Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: SI's King Says Elway Believes Revis is Missing Piece...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    So, let me get this staright. If the Jets sign him to QB money, we're idiots. If some other team signs him for QB money, great move?

Revis can ask for QB, but he's not getting it... FROM ANYONE. I think that we've overlooked this point thus far.
    Dumb move for a rebuilding team like us, good move for someone like Denver who is a contender and whose window will slam shut in 2-3 years when Peyton calls it quits.

Also, the Bills gave Mario Williams franchise QB money. Some team will do it with Revis. I just hope we're not the dumbasses to give it to him.

Hell, a team like the Bucs are almost $50 million under the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Tex, you should spend less time on this board trying to figure out what the Jets should do with Revis, and more time on a Pats board trying to figure out how the Pats can get an NFL quality WR for Tom Brady.
    Why do you feel that they need someone else? Their #1 guy was out, **** happens

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That worked in the 1960's, not so much in today's NFL.
    Hmm. Same could be said for video taping opponents practices.. Worked in the early 2000's, not so much in today's NFL.
    Last edited by bgivs21; 01-28-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why do you feel that they need someone else? Their #1 guy was out, **** happens
    Because, then 1 injury (other than Brady) would not cost the season.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    That is the risk every player takes when they enter FA. This is a guy that has already made over 50 mill, and is a guy that has never been accused of living lavishly. His managers have done a fine job with the kid so far.

I really believe that he wants to hit FA, but would take a 12 mill contract to stay with the jets, but if he is traded, he will want every dollar out there.
    Wish that were true - don't have any real expectations, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Dumb move for a rebuilding team like us, good move for someone like Denver who is a contender and whose window will slam shut in 2-3 years when Peyton calls it quits.

Also, the Bills gave Mario Williams franchise QB money. Some team will do it with Revis. I just hope we're not the dumbasses to give it to him.

Hell, a team like the Bucs are almost $50 million under the cap.
    Yes, but look what has happened over the past few years with defensive players and mega-contracts. Eventually, teams will get the message:

Albert Hanyeswerth
    Mario Williams
    Nnamdi Asomaugh(?)
    ...Darelle Revis

All League
    Yes, but look what has happened over the past few years with defensive players and mega-contracts. Eventually, teams will get the message:

Albert Hanyeswerth
    Mario Williams
    Nnamdi Asomaugh(?)
    ...Darelle Revis
    Good point, but another problem is YOU KNOW that 2-3 years after Revis
    signs his contract he'll be back asking for another extension. A leopard
    never changes his spots

Patterson is a late 1st/early 2nd round prospect.

Yes, he's explosive but also extremely raw. We just drafted a guy like that in Stephen Hill.

And with our declining OL and Sanchez at QB, we weren't able to utilize him, so why should I think we could do it with Patterson?

I say get back to our 2009/2010 mold.

Build around a dominant OL and a shutdown defense. Seems to be working for San Francisco.
    he's way different than hill.

taking warmack with the 9th pick, rather than taking a playmaker there, or trading back in the first and taking one there, is a big mistake.

by comparison, rotoworld has a blurb about how cordarelle is now linked to the patriots. he must stink.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    he's way different than hill.

taking warmack with the 9th pick, rather than taking a playmaker there, or trading back in the first and taking one there, is a big mistake.

by comparison, rotoworld has a blurb about how cordarelle is now linked to the patriots. he must stink.
    Who the hell said he stinks?

So what if he's been linked to the Pats? Where do they pick again, 30th?

Yeah, sounds about right.

No damn way I'm taking this kid in the Top 10.

Warmack is the best interior OL to come out in seemingly decades. Patterson isn't even the best receiver in this draft class.

It would be beyond retarded to take this kid at #9.

Hall Of Fame
    UT's right.

Unless one of the surefire pass rushers is there, Warmack's the pick.

Albert Hanyeswerth
    Mario Williams
    Nnamdi Asomaugh(?)
    ...Darelle Revis
    You should be banned for using common sense.

