Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

Thread: Is WR Santonio Holmes Tradebale?

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Is WR Santonio Holmes Tradebale?

    1. Is he moveable under the Cap, would it/could it save us anything?

    2. Is he moveable at all? Would any other NFL want him?

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,439
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    1. Is he moveable under the Cap, would it/could it save us anything?

    2. Is he moveable at all? Would any other NFL want him?
    Movebale? Anybody is moveable if another team is willing to take them and we are willing to take the cap hit/dead money.

    Here is his salary info courtesy of Jason.
    http://nyjetscap.com/santonioholmes.html



    From the looks of that, I would say he is a virtual lock not to be on the team in 2014. This year, I think he will be a Jet.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Movebale? Anybody is moveable if another team is willing to take them and we are willing to take the cap hit/dead money.

    Here is his salary info courtesy of Jason.
    http://nyjetscap.com/santonioholmes.html

    More great contract work from our former "capologist". Kudos, Tannendunce.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,439
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    More great contract work from our former "capologist". Kudos, Tannendunce.
    All he ever did was rob Peter to pay Paul. I would be shocked if he ever got another job running the cap for a team.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    All he ever did was rob Peter to pay Paul. I would be shocked if he ever got another job running the cap for a team.
    I mean, WTF was his thinking? Those back loaded numbers for Holmes' deal are stunning.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,369
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's worth at least 3 bales


  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    1. Is he moveable under the Cap, would it/could it save us anything?

    2. Is he moveable at all? Would any other NFL want him?
    1) No.

    2) No.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    All he ever did was rob Peter to pay Paul. I would be shocked if he ever got another job running the cap for a team.
    tanny's moves were very selfish. he knew his time as gm was short so he did everything he could to get more room now even if it hurt the team for years. that's why he locked up sanchez last year, b/c he got a bit more room last year. he could have cared how he left the franchise if he got canned.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,439
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    tanny's moves were very selfish. he knew his time as gm was short so he did everything he could to get more room now even if it hurt the team for years. that's why he locked up sanchez last year, b/c he got a bit more room last year. he could have cared how he left the franchise if he got canned.
    Not to mention that he overpaid his own players. I can forgive the Holmes contract b.c teams overpay all the time in FA. But the Harris contract is what has really killed us. The idea of signing your guys that you drafted before they hit FA is that you save some $$$. I was OK with signing Harris b.c he was a good player but at the time I did complain about overpaying him.

    He tried to keep all the top players he drafted and pay them well which is pretty much impossible to do w/o destroying the cap AND thinning the roster. And with the Jets it proved to be impossible b.c we are in cap hell and have a thin roster. We are very top heavy in terms of contracts and some of those guys are under-performing.

    We are going to end up with a ton of cap room in 2014 if we don't sign anybody this year and shed Pace, Scott, Harris, Holmes between now and then. But we will have a lot of spots to fill. If Idzik knows what he is doing we could have a quick turnaround. Our cap problems are really only for 2013.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,017
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is another player the Jets should trade before the deadline if he is having a good year. It didn't happen with Keller this season because he was hurt..



    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks like we're gonna have to wait till 2014 to purge this team of underachievers and malcontents.

    1- Holmes gone 2014
    2- Sanchez gone
    3- Rex gone

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,472
    Post Thanks / Like
    I might not be a genius but it appears we'd save 1.25M by cutting him this year.

    The problem is finding a guy to fit in at 1.25M and play the position.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not to mention that he overpaid his own players. I can forgive the Holmes contract b.c teams overpay all the time in FA. But the Harris contract is what has really killed us. The idea of signing your guys that you drafted before they hit FA is that you save some $$$. I was OK with signing Harris b.c he was a good player but at the time I did complain about overpaying him.

    He tried to keep all the top players he drafted and pay them well which is pretty much impossible to do w/o destroying the cap AND thinning the roster. And with the Jets it proved to be impossible b.c we are in cap hell and have a thin roster. We are very top heavy in terms of contracts and some of those guys are under-performing.

    We are going to end up with a ton of cap room in 2014 if we don't sign anybody this year and shed Pace, Scott, Harris, Holmes between now and then. But we will have a lot of spots to fill. If Idzik knows what he is doing we could have a quick turnaround. Our cap problems are really only for 2013.
    Heh, you were the guys who thought he was a god because he never had to let good guys go and was able to sign new guys every year. But don't just blame him, all three deserve some of the blame. Woody wanted to sell psls, Rex knew he had a window with guys in their late 20s, and Tanny loved being refered to as a cap genius. We don't know if he told woody what problems his FA binge would cause.

    In 2014 the cap situation will be great. They will extend wilkenson and Kerley
    with front loaded contracts to keep the number low in later years. Maybe extend Cro, get a couple of guys like Maclin, harvin, James Jones, Scott Chandler

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I might not be a genius
    I'd say you're definitely not one.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok can we list other players we can trade? David Harris for instance what would the cap hit be. Basically if Idzik can tell me that the next 2 yrs are geared toward the Super Bowl/Retirement party for Belicheat/Brady & the Pats then lets do it. Tanny's problem was believing the Jets were a couple of players away from winning the Super Bowl and not focusing on sustaining that run and adding depth thrru the draft. IMO He thought last year we be the defending Super Bowl champs, so all the crappy contracts and the "Revis" situation would be the cost of winning

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,472
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    I'd say you're definitely not one.
    You got a big S... it should have been a little s. Does this bother you?

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    You got a big S... it should have been a little s. Does this bother you?
    To be honest, yeah it kind of does.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I mean, WTF was his thinking? Those back loaded numbers for Holmes' deal are stunning.
    It is beyond incomprehensible Borgo. The Sanchez extension, and Santoni-HO deal are absolutely, mindblowingly stupid.

    Those 2 signings/extension are the #1,#2 worse moves I have witnessed the franchise make in the past decade, including ALL draft selections, even the Gholston's and Nugents'.

    The Jets are so handicapped by these two turdballs, that there is close to zero chance for success here in the 2013.

    So sad. Still we must persevere, right?

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    I'd say you're definitely not one.
    What happened to Braumeister? Locked and gagged in a closet?

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't wait until that low character clown #2 Wr masquerading as a #1 guy is off the team. I'd take McCairens over him.....well maybe not but....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us