Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Former 49er 1st round pick arrested for assaulting his boyfriend

Undrafted Free Agent
    SF owner just announced they are officially changing their name to the 69ers.

Wow. Never new Harris was gay.
    Can we safely assume that Kwame Harris is the greatest homosexual player the NFL has ever seen? And is that enough to get him into the Hall of Fame?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTodd27 View Post
    Wow. Never new Harris was gay.
    Can we safely assume that Kwame Harris is the greatest homosexual player the NFL has ever seen? And is that enough to get him into the Hall of Fame?
    I suspect you could make several decent 53-man rosters out of the gay NFL players in history. So I'm going to say no to both questions.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I was expecting it to be Vernon Davis.
    Right, that guy is definetly light in the loafers.

WTF.

Hey 90210 get your lazy a$$ here. I feel pity for your assault, battery, false imprisonment, negligence, and intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress.

Whaaah!! Whahh!! Whaah!!

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Really!!!!

Who pours their soy sauce directly on their rice!?!?!?

What is this... the Nineties?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberjet View Post
    SF owner just announced they are officially changing their name to the 69ers.
    And in light of these allegations, will abandon plans to move to Santa Clara in favor of continuing to play at "The Stick".

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Speaking of the dumb crap athletes say..

1. Chicago Cubs outfielder Andre Dawson on being a role model:
    "I wan' all dem kids to do what I do, to look up to me. I wan' all the kids to copulate me."

2. New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers when asked about the upcoming season:
    "I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first.."

3. And, upon hearing Joe Jacobi of the 'Skin's say:
    "I'd run over my own mother to win the Super Bowl,"
    Matt Millen of the Raiders said: "To win, I'd run over Joe's Mom, too."

4. Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver, on his coach, John Jenkins:
    "He treat us like mens. He let us wear earrings.."

5. Football commentator and former player Joe Theismann:
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

6. Senior basketball player at the University of Pittsburgh :
    "I'm going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes.."

7. Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach:
    "You guys line up alphabetically by height.."
    And, "You guys pair up in groups of three, and then line up in a circle."

8. Boxing promoter Dan Duva on Mike Tyson going to prison:
    "Why would anyone expect him to come out smarter? He went to prison for three years, not Princeton .."

9. Stu Grimson, Chicago Blackhawks left wing, explaining why he keeps a color photo of himself above his locker:
    "That's so when I forget how to spell my name, I can still find my clothes."

10. Lou Duva, veteran boxing trainer, on the Spartan training regimen of heavyweight Andrew Golota:
    "He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning, regardless of what time it is."

11. Chuck Nevitt , North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice:
    "My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt.

12. Frank Layden , Utah Jazz president, on a former player:
    "I asked him, 'Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?'
    He said, 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care.'"

13. Shelby Metcalf, basketball coach at Texas A&M, recounting what he told a player who received four F's and one D:
    "Son, looks to me like you're spending too much time on one subject."

14. In the words of NC State great Charles Shackelford:
    "I can go to my left or right, I am amphibious."

15. Former Houston Oilers coach Bum Phillips when asked by Bob Costas why he takes his wife on all the road trips,
    Phillips responded: "Because she's too ugly to kiss good-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post

14. In the words of NC State great Charles Shackelford:
    "I can go to my left or right, I am amphibious."

One of my all-time favorites, to the point where I no longer use the word "ambidextrous" in everyday conversation.

My ass is killing me...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Kumame Harriass

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You don't F around in Menlo Park. That's where the men get low.
    Yes its surpassed Burlygayme in downloading activity.

Lomein Park is still tops for soy topping though.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    One of my all-time favorites, to the point where I no longer use the word "ambidextrous" in everyday conversation.
    Haha - same here. And while I hardly use ambidextrous in everyday parlance, I always quote Shackleford when I do.

I suspect you could make several decent 53-man rosters out of the gay NFL players in history. So I'm going to say no to both questions.
    I live in the SF Bay Area, so I'm familiar with this discussion, but I have to say - in your effort to be forward-thinking and open-minded - this is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. What would you base this opinion on?!

All League
    The argument escalated when Harris was mistaken and thought Geier was putting BOY sauce on his rice.

Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    I live in the SF Bay Area, so I'm familiar with this discussion, but I have to say - in your effort to be forward-thinking and open-minded - this is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. What would you base this opinion on?!
    What percentage of the US population do you think is gay? Now apply some subjective discount to that number based on how skeptical you are that the population of professional NFL players would reflect the same percentages as the US population generally. Now multiply that percentage by the total number of players who have ever appeared on an active NFL roster. What number do you get?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

What percentage of the US population do you think is gay? Now apply some subjective discount to that number based on how skeptical you are that the population of professional NFL players would reflect the same percentages as the US population generally. Now multiply that percentage by the total number of players who have ever appeared on an active NFL roster. What number do you get?
    Freeman: 4?

Hall Of Fame
    You assume gays are proportionally represented withing the NFL player community.

If it OK or even reasonable to assume that homosexuals are overrepresented within the Arts community why then would it not be similarly reasonable to assume that they are under-represented in macho, testosterone-laden communities such as the NFL or even posters at JI for that matter?

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    You assume gays are proportionally represented withing the NFL player community.

If it OK or even reasonable to assume that homosexuals are overrepresented within the Arts community why then would it not be similarly reasonable to assume that they are under-represented in macho, testosterone-laden communities such as the NFL or even posters at JI for that matter?

Just sayin'
    I wasn't suggesting that at all. I was thinking something like 400 players in NFL history, from which you could assemble maybe three or four decent 53 man rosters (by "decent" I mean fairly well-rounded positionally and not loaded with bottom-of-the-roster scrubs). How many NFL players have there been -- 20,000+? If so, we are talking about 2% or less, which I think is a pretty reasonable estimate even in a "macho" community.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I suspect you could make several decent 53-man rosters out of the gay NFL players in history.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    What would you base this opinion on?!
    Boston demographics?

-