This is honestly the only team that makes sense. Them or the Patriots.

Either organization can throw caution to the wind in regards to their respective salary caps since he could be exactly what either team needs.

But if we trade him to the Patriots, then Woody should hang himself.

Nobody serious about winning titles outside of the Pats, Packers, Giants, or New Orleans can afford to pay a CB 13-16 million a year and still win titles.

Who the hell said he stinks?

So what if he's been linked to the Pats? Where do they pick again, 30th?

Yeah, sounds about right.

No damn way I'm taking this kid in the Top 10.

Warmack is the best interior OL to come out in seemingly decades. Patterson isn't even the best receiver in this draft class.

It would be beyond retarded to take this kid at #9.
    actually i think the jets should trade back and take him and get an extra pick or two. i agree he's not a smart pick at #9, but i don't think warmack is either.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Alot of accuracy in that post right there.
    Not me. If they let a guy like Revis, who only comes along once every 25 years or so, go for a third round pick only. Idzik would have to be out of his mind. I think if they can't get a **** load for him they will back up the money truck for him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    This is honestly the only team that makes sense. Them or the Patriots.

Either organization can throw caution to the wind in regards to their respective salary caps since he could be exactly what either team needs.

But if we trade him to the Patriots, then Woody should hang himself.

Nobody serious about winning titles outside of the Pats, Packers, Giants, or New Orleans can afford to pay a CB 13-16 million a year and still win titles.
    No way in hell the Pats would pay the coin Revis is looking for.

Not a chance.

2013 first rounder
    2013 third rounder
    2015 second rounder
    Osweiler

They get "Hershel Walker"ed and strapped by paying Revis and Manning. We get a QB prospect, and a boatload of high picks.

No point doing it unless you do it to turn this team completely around in one off-season.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    2013 first rounder
    2013 third rounder
    2015 second rounder
    Osweiler

They get "Hershel Walker"ed and strapped by paying Revis and Manning. We get a QB prospect, and a boatload of high picks.

No point doing it unless you do it to turn this team completely around in one off-season.
    My sentiments exactly. I am against trading Revis but, if we do, then a team needs to overpay to make it palatable. If Denver truly wants him, Osweiler plus several high picks - including a #1 - is my price. If they baulk, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    2013 first rounder
    2013 third rounder
    2015 second rounder
    Osweiler

I Agree 100%. That is what I have saying here for days. Why is it so impossible to think we can not resign him? I think even if Idzick gives him money that will make him the highest paid corner in history, he cuts all the dead weight no talent pos players he needs to. Then he needs to prove his worth from jump street (Idzick that is) Use what ever money is left on "smart football moves" It will be difficult yes. Not impossible. Show us what you got you FNG.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    This yr's #1, a 3rd and a 2nd next yr will get it done for me.
    This is a far trade IMO. Denver could also probably go with a conditional 2nd next year, meaning it could go up to a 1st based on Revis/team performance.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    You"re making like D Revis lost a leg and will never be the same. ACL injuries are pretty routine surgeries today and a team that going to sign him will look at that leg very closely.

D revis made sure he put in contract that Jets couldn't franchise him and 12 months away from unrestricted FA he going to cave, and give up that right.(History shows us that Revis doesn't cave, but the Jets will first) Do you know how much D revis is going to make in 2014( so many teams bidding on him and gets to pick where he will finish his career.

Jets could get the greatest trade ever made and it still doesn't matter if Revis says he isn't signing a contract extension with that team. Jet5 could offer him a monster contract and he can say no, I want to test FA. Where does that leave them.

Revis has made how much money since being in the NFL, he really going to worry that he could get hurt again and not get paid. Lloyd's of London will insure him from injury in 2013.

The Jets get one first round pick there GM did a great job. I think he leaves in 2014 and Jets get that third round pick in 2015.
    Fair points, but the problem with this thinking is a team like the Broncos. They can't wait for the 2014 to sign him. So they'll likely be willing to make the trade and extend Revis.

Revis will agree to a trade with any team that will pay him.