- Tim Tebow, Athlete

NOT RESIGNED

- Laron Landry, S (simply cant afford)
    - Matt Slauson, OG
    - Barandon Moore, OG
    - Dustin Keller, TE
    - Shonn Greene

RESIGNED

- Yeremiah Bell, S (comes cheaper than Landry)
    - Braylon Edwards, WR
    - Nick Folk, K
    - Mike DeVito, DL
    - Austin Howard, RT

FA SIGNINGS

- Matt Moore, QB
    - Larry Grant, LB

TRADES

- Darelle Revis to Tampa Bay for 2013 1st and 3rd Rd picks plus 2014 2nd Rd.
    - Trade TB 1st Rd Pick (313 overall) to Jacksonville for 2013 2nd, 3rd, and 5th rd picks and 2014 2nd rd pick
    - Trade Joe McKnight for 2013 6th round pick and conditional 2014 late round pick

2013 DRAFT

1. Barkevious Mingo, OLB
    2a. Barrett Jones, LG
    2b. Larry Worford, RG
    3a. Vance McDonald, TE
    3b. Stepfan Taylor, RB
    3c. Baccari Rambo, FS
    4. Corey Lemonier, OLB/DE
    5a. Leon McFadden, CB
    5b. Keith Pough, ILB
    6a. Montori Hughes, NT
    6b. Miguel Maysonet, RB
    7. Quanterus Smith, OLB

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Impressive plan, my biggest problem is with all of those #2 & #3 picks
    you've got to draft a QB

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    CUTs

- Eric Smith, S
    - Jason Smith, OT
    - Bart Scott, LB
    - Bryan Thomas, LB
    - Calvin Pace, LB
    - Sione Pouha, NT
    - Tim Tebow, Athlete

NOT RESIGNED

- Laron Landry, S (simply cant afford)
    - Matt Slauson, OG
    - Barandon Moore, OG
    - Dustin Keller, TE
    - Shonn Greene

RESIGNED

- Yeremiah Bell, S (comes cheaper than Landry)
    - Braylon Edwards, WR
    - Nick Folk, K
    - Mike DeVito, DL
    - Austin Howard, RT

FA SIGNINGS

- Matt Moore, QB
    - Larry Grant, LB

TRADES

- Darelle Revis to Tampa Bay for 2013 1st and 3rd Rd picks plus 2014 2nd Rd.
    - Trade TB 1st Rd Pick (313 overall) to Jacksonville for 2013 2nd, 3rd, and 5th rd picks and 2014 2nd rd pick
    - Trade Joe McKnight for 2013 6th round pick and conditional 2014 late round pick

2013 DRAFT

1. Barkevious Mingo, OLB
    2a. Barrett Jones, LG
    2b. Larry Worford, RG
    3a. Vance McDonald, TE
    3b. Stepfan Taylor, RB
    3c. Baccari Rambo, FS
    4. Corey Lemonier, OLB/DE
    5a. Leon McFadden, CB
    5b. Keith Pough, ILB
    6a. Montori Hughes, NT
    6b. Miguel Maysonet, RB
    7. Quanterus Smith, OLB
    Outstanding plan!

LOL Tim Tebow, Athlete.

I was going to write something similar, actually.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Impressive plan, my biggest problem is with all of those #2 & #3 picks
    you've got to draft a QB
    I hear you, but i am not that impressed with the crop of QBs coming out this year. I dont see anyone who can step in and start this year and while some guys have potential I dont see them as sure bet quality starting QBs.

This draft is deep in other areas that we have problems with and i think we should stock up. We likely wont be very good next year and with a high draft pick (plus some extra picks we could package) we could get a better QB prospect in 2014.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting thinking and I like most of it. I would like to get another WR somewhere in there though at least in the middle rounds. One injury and we are back to looking for duds like Jason Hill to fill a spot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Interesting thinking and I like most of it. I would like to get another WR somewhere in there though at least in the middle rounds. One injury and we are back to looking for duds like Jason Hill to fill a spot.
    Thanks.
    What I tried to do is fill many of the holes we have with guys who not only are talented, but are hard working, high character, dedicated players who love playing football (Mangini types) and will develop into leaders on this team. We desperately need these type of players (which is why I also think we should resign Devito).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    not a big fan of the draft, but i don't hate it!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    12 picks and not one QB or WR?

2 guards in round 2?

And it makes no sense to trade McKnight for a 6 only to take another RB there.

Sorry but I hate this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

2 guards in round 2?

Sorry but I hate this.
    i agree. give me a guy like marquis goodwin in the 3rd, for starters.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

2 guards in round 2?

Sorry but I hate this.
    This draft is very weak in QBs and WRs. There is no need to reach.
    Yes 2 guards in round 2. Why? This is a very deep draft in OGs and we have a glaring need for 2 OGs. Jones and Worford can be plugged in right away to immediately fill 2 needs with players that will likely be quality starters for the next 8-9 years, will desperately help our run game which in turn will help the passing game. Can you confidently say the same for any WR or QBs in this draft?

