Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SI's King Says Elway Believes Revis is Missing Piece...

Banned
    The Jets should trade for a first round pick in this year's draft. If they go for a 2014 first rounder, I guarantee the team they trade with wins the Super Bowl next season.

All Pro
    Denver is in over react mode. They lost because manning couldnt throw the ball more the 10 yards the entire 2nd half of the game. His arm was shot. But elway cant see this because then he has to blame himself. So cornerback will be the scapegoat.

Did manning have a great year, yes. Did they lose because of manning, no. Did they lose because manning was incapable of winning the game in the end - yes.

This is like when we over reacted and drafted mike nugent because we thought our only issue was doug brien.

Strike while the wounds are fresh and hose elway in a deal.

for Mays OLB straight up.

All League
    Elway knows his window is closing rapidly because Manning won't be around
    for long. If Idzik plays it right he can make him overpay in picks. Elway
    and everyone in DEN has to cringe watching the tape of Bailey getting
    burned repeatedly in the playoffs

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    The Jets should trade for a first round pick in this year's draft. If they go for a 2014 first rounder, I guarantee the team they trade with wins the Super Bowl next season.
    The reason why people want first rounders next year is b.c there could be three great players at the top of the draft (Bridgewater, Clowney and Manziel). With 2 first rounders we would be able to move up and snag one. Heck, we might be in position for one without moving up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    The starting point in a Revis trade is a minimum of a 1st round pick. The question is ist rounder and what else? I can see a 2nd and 3rd in 2013 plus a 1st in 2014. Something in that range. When a team calls offering 2 second rounders you simply say that doesn't get it done for Revis but Cro may be available at that price.
    So you think the Jets will get a 1st this year, a 2nd and 3rd next year and a 1st in 2014?

You can't be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So you think the Jets will get a 1st this year, a 2nd and 3rd next year and a 1st in 2014?

You can't be serious.
    Reading comprehension was not your strong point in school.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The reason why people want first rounders next year is b.c there could be three great players at the top of the draft (Bridgewater, Clowney and Manziel). With 2 first rounders we would be able to move up and snag one. Heck, we might be in position for one without moving up.

Not likely to happen if one of those picks is 32 overall. And that's exactly what the Jets would be getting. It is a given with this team's luck.

All Pro
    They have to take Tebow back as part of the deal....

Revis and Tebow for Ossweiler (sp?) plus a #1 and a #2.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

You can't be serious.
    No I said a 1st in 2014 and a 2nd +3rd this year. I see that as feasible.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    1st and 3rd in 2013 (this years draft) + 3rd, 5th & 7th in 2014.

A talent-deficiant team can best get better by trading one guy for 4+ potential guys. We get 9 (I think) picks in 2013 and 10 picks in 2014. Patriots-Style Rebuild/Restock of Talent.

If Denver really believed Revis was the "missing piece" they'll make this deal in a milisecond, and Revis can go play alongside (or replace) Champ Baily, the Revis is the last generation of CB's.

I'd make that deal and never look back. Although I'd prefer it be to a team in the NFC, not the AFC.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    No Franchise Clause
    Revis has a clause in his contract that prevents him from being franchised and allows him to be a free agent after next season. I'm not sure any team would go all in on Revis not knowing what his future holds, and now coming off ACL surgery. I think Revis will be a Jet all season and after this contract he's free to do whatever. We'll get a pick if he signs elsewhere if I'm not mistaken???
    yeh. A conditional 3rd. Which is essentially a high 4th rounder. You know... without the benefit of a good nights sleep to think the pick through.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Unless we get this year and next's...

Manning has a limited window, Denver has to try and win now.
    He looked like he was done by overtime if not sooner and maybe the reason why Fox had him take a knee. Don't think he can make the long throws anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Lol

Revis isn't getting traded

Have fun with all your possible trades

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If a team has the first pick and can get Clowney, they aren't going to trade down and pass on a defensive prospect of the decade And if Bridgewater turns out to be the next RG3, odds are one of the teams with the 1st/2nd pick will need a QB and not trade him away. Our hope of landing Clowney/Teddy are that we are so bad this year we end up with the 1st or 2nd pick. Otherwise, we aren't getting either one.

You also cannot trade away Revis for a pick next year on the HOPES that we can parlay that pick into a trade up for a player. You are giving up a stud this year, you need a 1st round pick this year (at a minimum). Especially since the team we are trading REvis too will probably be a contender next and therefore the pick will be in the late 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    1st and 3rd in 2013 (this years draft) + 3rd, 5th & 7th in 2014.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    No I said a 1st in 2014 and a 2nd +3rd this year. I see that as feasible.
    Sorry, I misread your original post.

The above is very feasible.

Why trade for Revis. They can just wait for the Rams to cut Finnegan and sign him or sign a free agent like Talib.
    Last edited by SONNY WERBLIN; 01-28-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Might want to take a shot at next year's 1, that team is one Manning neck flare up from a top 10 pick
    No, they aren't.

They were a playoff team last year too, when Tebow was the qb. If anything, they're better now.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Sounds like a knee-jerk reaction on Elway's part.