Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rex's Ravens still love him

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I'm amazed how most of you don't get it

If a player will run through the wall for a coach, you keep that coach
    It's not that simple. All this says is that Rex Ryan is a great Defensive Coordinator. Something that all but the most ridiculous of Rex Ryan haters already know.

The problem is, no one is sure if Rex can develop into a good head coach. I think he still has a lot of promise, and frankly, even if he gets fired next year, I see him being a head coach again in the NFL at some point.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    we do get it he is a awesome dc but that is it he is not a good hc at all.

ps i was in the united state air force so i do get it.
    Alrighty then you " Lackland Lad" then you know sometimes it takes a bit of seasoning before a young 2ND LT becomes the great Captain or Major he will be. Yet, you will know right away by the way his men stand by him, if that 2nd Louie has the makings of a leader of men. Leadership lesson concluded.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    It's not that simple. All this says is that Rex Ryan is a great Defensive Coordinator. Something that all but the most ridiculous of Rex Ryan haters already know.

The problem is, no one is sure if Rex can develop into a good head coach. I think he still has a lot of promise, and frankly, even if he gets fired next year, I see him being a head coach again in the NFL at some point.
    You guys are ****ing ridiculous. The guy is respected by HOF players.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was in Baltimore last weekend. I told some of the Raven fans that I was a Jets fan and that I'd be rooting for them to beat NE. They immediately started talking about Rex and how much they loved him. It was odd.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once again more very obvious stellar things to say about our HC. He's a great guy and I think Woody is a very smart man for having hired him.

All this crap from you "know nothings" is exactly what I just posted. KNOW NOTHING drivel from people who were dumb enough to hang on Rex's words.

Rex said this last season that it was the best team he's ever had. You guys all swallowed it, hook, line, and sinker.

Have you guys ever had the sack to form your own opinion?

In the end, it's your own damn fault you fell for it. Rex protects his players and takes the pressure away from his players.

My advice to you, stop being so damn pi$$y when it was your own stupidity that put you in this predicament.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Once again more very obvious stellar things to say about our HC. He's a great guy and I think Woody is a very smart man for having hired him.

All this crap from you "know nothings" is exactly what I just posted. KNOW NOTHING drivel from people who were dumb enough to hang on Rex's words.

Rex said this last season that it was the best team he's ever had. You guys all swallowed it, hook, line, and sinker.

Have you guys ever had the sack to form your own opinion?

In the end, it's your own damn fault you fell for it. Rex protects his players and takes the pressure away from his players.

My advice to you, stop being so damn pi$$y when it was your own stupidity that put you in this predicament.
    Rex Ryan is a clown, couldn't land the HC job on the team that "loved" him so much, and look where they are now.

Everyone loves the up-and-coming coordinator. We loved Joe Walton. Until he became our head coach.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Rex Ryan is a clown, couldn't land the HC job on the team that "loved" him so much, and look where they are now.

Everyone loves the up-and-coming coordinator. We loved Joe Walton. Until he became our head coach.

SAR I
    YUP. An unknown DB coach from Philly has done more with the Ravens than Rex ever could. Rex can barely articulate a sentence. He absolutely cant identify real talent and cant coach up talent.

Sadder news ...there are probably only 12 HC's better.

Great Defensive mind..... that's it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you really want leaders, sons of *****es that will win at all costs and lead men into battle per his vision, I don't know how you'd want anyone other than Belichick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    we do get it he is a awesome dc but that is it he is not a good hc at all.

ps i was in the united state air force so i do get it.
    HOw long did it take him to become a great DC or was he one immediately? How many other rookie coaches got to a championship game, and their second year? All i can think of is Harbaugh and he has a much better team and everything else.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Thats exactly what they said about Belichick in Cleveland.

I'm glad he gets this one more chance for us to see if he is the HC we all thought he was a couple of years ago. It would suck if he learned all his lessons here and then goes and becomes the next John Madden somewhere else
    He might be making video games along with madden if he doesn't right the ship this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    I was in Baltimore last weekend. I told some of the Raven fans that I was a Jets fan and that I'd be rooting for them to beat NE. They immediately started talking about Rex and how much they loved him. It was odd.
    Did you then ask them who they would rather have as their HC, Rex or Harbaugh?

Many, many fans will "love" Rex. Ask them why and they'll probably mention
    how he would be a great guy to have a beer with.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    He might be making video games along with madden if he doesn't right the ship this year.
    Agreed, he's gotta show us something this year...If he doesn't Izzy should fire his ass

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Agreed, he's gotta show us something this year...If he doesn't Izzy should fire his ass
    I agree with this and I'm a Rex supporter.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    YUP. An unknown DB coach from Philly has done more with the Ravens than Rex ever could. Rex can barely articulate a sentence. He absolutely cant identify real talent and cant coach up talent.

Fitting you agree with SAR and Tex all the time

You are clueless, just like them

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Fitting you agree with SAR and Tex all the time

You are clueless, just like them

yeah...I side with the coach who groomed Flacco and develops his players to 2 AFC championships and a SB as well as the front office smart enough to pass on REX. I am an arse hole ....

Why won't I side with the 6 and 8 Rex? barely a 500 HC over 4 years regular season.

WOody loves fans who demand mediocrity.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

I'm sure it has nothing to do with Ozzie Newsome.

Harbaugh wasn't there when they drafted Lewis, Reed, Suggs, or Ngata.

Btw, are you sure Harbaugh can do more than Rex ever could? Why don't you name the coaches who have done more with a QB as bad as this:

12 TDs/20 INTs/53.8% Comp. Per./8 Fumbles/63.0 rating.

Go ahead, we'll wait.

Also, Terrell Suggs, former DPOY, disagrees with your assessment that "Rex Ryan can't coach up talent."

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    I'm sure it has nothing to do with Ozzie Newsome.

Harbaugh wasn't there when they drafted Lewis, Reed, Suggs, or Ngata.

Btw, are you sure Harbaugh can do more than Rex ever could? Why don't you name the coaches who have done more with a QB as bad as this:

12 TDs/20 INTs/53.8% Comp. Per./8 Fumbles/63.0 rating.

Go ahead, we'll wait.

Also, Terrell Suggs, former DPOY, disagrees with your assessment that "Rex Ryan can't coach up talent."

According to the Bean Counter it's Rex' fault Mark hasn't developed into a franchise guy

According to the Bean Counter and his Pals mark hasn't had enough playmakers around him

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    players like Lewis, Suggs, Reed, Ngata, Revis, Cromartie will flourish under any coach.
    I've still yet to see Rex take "scrap heap" guys and make them good players.
    Rex can take talented players and put them in a position to allow them to do their thing. But he's not very good at developing talent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez's issues fall directly on himself, when guys are open on slants, short crosses, comebacks and screens he consistently misses them...Those are a QB's easiest throws and somehow we found the guy who can't make them...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    Military leadership is the process of influencing others to accomplish the mission by providing purpose, direction, and motivation.

Command is the authority a person in the military service lawfully exercises over subordinates by virtue of his rank and assignment or position.

The basic responsibilities of a leader are: Accomplishment of the mission and the welfare of the soldiers.

The most fundamental and important organizational technique used by military is the chain of command.

The chain of command is the sequence of commanders in an organization who have direct authority and primary responsibility for accomplishing the assigned unit mission while caring for personnel and property in their charge.

I don't see any similarity between Rex and a military leader.
    Ah, another by the book an the numbers man. Have a question , refer to the book everything you need is there. Need the meaning of leadership, look it up and quote it.