McKnight is a douchebag slacker who is easily replaced. Maysonet gives us a high character hard working change of pace back with the same skill set. We need more of those types on this team.

Dont apologize for hating my mock. Just a difference in opinion on how to build the team that we both love.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i agree. give me a guy like marquis goodwin in the 3rd, for starters.
    I like Goodwin but he wont make this team that much better.
    We have glaring problems with the running game and our 2 guards are part of the problem. We have terrible LBs, no TE and we are losing our safeties. A speedster to play slot and return kicks/punts wont make nearly as much a difference as revamping the O-line and LBs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This draft is very weak in QBs and WRs. There is no need to reach.
    Yes 2 guards in round 2. Why? This is a very deep draft in OGs and we have a glaring need for 2 OGs. Jones and Worford can be plugged in right away to immediately fill 2 needs with players that will likely be quality starters for the next 8-9 years, will desperately help our run game which in turn will help the passing game. Can you confidently say the same for any WR or QBs in this draft?

McKnight is a douchebag slacker who is easily replaced. Maysonet gives us a high character hard working change of pace back with the same skill set. We need more of those types on this team.

Dont apologize for hating my mock. Just a difference in opinion on how to build the team that we both love.
    It's hard to say reach on a QB or WR when you just skipped over both positions. In this case, it's hard to know who would go where. But give me Robert Woods in Warfords spot.

They don't need top 60 picks at 4 of 5 OL positions. I think thats a waste. If the position is as deep as you say it is, they should be able to pick up a good player in the 4th or 5th. RB was a much bigger problem than the OL this year. Don't need a pro bowl type at both g spots to be successful.

And McKnight is not a slacker. He has grown from his rookie season. I think he is perfect for Marty's system, by the way.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I see us getting close to a 1 & 3 for Revis without the 2014 #2 also ... Hope you're right tho

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Goodwin but he wont make this team that much better.
    We have glaring problems with the running game and our 2 guards are part of the problem. We have terrible LBs, no TE and we are losing our safeties. A speedster to play slot and return kicks/punts wont make nearly as much a difference as revamping the O-line and LBs.
    the most glaring personnel problems on the jets are qb and offensive skill positions. drafting an olb in the first, 2 guards in the 2nd and no wrs does not address either of these issues. the returns of drafting two rookie guards will take longer than drafting one or two guys who actually score touchdowns. the giants make sure to draft offensive skill positions every year b/c they understand they need to score touchdowns to win.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't like Barrett Jones in Round 1 and I'm not a fan of Baccari Rambo at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the most glaring personnel problems on the jets are qb and offensive skill positions. drafting an olb in the first, 2 guards in the 2nd and no wrs does not address either of these issues. the returns of drafting two rookie guards will take longer than drafting one or two guys who actually score touchdowns. the giants make sure to draft offensive skill positions every year b/c they understand they need to score touchdowns to win.
    Drafting a QB and WR in the first 2 rounds when they dont merit such a high pick is not the way to build this team.

QB is a problem that we simply will not fix in FA or the draft this year. The talent is not there. So you do the next best thing, you fix the O-Line and running game. Not only will this help our QB in 2013, but it will be in place to help whoever the long term solution will be at QB in 2014 and beyond.

You mentioned the Giants as picking offensive skill positions every year but perennial playoff teams like NE, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Green Bay dont spend high picks on receivers and have done quite well.

This draft is deep in O-Line and DE/OLB. We have dire needs at both. You take the BPA regardless of position and thats what i believe i did.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Don't like Barrett Jones in Round 1 and I'm not a fan of Baccari Rambo at all.
    Jones went in round 2 not 1.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drafting a QB and WR in the first 2 rounds when they dont merit such a high pick is not the way to build this team.

QB is a problem that we simply will not fix in FA or the draft this year. The talent is not there. So you do the next best thing, you fix the O-Line and running game. Not only will this help our QB in 2013, but it will be in place to help whoever the long term solution will be at QB in 2014 and beyond.

You mentioned the Giants as picking offensive skill positions every year but perennial playoff teams like NE, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Green Bay dont spend high picks on receivers and have done quite well.

This draft is deep in O-Line and DE/OLB. We have dire needs at both. You take the BPA regardless of position and thats what i believe i did.
    not true. go check your drafts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

This is just off the top of my head, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong... And I'm sure there are a few missing from this list.

Torrey Smith was a 2nd round pick.

Pitt took Holmes and Burress each in the 1st round also picked Limas Sweed in 2nd.

Green Bay took Jennings, Nelson and Cobb in the 2nd.

NE traded a 2 for Welker and wasted a 2 on Chad Jackson (lol traded up with GB who took Jennings a few picks later)

SF took Crabtree and Davis in the top 10.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Outstanding plan!

LOL Tim Tebow, Athlete.

I was going to write something similar, actually.
    With 2b replace with Hopkins WR.

Love Quantanus Smith, Taylor hughes and McFadden Picks