Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aroid Linked to PED's As Recently as 2012

Aroid Linked to PED's As Recently as 2012

Report: Alex Rodriguez, Nelson Cruz, Melky Cabrera, Gio Gonzalez linked to PEDs as late as 2012
    An explosive, detailed report by the Miami New Times names Alex Rodriguez among a slew of pro sports players linked to a Miami-area doping company, with evidence that Rodriguez used performance-enhancing drugs as recently as the 2012 season.

Two MLB players previously thought clean – Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz and Nationals ace Gio Gonzalez – were also named in logs reviewed by the New Times, as were Melky Cabrera, Yasmani Grandal and Bartolo Colon, all of whom were suspended for taking banned substances last season.

Rodriguez had previously admitted to using steroids, but claimed he had only used them from 2001-2003, while he was playing for the Rangers.

Rodriguez's name appears 16 times throughout the records New Times looked at during their investigation, as either “Alex Rodriguez”, “Alex Rod” or a nickname, “Cacique.” The mentions of Rodriguez begin in 2009 and continue through the 2012 season, naming the exact regimen the star slugger is alleged to have taken, including banned substances such as HGH and IGF-1.

A-Rod's cousin, Yuri Sucart, whom he named as the person who procured him PEDs during his 2009 confession, also appears in the logs.

The New Times notes that former employees also recall that the company's owner “would openly brag about selling drugs to Rodriguez.”

The names were found among several notebooks detailing clients of the doping company.

The Miami connection first came into the spotlight when ex-Dodgers slugger Manny Ramirez tested positive for a banned substance. Ramirez claimed that the substance had been prescribed to him by a “personal doctor,” was later identified as Pedro Bosch. Pedro's son, Anthony, is alleged to be at the head of the Miami doping ring.
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...2012-1.4527840

Jets Insider VIP
    Alex Rodriguez cheating? I dont believe it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Based on his performance he must have been taking the wrong drugs. This could be a blessing in disguise for the Yankees. It this is proven they may be able to void his contract.

Hall Of Fame
    What else is new.

What I find strange is why he is the only one that keeps getting outed.

I am an Arod fan. I am not one of these Yankees fans that hates the guy. 2009 never happens without him. I actually like him and I don't care about athletes and PEDs. That said, I hope the Yanks can use this to void his contract and move one. Might be best for all parties involved. Arod needs to go into hiding for a couple of years.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    This could be a blessing in disguise for the Yankees. It this is proven they may be able to void his contract.
    I'm hoping they are behind this, to be honest. Whats owed to Alex is beyond obscene.

Oh, and Ernie.

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I'm hoping they are behind this, to be honest. Whats owed to Alex is beyond obscene.

Oh, and Ernie.

-
    Did you get your Klecko autograph yet?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Did you get your Klecko autograph yet?
    No. Only one serious response to the thread. Cant believe it. Thought there might be a "ringer" lurker who might jump in and save the day with a connection.

Forgery is not out of the question.

-

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What else is new.

What I find strange is why he is the only one that keeps getting outed.

I am an Arod fan. I am not one of these Yankees fans that hates the guy. 2009 never happens without him. I actually like him and I don't care about athletes and PEDs. That said, I hope the Yanks can use this to void his contract and move one. Might be best for all parties involved. Arod needs to go into hiding for a couple of years.

He's by far the biggest d**sh of those who keep getting outed, but he's not the only one. I'd bet the Yankees do everything they can to void his insane contract (haven't heard much from Hank Steinbrenner since that doozy)

2009 never happens without approx $a quarter billion in guaranteed money going to Tex, AJ Burnett and CC. That World Series win was purchased....

Add Arod to my self made list of Yankee frauds. Those who wore pinstripes but NEVER in my mind were Yankees. There are more but these guys come off the top of my head. FUKK AROD.

Wade Boggs
    AROD
    Clemens
    Randy Johnson
    Carl Pavano
    Jason Giambi

Jets Insider VIP

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    He's by far the biggest d**sh of those who keep getting outed, but he's not the only one. I'd bet the Yankees do everything they can to void his insane contract (haven't heard much from Hank Steinbrenner since that doozy)

2009 never happens without approx $a quarter billion in guaranteed money going to Tex, AJ Burnett and CC. That World Series win was purchased....
    I assume you root for the Metropolitans.

I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Add Arod to my self made list of Yankee frauds. Those who wore pinstripes but NEVER in my mind were Yankees. There are more but these guys come off the top of my head. FUKK AROD.

Wade Boggs
    AROD
    Clemens
    Randy Johnson
    Carl Pavano
    Jason Giambi

You weren't a fan of "the Giambino"? Oy vey.....

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I assume you root for the Metropolitans.

I feel your pain.

Yes, but intention wasn't to hate on the 09 Yankees, they're just the perfect example of a bought championship. Don't mean to derail the thread, as this latest Arod PED story will be front page news for awhile...

You weren't a fan of "the Giambino"? Oy vey.....
    FUKK no!

FRAUD

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Oh, and Ernie.

-
    They were the idiots who paid the guy. Screw them. They also signed all those other guys like Giambi. You really think these clowns didn't know what he was doing? Please. Yeah, the Yankees are always the innocent bystanders. Give me a break. And if it does happen where they can void the contract, MLB better not give them a break off the salary tax. If everything was in good faith, they signed the contract with him in good faith and as far as baseball and competition is concerned, that tax better stay with them.

Good to see someone else in this forum that gets it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Is the "Miami New Times" a real paper? I've never heard of it.

Edit:

The Miami New Times is a free weekly newspaper published in Miami and distributed every Thursday. It primarily serves the Miami area and is headquartered near Miami's Design District.[2]
    So its kind of like my high school paper - the Hilltop Beacon.
    Last edited by crasherino; 01-29-2013 at 04:44 PM.

All Pro
    ****ing knew something was up with Gio

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Wade Boggs
    AROD
    Clemens
    Randy Johnson
    Carl Pavano
    Jason Giambi
    Were Johnson and Pavano
    juicers? Pettite?

Jets Insider VIP
    Void.

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please