoping that Revis is healthy. A little risky but I would def do it. I also heard that the cap hit would be bigger if we traded Revs.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,695
    Our Defense played pretty good with Cromartie in 2012 without Revis. Going foward Revis will get immediate trade action and get us a Number 1 draft pick. Cromartie won't IMO. Revis takes up too much of the Cap and Cromartie doesn't.

    Cromartie played kickoff and punt returner when asked too. He volunteer to be a WR and play both sides of the ball. He stepped up his leadership by being vocal when we were down. I like the guy.

    My vote is to trade Revis.

  4. #4
    Keeping Revis over Cromartie is based on sentimentality.

    No CB is worth being the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.

    It's not hard to understand. Especially one coming off ACL surgery.

    If Revis is HALF A STEP SLOWER, Cro is superior. Revis has always had flawless technique and great recovery speed.

    Cro has insane speed and is a freak for how big he is.

    I can't see ANY TEAM blowing $12 million a year on any defensive position outside of OLB/DE who has to be Aldon Smith, Terrell Suggs, or DaMarcus Ware to substantiate that investment into the defensive side of the ball.

    Cro will never hold out or seek $12 million a year........

    Screw that. We've seen now since first Abraham and now Ellis left that no matter how great your CB's are your coverage eventually breaks down without a decent pass rush.

    And while this team has some decent prospects, none are looking like Aldon Smith in his 2nd and 3rd years or JPP.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Our Defense played pretty good with Cromartie in 2012 without Revis. Going foward Revis will get immediate trade action and get us a Number 1 draft pick. Cromartie won't IMO. Revis takes up too much of the Cap and Cromartie doesn't.

    Cromartie played kickoff and punt returner when asked too. He volunteer to be a WR and play both sides of the ball. He stepped up his leadership by being vocal when we were down. I like the guy.

    My vote is to trade Revis.
    Yeah 16 mil a year is quite a bit too...

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Your bedroom window
    Posts
    13,420
    REVIS IS NOT A LEADER.

    He's a selfish, greedy a$$hole, and he's not worth the trouble that comes with him.

    Sick of the damn holdouts. He will never win a championship and he could care less, as long as he's the highest paid player in the game.

    GTFO with that BS

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    REVIS IS NOT A LEADER.

    He's a selfish, greedy a$$hole, and he's not worth the trouble that comes with him.

    Sick of the damn holdouts. He will never win a championship and he could care less, as long as he's the highest paid player in the game.

    GTFO with that BS
    He's actually regarded highly in the locker room, purposefully got closer to Kyle Wilson to help him develop, he holds players accountable, and he's viewed as a leader. Thing is, players don't look down on one another for holding out, they know that you don't have a lot of time to play and respect guys for going to get the big money if they can...it's a business for them too.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Pez View Post
    Not that I don't like the guy but if you have to dump someone you don't dump the leader and face of the team!!!! Besides Revis is a better CB anyway. SO give him the money he needs and you trade Cromartie coming off a pro bowl season. You then get Wilson in there and we are better than we were at DB from last year.
    I still don't understand why the Jets shoot themseleves in the foot, why would you leak that out about your star player. Even if it is true you keep in under wraps until you can't get a deal then you say OK then we trade you. It makes revis look bad showing he didn't want to be here.
    One thing you better have Revis locked up with a new contract ,before you even think of trading Cromartie . You trade Cromartie and Revis wants to test Free agency, the Jets might lose both starting Cb's.


    Other than that that might be the way to go for the Jets.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Pez View Post
    Not that I don't like the guy but if you have to dump someone you don't dump the leader and face of the team!!!! Besides Revis is a better CB anyway. SO give him the money he needs and you trade Cromartie coming off a pro bowl season. You then get Wilson in there and we are better than we were at DB from last year.
    I still don't understand why the Jets shoot themselves in the foot, why would you leak that out about your star player. Even if it is true you keep in under wraps until you can't get a deal then you say OK then we trade you. It makes revis look bad showing he didn't want to be here.
    This is all part of the negotiation. The Jets are saying "don't think we won't trade you" if you aren't reasonable in your request. On the other side they are saying, if you want a long term deal, now is the time, you don't have to wait a year come to the table and you won't get 16m, but you'll get a heck of alot more than you're making now.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    REVIS IS NOT A LEADER.

    He's a selfish, greedy a$$hole, and he's not worth the trouble that comes with him.

    Sick of the damn holdouts. He will never win a championship and he could care less, as long as he's the highest paid player in the game.

    GTFO with that BS
    +1 I was going to say his play and talent were never in question, he is just a pain n the a$$ with the money stuff and cannot be kept because he cannot be financially reasoned with.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    REVIS IS NOT A LEADER.

    He's a selfish, greedy a$$hole, and he's not worth the trouble that comes with him.

    Sick of the damn holdouts. He will never win a championship and he could care less, as long as he's the highest paid player in the game.

    GTFO with that BS
    Such venom!

    Wondering if you ever went to another job to get more money? or asked for a raise.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Yeah 16 mil a year is quite a bit too...
    16M is a starting point. Revis says, make me the highest paid defensive player and the jets say we'll pay you more than the highest paid CB. Then after a bunch of noise from the media, they sit down and meet somewhere in the middle. That's how it works.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Such venom!

    Wondering if you ever went to another job to get more money? or asked for a raise.
    um how many times?

    while under an existing contract?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    +1 I was going to say his play and talent were never in question, he is just a pain n the a$$ with the money stuff and cannot be kept because he cannot be financially reasoned with.
    He's the best player on the Jets by far, yet the 9th highest paid. His issue is that he signed a long term deal then played waaaayyyyy above what he signed for. So he holds out to secure his future just in case he gets hurt. The Jets give him some of what he wants. Now the Jets are saying let's settle thing now before free agency, and let the negotiations begin. Revis says 16, Jets say 12. They settle on 14, it's all a game.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    um how many times?

    while under an existing contract?
    I personally am not under contract, I can come and go as I want. Revis' only recourse to secure his and his families future was to hold out. At least he didn't sit out the season like some players do. At the end of the day he gave us 16 games then some.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us