Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SI's King Says Elway Believes Revis is Missing Piece...

Practice Squad

SI's King Says Elway Believes Revis is Missing Piece...

Darrelle Revis - DB - Jets
    SI's Peter King gets the sense executive VP John Elway will try hard to convince Broncos owner Pat Bowlen that Darrelle Revis is the missing piece in Denver.
    Related: Broncos
    Source: Sports Illustrated Jan 28 - 11:50 AM
    Denver's #1 will be late round pick and likely will be next season. Can't see getting real value out of Denver...

Hall Of Fame
    Decker and their 2014 #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    Denver's #1 will be late round pick and likely will be next season. Can't see getting real value out of Denver...
    Unless we get this year and next's...

Manning has a limited window, Denver has to try and win now.

Might want to take a shot at next year's 1, that team is one Manning neck flare up from a top 10 pick

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    How about a 1 this year, and a 2 the next? Would you do that? Denver is all in anyway, as how long is Peyton really going to last?

Jets Insider VIP
    Take it and dont look back. You are not getting fair value because of the situation. If you can get a 1st, grab it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    How about a 1 this year, and a 2 the next? Would you do that? Denver is all in anyway, as how long is Peyton really going to last?
    This years #1 and a #1 in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Decker and their 2014 #1.
    Peyton would veto that trade.

While denver has a late 1 this year, that isn't a deal breaker. We don't JUST need a high first rounder. We could use a late first rounder/2nd/3rd. We could use all the extra picks we can get this year to fill in alot of holes.

Either way, the more teams interested the better for the Jets. I am still hoping the Lions (and their 5th pick) jump in to the mix. With Stafford, Megatron, Suh and Fairley, a player like Revis could look like the missing piece in detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Take it and dont look back. You are not getting fair value because of the situation. If you can get a 1st, grab it.
    So you would just jump at the first offer of a 1st round pick you get? Wouldn't even ask for a 3rd or 4th or even shop him to another team?

No Franchise Clause
    Revis has a clause in his contract that prevents him from being franchised and allows him to be a free agent after next season. I'm not sure any team would go all in on Revis not knowing what his future holds, and now coming off ACL surgery. I think Revis will be a Jet all season and after this contract he's free to do whatever. We'll get a pick if he signs elsewhere if I'm not mistaken???

All Pro
    This yr's #1, a 3rd and a 2nd next yr will get it done for me.

I would go with a first and a second for Revis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    This yr's #1, a 3rd and a 2nd next yr will get it done for me.
    I think that is a reasonable offer for/from both sides.

Id do it

The starting point in a Revis trade is a minimum of a 1st round pick. The question is ist rounder and what else? I can see a 2nd and 3rd in 2013 plus a 1st in 2014. Something in that range. When a team calls offering 2 second rounders you simply say that doesn't get it done for Revis but Cro may be available at that price.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    So you would just jump at the first offer of a 1st round pick you get? Wouldn't even ask for a 3rd or 4th or even shop him to another team?

Of course you try to get more. but in the end, take this and run if its all thats offered.

Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    No Franchise Clause
    Revis has a clause in his contract that prevents him from being franchised and allows him to be a free agent after next season. I'm not sure any team would go all in on Revis not knowing what his future holds, and now coming off ACL surgery. I think Revis will be a Jet all season and after this contract he's free to do whatever. We'll get a pick if he signs elsewhere if I'm not mistaken???
    I think this trade will come a long with a previously negotiated contract or sign and trade scenario.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    This years #1 and a #1 in 2015.
    I like this but I am not sure the Broncos would agree to it.

Teams always seem to be up for giving up more the further the picks are pushed into the future. Were the rules changed a few years back regarding dealing future years draft picks ?

I say a #1 in 2014 and a #1 in 2015, Jets need to focus on the long term. I am guessing Manning would be all in on that too, since I doubt he's playing beyond a few years.

Can't trade Revis. Trade Cro. Or trade Santonio Holmes

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I think this trade will come a long with a previously negotiated contract or sign and trade scenario.
    Agreed, a new contract would have to be agreed in principle before the trade happens.

He's right. If Revis is on that team instead of Bailey, the Broncos are in the Super Bowl right now. No way he allows those long pass TDs to Smith.