Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Thread: Rob Ryan OUT in ST Loius

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    So the clock continues to tick.
    Must be the same clock Dick Curl used to use.

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,633
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Must be the same clock Dick Curl used to use.
    I think it might be the clock ticking on Brady's career

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    674
    Two mouths are better than one.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I think it might be the clock ticking on Brady's career

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I can't wait for Rob to get here as JI will be out of control. Also if they add Mike Tice it's going to be fun watching the sideline's next season. Can't wait!

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    bring buddy ryan in as a consultant too!

    then sign jamarcus russell, keep tebow, sign TO and chad Johnson, yes!!!

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,194
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    bring buddy ryan in as a consultant too!

    then sign jamarcus russell, keep tebow, sign TO and chad Johnson, yes!!!
    Yes that would be some sight to behold. Really though I could see Tice getting into a brawl with either. Must see!

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I have no problem with bringing in Rob Ryan as LB coach. All of my cowboy fan friends are still upset the Cowboys let him go.

    I think he would make a really good college head coach.
    I live here... They could care less that he's gone.

  8. #28
    Hey, next year is going to suck. Its a lost season.
    So if we are going to be that bad, I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!

    Hire Rob Ryan as Asst HC/LBs
    Hire Mike Tice as OL coach
    Hire Buddy Ryan as Senior Consultant
    Hire Jerry Glanville as OLB Coach

  9. #29
    I don't know if Rob would want to work under Rex (no jokes please). Each brother is filled with too much pride to take subservient jobs.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I don't know if Rob would want to work under Rex (no jokes please). Each brother is filled with too much pride to take subservient jobs.
    I agree to an extent.The problem is that Rob Ryan's options in the NFL are limited. Only 3 d-coordinator jobs are available in the NFL right now. Eagles,Saints and Rams. Obviously, Rob is not going to St.Louis. It would make for an interesting story if he got the Philly job because of his dad's past ties to that team. Rob has to be angling for that Saints job. It's an ideal job for him. If these jobs are filled without him. That only leaves an assistant's type job. The Jets just happen to have the assistant head coaching tag available and they could assign it to Rob.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    I agree to an extent.The problem is that Rob Ryan's options in the NFL are limited. Only 3 d-coordinator jobs are available in the NFL right now. Eagles,Saints and Rams. Obviously, Rob is not going to St.Louis. It would make for an interesting story if he got the Philly job because of his dad's past ties to that team. Rob has to be angling for that Saints job. It's an ideal job for him. If these jobs are filled without him. That only leaves an assistant's type job. The Jets just happen to have the assistant head coaching tag available and they could assign it to Rob.
    Asst Head Coach is not a real opening ... is a gestural tag given to asst coaches to make them feel better. Its not a real opening or title.

  12. #32
    Rex said he made a mistake by only imprinting his personality on the defense in the past. The quickest way for him to imprint his personality on both sides of the ball is making sure there is 2 of him in the building.

    If rob is always in the defensive room maybe Rex can spend more time with the offense.

  13. #33
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,682
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    He'll have a job in 5 minutes.
    He didn't say WHAT KIND of job.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    It would be funny if The Pats hired Rob Ryan as their new defensive coordinator. He was there and won rings in 2000-2003.

    Imagine that Rex going up against Pettine in Buffalo and his own twin brother in New England twice a season each.

    It seems crazy but in a year from now, Rex Ryan could be shaking hands with Belichick and joining his staff.
    Jets could do worse than hiring Rob Ryan. Let Idzik do the interviews and hire Rob if he feels it could work with input from Rex of course. Why not?

  15. #35
    This means very little to me now with the news that Twinkies are almost saved!

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...usaolp00000003

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Asst Head Coach is not a real opening ... is a gestural tag given to asst coaches to make them feel better. Its not a real opening or title.
    Rob Ryan would be assistant head coach and linebackers coach. He would certainlyhave input on the defense.

    Greg Williams just took Titans job in same manner.

  17. #37
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Just heard on ESPN.............

    NOT A GOOD FIT per Fischer.

    You watch....he'll be our DB coach and the circus will continue.
    Huge snub.

    SAR I

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Huge snub.

    SAR I
    Fischer is smarter than Woody!

  19. #39
    @ProFootballWkly: RT @jthom1: Rams expected to reach out to recently fired Cleveland defensive coordinator Dick Jauron for their now vacant DC job.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ProFootballWkly: RT @jthom1: Rams expected to reach out to recently fired Cleveland defensive coordinator Dick Jauron for their now vacant DC job.
    Hehe. Whenever I think of Jauron, I go back to 2008 when he HC'd the Bills and gave us a victory because of Shaun Ellis picking off Trent Edwards.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us