Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is WR Santonio Holmes Tradebale?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watch holmes have a career year in 2013 so the Jets extend then he goes back to his old ways..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I can't wait until that low character clown #2 Wr masquerading as a #1 guy is off the team. I'd take McCairens over him.....well maybe not but....
    Really? I'm thinking Doug Jolley myself...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    he will almost certainly be cut after the 2013 season. That 2014 team could be really interesting. Very possible no suckchez, revis, holmes, and possibly no rex too for 2014. Should have a ton of cap space too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    tanny's moves were very selfish. he knew his time as gm was short so he did everything he could to get more room now even if it hurt the team for years. that's why he locked up sanchez last year, b/c he got a bit more room last year. he could have cared how he left the franchise if he got canned.
    Very selfish and very shortsighted decision making.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Heh, you were the guys who thought he was a god because he never had to let good guys go and was able to sign new guys every year. But don't just blame him, all three deserve some of the blame. Woody wanted to sell psls, Rex knew he had a window with guys in their late 20s, and Tanny loved being refered to as a cap genius. We don't know if he told woody what problems his FA binge would cause.

In 2014 the cap situation will be great. They will extend wilkenson and Kerley
    with front loaded contracts to keep the number low in later years. Maybe extend Cro, get a couple of guys like Maclin, harvin, James Jones, Scott Chandler
    If what you say is true, then Tanny didn't really do such a bad job with the cap. If all it takes is to go through 2013 and shed pricey deals for Scott, Pace, Smith, Smith, etc. and in 2014 the Jets are good to go, that's not the worst cap management.

His real crime - which is what got him fired - is his inability to find a QB and compounding that error by extending him. If Sanchez had simply an above average year this year (lets say....Andy Dalton-esque), the Jets would be in perfectly fine shape. A little strapped on the cap this year, but they would have their QB for the near future, they'd shed the dead weight of Scott, Pace, etc. and they'd be OK for the future.

Tanny made some bad deals, for sure (I've always said, Harris is the most inexplicable). But, those weren't fatal. Sanchez was.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    To be honest, yeah it kind of does.
    It's a shame... really.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He only has like 4mil left on his signing bonus the rest is movable. Theoretically we could save over 8 mil if we could trade him. I think he could be traded but many jets fans will say no. He is not a top WR so 8 mil is a high salary for someone to take.
    If Holmes is on the Jets roster in the middle of February 2012 his 2013 dead money will increase by $7,500,000.
    That 7.5 is moveable in trade. But there are a few teams out there in such bad shape at WR maybe they would pull the trigger. Yeah SL is not going to be calling but SD, Cleveland, Miami, Minni, KC, and NE are all teams that could use his ability to improve more then us. None of them have viable #2s and a few of them may be loosing there #1s who if they even have one. Yes though injury, high salary, and attitude may scare anyone away. He is a clutch redzone guy that even a team like Philly may look at.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would take a 7th round pick in 2025 for him if it means hes gone. Dump all the trash this year and start fresh in 2014. I know it wont happen because Rex will "Coach to win/save his job", but its what SHOULD happen for the future of the franchise...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    tanny's moves were very selfish. he knew his time as gm was short so he did everything he could to get more room now even if it hurt the team for years. that's why he locked up sanchez last year, b/c he got a bit more room last year. he could have cared how he left the franchise if he got canned.
    More and more we see how irresponsible Tanny was with the cap situation. Holmes and Harris are quite overpaid and virtually immovable for the time being. Oh well....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The question is why would we want to get rid of him? He wouldn't save much money, if any, and the WCO is the exact type of offense that Holmes would thrive in. If Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez are getting one more shot, Holmes should have at least two on his plate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He only has like 4mil left on his signing bonus the rest is movable. Theoretically we could save over 8 mil if we could trade him. I think he could be traded but many jets fans will say no. He is not a top WR so 8 mil is a high salary for someone to take. That 7.5 is moveable in trade. But there are a few teams out there in such bad shape at WR maybe they would pull the trigger. Yeah SL is not going to be calling but SD, Cleveland, Miami, Minni, KC, and NE are all teams that could use his ability to improve more then us. None of them have viable #2s and a few of them may be loosing there #1s who if they even have one. Yes though injury, high salary, and attitude may scare anyone away. He is a clutch redzone guy that even a team like Philly may look at.
    First, what do you mean the pats don't have a #2? Lloyd had 74 rec and 900 yards as the 4th receiving option. And how can a guy that complains to the media can ever play for the pats?

