Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rob Ryan OUT in ST Loius

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone want to guess what the irreconcilable differences might have been?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Anyone want to guess what the irreconcilable differences might have been?
    My guess is that Fisher and Ryan disagreed on who would call the defense or whose philosophy would be used.

Both are very headstrong.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He wuz at da club?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Rob Ryan not going to Rams after all

The St. Louis Rams are back in the market for a defensive coordinator.

It’s been more than two weeks since it was assumed Rob Ryan would be hired as the club’s coordinator and a good week since all indications were, yes, Jeff Fisher was going to hire him to orchestrate the team’s defense.

So much for those plans. Because it sure doesn’t look like Ryan signed a contract.

The franchise went to the length this morning of announcing that Ryan WILL NOT work for the Rams this coming season.

“After extensive conversations regarding defensive philosophy, the Rams and Rob Ryan agreed he was not the right fit for the DC position,” the Rams announced via their Twitter handle.

“The #Rams will conitnue (sic) the interview process with the club's other candidates for the defensive coordinator position.”

So, the man who was going to be out of work only five minutes after being fired by the Dallas Cowboys is still seeking employment. The Rams, meanwhile, are still working to replace the defensive coordinator – Gregg Williams – that they didn’t have last season. Yes, this one is a little bizarre.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-Rob-Ryan.html

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    My guess is that Fisher and Ryan disagreed on who would call the defense or whose philosophy would be used.

Both are very headstrong.
    The word here in St Louis is that Rob Ryan was not a good fit for the defensive scheme the Rams want to run. Whatever that means.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    The St. Louis Rams are back in the market for a defensive coordinator.

It’s been more than two weeks since it was assumed Rob Ryan would be hired as the club’s coordinator and a good week since all indications were, yes, Jeff Fisher was going to hire him to orchestrate the team’s defense.

So much for those plans. Because it sure doesn’t look like Ryan signed a contract.

The franchise went to the length this morning of announcing that Ryan WILL NOT work for the Rams this coming season.

“After extensive conversations regarding defensive philosophy, the Rams and Rob Ryan agreed he was not the right fit for the DC position,” the Rams announced via their Twitter handle.

“The #Rams will conitnue (sic) the interview process with the club's other candidates for the defensive coordinator position.”

So, the man who was going to be out of work only five minutes after being fired by the Dallas Cowboys is still seeking employment. The Rams, meanwhile, are still working to replace the defensive coordinator – Gregg Williams – that they didn’t have last season. Yes, this one is a little bizarre.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-Rob-Ryan.html
    Maybe he couldn't pass the background check?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anywhere but here- we have our hands full with Rex.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STL Jet fan View Post
    The word here in St Louis is that Rob Ryan was not a good fit for the defensive scheme the Rams want to run. Whatever that means.
    Rams have been. 4-3 team Robs been a 3-4 guy? I think Fisher has been a
    4-3 guy in the past.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, he was the Rams Defensive coordinator as long as Bill Bellicheck was the Jets head coach before leaving for New England.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can see Woody wanting to have Rob as the LB coach because it would put the Jets on the back pages every single week. The Ryan Brothers together in New York? You can't buy that kind of advertising... Or can you?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand. Rob said he was only going to be unemployed for 5 minutes. What happened?

MISTAKES WERE MADE.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    I can see Woody wanting to have Rob as the LB coach because it would put the Jets on the back pages every single week. The Ryan Brothers together in New York? You can't buy that kind of advertising... Or can you?
    from a purely football standpoint, I'd love to have Rob as our linebackers coach.

but the media scrutiny would be off the charts, it would do more harm than good. pass.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I have no problem with bringing in Rob Ryan as Jets LB coach. All of my cowboy fan friends are still upset the Cowboys let him go.

+1

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    from a purely football standpoint, I'd love to have Rob as our linebackers coach.

but the media scrutiny would be off the charts, it would do more harm than good. pass.
    I think Rex handles the media very well. That tatoo fiasco was well played. I thought at first they scared him off of Tebow but now realize he just hates the guy. Rob would be MUCH better than what we have now. Can't believe he's still around.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Maybe he couldn't pass the background check?
    My first thought was that he failed the pre-employment mandatory drug test.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I can't wait for Rob to get here as JI will be out of control. Also if they add Mike Tice it's going to be fun watching the sideline's next season. Can't wait!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    lol that would be amazing to watch.