Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SI's King Says Elway Believes Revis is Missing Piece...

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How do you know Revis won't give the Jets a hometown discount?
    Do you get the feeling he might?

Jets Insider VIP
    How do you know Revis won't give the Jets a hometown discount?
    LMAO

Sometimes you are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Take it and dont look back. You are not getting fair value because of the situation. If you can get a 1st, grab it.
    Agreed. Not to mention what we will eventually be able to add with the additional cap space.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    While I love the Simpsons, I don't quite get what that image means here, sorry. Either my idea is either a delicious donut, or a drooling horror.....

My Dream 2013 Offseason:

1. Trade Revis, Collect 2013 1st & 3rd, 2014 3rd, 5th & 7th.
    2. Trade Sanchez, Collect 2013 6th.
    3. Trade Tebow to CFL, Collect Bag of Footballs.
    4. Trade McElroy to Arena League, Collect Philadelphia Cheese Steak sandwhich (one).

Trade down from both 2013 #1's, aquire 2013 #2's and #4's.

2013 Draft: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th (11 picks)
    2014 Draft: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th, 6th, 7th (9 picks)

IMO that is the best route to a Franchise Rebuild. If idzik is a good talent evaluatir and GM, we're then competative for years.

If he isn't, it won't matter what we do or trade.
    Pinch yourself and wake up or else i am going to have to throw a bucket of cold water on u.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Do you think Revis would accept a deal that doesnt have him be the highest paid CB in football?
    No, I believe he should be the highest paid CB in the league

However, these numbers that the media are throwing out there are pure nonsense. If the Jets offer Revis the highest CB deal ever, IMO he takes it. The man is injured...huge risk on The Jets behalf

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If the Jets don't actively trade Revis, he can play out 2013 and then walk away as a FA and the Jets get virtually nothing in return.

You're right, it is very obvious what the Jets need to do.
    What if he has an off season due to the knee...sort of like Brady did the year after his injury

A huge risk I don't think Revis is willing to take

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

If the Jets don't actively trade Revis, he can play out 2013 and then walk away as a FA and the Jets get virtually nothing in return.

You're right, it is very obvious what the Jets need to do.
    The OP brings up a good point. If Revis just plays out his contract he runs the risk of re-injury and losing all leverage in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    This yr's #1, a 3rd and a 2nd next yr will get it done for me.
    +1000
    That would be sweet! & fair for the consensus best defensive player in football voted by his peers!
    The draft would be exciting as hell in 2013 & 2014

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    This years #1 and a #1 in 2015.
    you're funny a pick in 2015.

How about something like this year

#9 G Chance Warmack
    #28 S ERIC REID, L.S.U. from Denver Pick 1
    # 39 RB Stefan Taylor Stanford our round 2
    # 59 LB AJ Klien Iowa State from Denver pick 2
    # 60 QB Collin Klein Kansas St our round 3

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    No, I believe he should be the highest paid CB in the league

However, these numbers that the media are throwing out there are pure nonsense. If the Jets offer Revis the highest CB deal ever, IMO he takes it. The man is injured...huge risk on The Jets behalf
    These are not numbers made up by the media. Nnamdi is making 15 million next year, Brandon Carr is making 14.5 million and that is just base salary, that doesnt include their bonus and does not reflect their cap numbers which are higher.

If the Jets offer Revis the highest contract ever to a CB, it will be in excess of 15.5 million per year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    these are many of the same people who will root for the jets to draft mingo in the first round, and still complain when the jets don't have cap room to sign quality offensive linemen, tight ends, quarterbacks and wide receivers. go defense!
    I'm only in favor of taking a defensive player in Round 1 if we pick up an extra 1st rounder in a Revis trade.

Otherwise, Warmack please.

People need to get over this outdated way of thinking that interior OL aren't worthy of high draft picks.

Guys like Iupati, the Pouncey brothers, Mankins, Mangold, etc make huge contributions to their respective offenses. Well, I wouldn't call ours respectable, but still.

Warmack doesn't just have pro-bowl upside, he has John Hannah/Mike Munchak upside.

No one will care where we drafted him when they see him out there annhilating guys and opening up huge holes in the running game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Pinch yourself and wake up or else i am going to have to throw a bucket of cold water on u.
    I don't see anything in my "plan" that is particularly unrealistic. Most folsk here think Revis is wirth two #1's and then some. My deal is considerably less costly to the team aquiring him (and IMO far more realistic).

Sanchez for a 6th is a tough one, but far from impossible.

Trading down from our two #1's (under the above plan) to get 2nd's and 4th's is also not far fetched, assuming any trade partners exist.

More importantly, the ideals behind this all is what I support. Rebuilding the talent base with as many picks as possible, at the cost of as little as possible, i.e. Revis and Sanchez.

If we pull a Tanny, and trade up a few times and come away with three guys this draft...I will be displeased.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    So you're in favor of giving a corner Tom Brady/Peyton Manning/Aaron Rodgers money?