And if you think any team wants that ****bird on their team at anything more than 1mill, I don't know what to say. Pitt didn't want him, now the jets don't want him. Why do you think all Pitt got was a late pick for him coming off a 1000 yard season when he was only making 1mill a year.?
    Last edited by patman; 01-29-2013 at 09:45 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    He's worth at least 3 bales ]
    I can't believe you went to the trouble of downloading and posting that pic
    It's sort of like trade bait and tradeable all together isn't it?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He only has like 4mil left on his signing bonus the rest is movable. Theoretically we could save over 8 mil if we could trade him. I think he could be traded but many jets fans will say no. He is not a top WR so 8 mil is a high salary for someone to take. That 7.5 is moveable in trade. But there are a few teams out there in such bad shape at WR maybe they would pull the trigger. Yeah SL is not going to be calling but SD, Cleveland, Miami, Minni, KC, and NE are all teams that could use his ability to improve more then us. None of them have viable #2s and a few of them may be loosing there #1s who if they even have one. Yes though injury, high salary, and attitude may scare anyone away. He is a clutch redzone guy that even a team like Philly may look at.
    Financially you may be spot on...but can't see anyone trading for Holmes coming off his particular injury.

Recovery from something like an ACL injury is fairly routine these days...but a LisFranc injury? Holmes may never be the same again. Recovery from Lis Franc injuries or mid-foot ligament sprains/fractures are not very predictable.

The Jets may cut Holmes, but no one is trading for him if they have a medical staff worth a damn.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I might not be a genius but it appears we'd save 1.25M by cutting him this year.

The problem is finding a guy to fit in at 1.25M and play the position.
    HolMEs is not even in the top 50% of recievers plus he's a cancer. Save the $1.25 mil and dump the dork, a great move.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He wouldn't get any value worth trading. I think you are better off keeping him and hoping heproduces next season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    First, what do you mean the pats don't have a #2? Lloyd had 74 rec and 900 yards as the 4th receiving option. And how can a guy that complains to the media can ever play for the pats?

And if you think any team wants that ****bird on their team at anything more than 1mill, I don't know what to say. Pitt didn't want him, now the jets don't want him. Why do you think all Pitt got was a late pick for him coming off a 1000 yard season when he was only making 1mill a year.?
    Lloyd is just about the worst starter in the league IMO. He was a downgrade from Branch. He is anther over the hill guy that only had one good year. I'd actually take BE over him and that is saying a lot. Wes is a FA you guys have nothing left at WR. Youd be lucky to have Holmes IMO. He is tons better then Lloyd. How could you have watched him all you and STILL think Lloyd is worth a wood penny? He is a one trip pony and he isn't even good at that anymore. Look how much better SL and Bradford played this year with WRs that actually ran patters. SD and NE without Wes may be the 2 worst WR cores this off season. Gisele was right to blast this team last year for it's sad WR core. You have the best QB in the game and give him next to no WRs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    Financially you may be spot on...but can't see anyone trading for Holmes coming off his particular injury.

Recovery from something like an ACL injury is fairly routine these days...but a LisFranc injury? Holmes may never be the same again. Recovery from Lis Franc injuries or mid-foot ligament sprains/fractures are not very predictable.

The Jets may cut Holmes, but no one is trading for him if they have a medical staff worth a damn.
    Not saying it will happen just that it could. I doubt we cut him. He is worth more to us then 1.5 mil. Hunter, Shotty, and Sanchez are all gone or should be so it is a fresh start for him IMO. He will get cut next year he knows it so look for him to play like this is a contract year. Which lets face it it is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lloyd is just about the worst starter in the league IMO. He was a downgrade from Branch. He is anther over the hill guy that only had one good year. I'd actually take BE over him and that is saying a lot. Wes is a FA you guys have nothing left at WR. Youd be lucky to have Holmes IMO. He is tons better then Lloyd. How could you have watched him all you and STILL think Lloyd is worth a wood penny? He is a one trip pony and he isn't even good at that anymore. Look how much better SL and Bradford played this year with WRs that actually ran patters. SD and NE without Wes may be the 2 worst WR cores this off season. Gisele was right to blast this team last year for it's sad WR core. You have the best QB in the game and give him next to no WRs.
    Were you drinking last night?

74 rec and 900 yards is the worse starter in the league? You know he ranked 20th in receptions in the entire league?

Do you understand that he is the 4th option in the passing game. Do you understand that Homes only had one year in his entire career that he exceeded those numbers? Even while he was either the #1 or #2 passing option.

He gets paid only 4mill yearly including bonuses. He joined St Louis 1/2 way thru the one year he was there and still caught 50 passes for 700 yards.

It is fine to hate, I can understand that. But this post makes no sense.

Do you think Welker will leave?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    he will almost certainly be cut after the 2013 season. That 2014 team could be really interesting. Very possible no suckchez, revis, holmes, and possibly no rex too for 2014. Should have a ton of cap space too.
    It will be 2009 all over again, minus Revis.

Rookie HC, 1st round QB.

Hopefully this time we can find a HC who can coach the ENTIRE team and a QB who isn't a complete waste of space unless everyone around him is a veteran All-Pro.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    It will be 2009 all over again, minus Revis.

Rookie HC, 1st round QB.

Hopefully this time we can find a HC who can coach the ENTIRE team and a QB who isn't a complete waste of space unless everyone around him is a veteran All-Pro.
    If you ask Rex, or listen to what he said in the post-mortem, 2013 is Year 1 for him and Sanchez all over again.