Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Former 49er 1st round pick arrested for assaulting his boyfriend

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I wasn't suggesting that at all. I was thinking something like 400 players in NFL history, from which you could assemble maybe three or four decent 53 man rosters (by "decent" I mean fairly well-rounded positionally and not loaded with bottom-of-the-roster scrubs). How many NFL players have there been -- 20,000+? If so, we are talking about 2% or less, which I think is a pretty reasonable estimate even in a "macho" community.
    I wonder how many were sack leaders or three techniques?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    I live in the SF Bay Area, so I'm familiar with this discussion, but I have to say - in your effort to be forward-thinking and open-minded - this is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. What would you base this opinion on?!
    Well. right away you gotta figure that every center in NFL history is at least a half a fruit, right?

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Well. right away you gotta figure that every center in NFL history is at least a half a fruit, right?
    And, other than lefties, the top of an NFL QB's right hand must be one of the world's most vilely-scented entities.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    I live in the SF Bay Area, so I'm familiar with this discussion, but I have to say - in your effort to be forward-thinking and open-minded - this is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. What would you base this opinion on?!
    While this thread is humorous, the simple fact is that there have probably been a large number of gay players over the years.
    1) There have been thousands of NFL players over the years. (There are roughly 1,900 in the NFL in a given year);

2) Gay people make up some percentage of the general population. Even if the NFL's % is lower than the average, it is not 0%?

3) There must have been hundreds of gay players over the years. We just didn't hear about it.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 01-29-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    While this thread is humorous, the simple fact is that there have probably been a large number of gay players over the years.
    1) There have been thousands of NFL players over the years. (There are roughly 1,900 in the NFL in a given year);

2) Gay people make up some percentage of the general population. Even if the NFL's % is lower than the average, it is not 0%?

3) There have been thousands of NFL players over the years.
    I agree with point one. I'm not so sure about point 3.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTodd27 View Post
    Wow. Never new Harris was gay.
    Can we safely assume that Kwame Harris is the greatest homosexual player the NFL has ever seen? And is that enough to get him into the Hall of Fame?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I agree with point one. I'm not so sure about point 3.
    Oops - Typo. Fixed it in the original post.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Yes its surpassed Burlygayme in downloading activity.

Lomein Park is still tops for soy topping though.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post

3) There must have been hundreds of gay players over the years. We just didn't hear about it.
    This. I won't estimate, but it's totally reasonable to assume that there have been lots of closeted gay NFL players in the history of the league. To assume otherwise is naive.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    What percentage of the US population do you think is gay?
    With or without Massachusetts?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTodd27 View Post
    Wow. Never new Harris was gay.
    Can we safely assume that Kwame Harris is the greatest homosexual player the NFL has ever seen? And is that enough to get him into the Hall of Fame?
    Esera Tuolo was a much better DT than Harris was an OT. (Harris was f'n awful)