If so, what's the name of the loony bin you currently reside in?
    It's not my money. If properly structured, this type of contract doesn't come close to being crippling for the cap. Revis is the best defensive player in the game. If Mario Williams and Julius Peppers make 15 a year, so should Revis. What if the Broncos get Revis and win a SB? Where they stupid to give him Peyton Manning money? Just because we have a highly paid defensive players doesn't mean we can't find a franchise QB. Draft picks are a huge gamble, giving away a future HoF to play the lottery doesn't sound intelligent to me. I'd consider trading Revis if this was an Luck/RG3 type draft and we had a chance to acquire a top 2 pick. Anything less, is just moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    No Franchise Clause
    Revis has a clause in his contract that prevents him from being franchised and allows him to be a free agent after next season. I'm not sure any team would go all in on Revis not knowing what his future holds, and now coming off ACL surgery. I think Revis will be a Jet all season and after this contract he's free to do whatever. We'll get a pick if he signs elsewhere if I'm not mistaken???
    Sure...Jets will get a compensatory pick. But...

Read my signature and go to the link. If Revis walks...Jets will get tagged with a $9 mil dead money hit on the 2014 CAP. Jets cannot let that happen.

Revis is either traded or signed...no other choice. And most of us know which one it's going to be.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I think we are getting a little too far ahead of ourselves with the multiple #1s or a #1 plus a #2/#3 etc. This is a guy who is coming off an injury who is under contract for 1 more year - why would a team give up a king's ransom for 1 year of Revis?

I know its fun to talk about and GM's are salivating at the thought of adding Revis, but unless they can agree to a monster contract in advance of completing the deal, I don't know why anyone would agree to trade a #1 + for a guy going into FA.

And, as we know, Revis doesn't do anyone favors in contract negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm only in favor of taking a defensive player in Round 1 if we pick up an extra 1st rounder in a Revis trade.

Otherwise, Warmack please.

People need to get over this outdated way of thinking that interior OL aren't worthy of high draft picks.

Guys like Iupati, the Pouncey brothers, Mankins, Mangold, etc make huge contributions to their respective offenses. Well, I wouldn't call ours respectable, but still.

Warmack doesn't just have pro-bowl upside, he has John Hannah/Mike Munchak upside.

No one will care where we drafted him when they see him out there annhilating guys and opening up huge holes in the running game.
    i just can't get on board with the warmack pick. if there's any wr rated nearly as high i think that wr is more valuable. the jets need guys who can score, and if their draft starts out warmack and then a defensive player, they've completely squandared a great opportunity.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    These are not numbers made up by the media. Nnamdi is making 15 million next year, Brandon Carr is making 14.5 million and that is just base salary, that doesnt include their bonus and does not reflect their cap numbers which are higher.

If the Jets offer Revis the highest contract ever to a CB, it will be in excess of 15.5 million per year.
    Someone's going to pay him...why not us when we are not paying HUGE money to a QB

Keep the man, he's the cornerstone of this franchise

Someone suggested this: Elvis Dummervil and a pick or picks. That would be one player that would help and fill a gap. I would like a 1st rounder next year though if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I think we are getting a little too far ahead of ourselves with the multiple #1s or a #1 plus a #2/#3 etc. This is a guy who is coming off an injury who is under contract for 1 more year - why would a team give up a king's ransom for 1 year of Revis?

I know its fun to talk about and GM's are salivating at the thought of adding Revis, but unless they can agree to a monster contract in advance of completing the deal, I don't know why anyone would agree to trade a #1 + for a guy going into FA.

And, as we know, Revis doesn't do anyone favors in contract negotiations.
    Im sure any big offer will be contingent on working out a contract extension with Revis.

1st and a 2d is realistic...agree with the Denver logic. Hit while the iron is hot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    It's not my money. If properly structured, this type of contract doesn't come close to being crippling for the cap. Revis is the best defensive player in the game. If Mario Williams and Julius Peppers make 15 a year, so should Revis. What if the Broncos get Revis and win a SB? Where they stupid to give him Peyton Manning money? Just because we have a highly paid defensive players doesn't mean we can't find a franchise QB. Draft picks are a huge gamble, giving away a future HoF to play the lottery doesn't sound intelligent to me. I'd consider trading Revis if this was an Luck/RG3 type draft and we had a chance to acquire a top 2 pick. Anything less, is just moronic.
    This post makes zero sense.

No, Revis is not the best defensive player in the game.

I'd take guys like J.J. Watt and DeMarcus Ware over Revis in a heartbeat. Those guys disrupt entire offenses. Revis even on his best day is still only taking away one player.

An yes, it's worth it to a team like Denver because they are on the cusp of a Superbowl and Peyton only has 2-3 years left.

It's not worth it to a team like us that is in cap hell and has to rebuild its entire offense before they can even begin talking playoffs, much less Superbowl.

Get it?