Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could plug in one player from NFL history into the 2013 Jets...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Defense: Reggie White to smash anything that moved on the other team.

Offense: Barry Sanders because he makes up for a ton of QB mistakes and lack of talent.
    We would put Reggie in as a 3-4 D Lineman so he could tie up blockers, allowing Bryan Thomas to run free.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Revis. If the greatest CB in NFL history couldn't get us to a SB nobody can.

LOL. This is why the Jets don't win Super bowls. Our fanbase is full of complete fools.

Look at all the titles won the ACTUAL greatest cover CB won in Atlanta, amirite?

Oh wait, Deion didn't win ANYWHERE there wasn't A GREAT QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    offense----------montana simply the best

defense--------ray lewis
    Ray Lewis would be good. This way, if I killed Mark Sanchez, he wouldn't tell anyone that he helped.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    We would put Reggie in as a 3-4 D Lineman so he could tie up blockers, allowing Bryan Thomas to run free.
    LMFAO! Sadly, I know you're right.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray Lewis would be good. This way, if I killed Mark Sanchez, he wouldn't tell anyone that he helped.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Gale Sayers. Every touch of the ball the Defense would key on him. That would open up the play action and passing game. It would stop the blitzes and create a dynamic Offense.
    Play action would be amazing. Then Sanchez could over throw his wide receiver despite 10 players focusing on Sayers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Montana or Manning. The only contenders for this are QBs. If I'm choosing a non-QB, Lawrence Taylor would be a hell of a consideration.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Ya'll are going to hate me, but it's Marino.

Marino had worse receivers' than this year's Dolphins and would straight up shred teams.

So many scars from his comebacks, too.
    Duper and Clayton say hi.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This will get me banned...

Brady. IMO - best QB in the history of the NFL. I could see why some would say Montana and its a great argument, but I would def. roll with Tom.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post

Brady. IMO - best QB in the history of the NFL. I could see why some would say Montana and its a great argument, but I would def. roll with Tom.
    I don't agree.

Switch Peyton and Brady (Brady goes to Colts, Manning to Pats), and the Pats have like 5 Superbowls and the Colts have none.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Montana. Sanchez proves offense can only go so far without a gifted QB
    Deion/LT/Reggie White. I put Deion cause he can do it on Special teams too

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

This year he dropped below Montana to me but Peyton lacks the inner fortitude Eli has to win the big game

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Duper and Clayton say hi.
    Duper and Clayton were terrible. Marino made them.

Only receiver worth a crap at all for Marino's entire term was Fryar and he was average at best.

You stick Marino on the Jets with Al Toon and Toon could have had 2000 yards multiple seasons.

Toon had a crap QB, Marino always had crap WR's, no running game, and a usually average to suck defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kwame Harris

to give back to Sanchez what he's given to us...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Brady is fine. I don't want to turn this into who is the best QB thread.

Basically, to me, it would be "Who is the best QB in your opinion and put him on the Jets." Because anything else just means we still suck with Mark Sanchez.

As for a defensive player, we play 3-4, we have no 3-4 pass rushers, LT is the best 3-4 OLB I have ever seen, so I would pick him. If we played 4-3, I would go with Reggie White or Deacon Jones.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Montana, Brady, Elway, Marino...... Take your pick. The Jets would be fun to watch with any of these guys........ Lot's of quick offensive tempo, high scoring and 2 maybe three championships.

Marino with his quick release and the 80's Jets Offenses O'Brien played with.....That would have been fun!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady is fine. I don't want to turn this into who is the best QB thread.

Basically, to me, it would be "Who is the best QB in your opinion and put him on the Jets." Because anything else just means we still suck with Mark Sanchez.

As for a defensive player, we play 3-4, we have no 3-4 pass rushers, LT is the best 3-4 OLB I have ever seen, so I would pick him. If we played 4-3, I would go with Reggie White or Deacon Jones.
    Right. I think the question should be non-QB because this day and age the QB is outrageously important (look at the Colts after Manning was hurt) let alone the fact that we currently have Mark Sanchez. Non-QB I'd have to still go offense because we don't have one. I will go with Jerry Rice and hope we can find someone to throw to him. That or Jim Brown/Walter Payton.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Play action would be amazing. Then Sanchez could over throw his wide receiver despite 10 players focusing on Sayers.

He might actually make a few completions with the additional time and get out of panic mode. I thought of Choosing a young Mike Vick with that 4.3 speed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Right. I think the question should be non-QB because this day and age the QB is outrageously important (look at the Colts after Manning was hurt) let alone the fact that we currently have Mark Sanchez. Non-QB I'd have to still go offense because we don't have one. I will go with Jerry Rice and hope we can find someone to throw to him. That or Jim Brown/Walter Payton.
    That would be tough. Jerry Rice vs Walter Peyton/Jim Brown. I would take the running back. AP carried the team to the playoffs all by himself. Megatron had the most yards ever, and his team didn't even get that far.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray Guy. Sadly, may have to franchise him for 2014.