Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Looking to CFL for help?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking to CFL for help?

Pats and Fins found some players up there, hope Idzik looks there to fill in roster once the blood bath of releasing players begins. Hopefully we can find some diamonds in the rough like Cameron Wake who can come in on the cheap side and help our cap and experience situation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should listen to us Canadian folk (Beerfish especially)

We talked about grabbing Cameron Wake prior to his joining the Dolphins, and saying they got a great one.
    Also mentioned Garret McIntyre, saying he would bring some pressure, but not be as good as wake.
    There is talent in the CFL. It should not be overlooked.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats seem to be signing up a few promising CFL guys.

Of course, that's a sign of Belichick's genius, out-of-the-box thinking, in the eyes of the media.

If the Jets had signed the exact same guys? A sign of desperation, sez the media.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris Williams slot receiver and kicker returner. The guy is small but super fast could be like Andrew Hawkins from Cincy who cam from the CFL. (New Mexico State)

I would also take a flyer on a Rb named Chevon Walker. Chris Johnston light. Runs like Johnston is probably as fast as Johnston but will not get you tough yards, but he is a take it to the house kind of player. (Sioux Falls)

Jovan Olafioye, olineman 6'6" 325, all star last year. (North Carolina Central)

Ted Laurent, dline. The guy is undersized at 6'1", 303 but is a high effort back field penetrating kind of player. (Ole Miss)

If he didn't have a major injury lat year I also would have recommended a name from the past that being Adarius Bowman who finally seemed to get it with his 3rd CFL and was an absolute beast of a player two years ago.

I'm not sure the contract situation of these guys so they may not be available. Unfortunately there are no Cam Wake class of players available.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Chris Williams slot receiver and kicker returner. The guy is small but super fast could be like Andrew Hawkins from Cincy who cam from the CFL. (New Mexico State)

I would also take a flyer on a Rb named Chevon Walker. Chris Johnston light. Runs like Johnston is probably as fast as Johnston but will not get you tough yards, but he is a take it to the house kind of player. (Sioux Falls)

Jovan Olafioye, olineman 6'6" 325, all star last year. (North Carolina Central)

Ted Laurent, dline. The guy is undersized at 6'1", 303 but is a high effort back field penetrating kind of player. (Ole Miss)

If he didn't have a major injury lat year I also would have recommended a name from the past that being Adarius Bowman who finally seemed to get it with his 3rd CFL and was an absolute beast of a player two years ago.

I'm not sure the contract situation of these guys so they may not be available. Unfortunately there are no Cam Wake class of players available.
    Did the Rams sign Olafioye last offseason?

I remember the Jets were very interested in signing him but he chose the Rams?
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-29-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Did the Rams sign Olafioye last offseason?

I remember the Jets were very interested in signing him but he chose the Rams?
    He ended up going back to Montreal. He thus is probably not available as most teams sign guys for at least two years plus an option these days.

I was pumping Chad Owens for the Jets last year and they were interested, at one point it said we signed him but he went back to Toronto and became the leagues MVP. (Due mainly to another ex Jet, Ricky Ray)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He ended up going back to Montreal. He thus is probably not available as most teams sign guys for at least two years plus an option these days.

I was pumping Chad Owens for the Jets last year and they were interested, at one point it said we signed him but he went back to Toronto and became the leagues MVP. (Due mainly to another ex Jet, Ricky Ray)
    Wow that's a name from the past. He's still playing?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Wow that's a name from the past. He's still playing?
    Yes. Too bad the Jets really never gave him a proper chance. Has always been a very accurate QB and played at a high level. I would equate him to being a Matt Schaub type of QB.

He was a fixture on my hometown team for years until our Totally idiotic GM traded him for magic beans to Toronto this past year, and Toronto promptly won the Grey Cup.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Too bad the Jets really never gave him a proper chance. Has always been a very accurate QB and played at a high level. I would equate him to being a Matt Schaub type of QB.

He was a fixture on my hometown team for years until our Totally idiotic GM traded him for magic beans to Toronto this past year, and Toronto promptly won the Grey Cup.
    I remember he left the Jets to go back to Canada because he'd rather play for less money than sit on the bench in the NFL. I guess it turned out to be the right move for him.