Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idzik is Tanny. Tanny is Idzik.

"Make a Jet decision".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSPtSEIlp8A

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    I know this has been discussed before, but please explain to me again how the Favre move was a bad one. The Jets were 8-3 coming off a road win vs an undefeated Titans team. The team was rolling. Then Favre got hurt and the wheels came off. It might've been a move that didn't work out in the end, but it was hardly a bad one. Fact is, had Favre stayed healthy, the Jets probably head to the playoffs with home-field advantage.
    Fair point.

The four game skid at the end of the year (winning only one) where Favre was hurt was brutal. He put up a 2:9 TD:INT ratio, was under 60% completions in all but one game, and was held under 250 yards in each game. Before that, he was rocking a 20:13 TD:INT ratio with 70% completions and a 96 QB rating.

Maybe it was just me at the time, but I thought that during that summer we weren't just a 38 year old Brett Favre away from winning a Super Bowl. For 11 games, that team surprised me, namely how dominant the offensive line became and how Kris Jenkins was a borderline DMVP before he got hurt as well.

That being said, we still coughed up $12MM and a 3rd rounder for a one year rental. I wouldn't say it was a terrible move, but there was significant risk in doing the deal. If we could've convinced him to come back in '09, I thought our chances were better then than in '08. Mangini's defense in the last half of '08 just really rubbed me the wrong way.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    But if you think about Favre, and especially what he did with the Vikings, he clearly had something left in the tank. Ultimately I consider the Clemens and Sanchez misses to be his downfall.
    Not just the Sanchez draft pick as a miss, but more so the unnecessary extension. And the Tebow charade.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fair question.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Idzik is Tanny. Tanny is Idzik.

"Make a Jet decision".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSPtSEIlp8A
    Not this again.

I completely disagree for several reasons.

Idzik is more of a character guy than Tanny. He is also more concentrated on the draft and all of his picks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by YJF View Post
    Mike Tannenbaum was here for a long time. During the Jets best and most winningest era from 1997 to present day. If you look at his overall body of work. He did a very good job for the Jets team and I believe him fully when he says that a piece of him will always be a New York Jet.

Unfortunately, He did a brutal job the last two seasons. Specifically when it comes to contracts, an area where he excelled for a long time. Mike T got burned with the Sanchez and Holmes contracts and the Jets are still paying for it and Tannenbaum paid for it with his job. The Jets got so agonizingly close to the superbowl 2 years in a row and from there, Tannenbaum made questionable moves with the roster and with the cap. He left the team in a bad spot but overall, He was NOT a bad GM.
    This is it in a nutshell. Really couldn't be said any better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Not this again.

I completely disagree for several reasons.

Idzik is more of a character guy than Tanny. He is also more concentrated on the draft and all of his picks.
    They both make "Jet decisions".

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Tanny all class

Fatty trying to word questions to make Rex look bad
    The bloated blowhard is sticking to his script. He is so predictable and has to be the worst talk show host when it comes to actual sports knowledge and insider information. He's great at riling people up on the hot topics. That's his job and he's good at it but when it comes to informing the listener or providing intelligent viewpoints, The man is a joke. He gets exposed for the fraud that he is. He provides no insight or expertise and is driven by pointless vendettas.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They both make "Jet decisions".
    So? What does that mean? Bill Belichick makes Patriot decisions. Andy Reid is going to make Chiefs decisions.

What's your point?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    So? What does that mean? Bill Belichick makes Patriot decisions. Andy Reid is going to make Chiefs decisions.

What's your point?
    43+ years of "Jet decisions".

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lost vital old players.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by YJF View Post
    The man is a joke. He gets exposed for the fraud that he is. He provides no insight or expertise and is driven by pointless vendettas.
    Even to the end, he tries to put his own words into Tanny's mouth. Tanny is saying one thing, and Fatty still tries to re word it to satisfy his own agenda

I hate this interview

I'm glad we had Tanny leading the Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    43+ years of "Jet decisions".
    So drafting Joe Klecko and Marty Lyons were Jet decisions? Was picking Joe Namath a Jet deicision? Was hiring Bill Parcells a Jet decision?

It's like picking on the phrase "playing like a Jet"

So players like Marty Lyons, Curtis Martin, Marvin Jones, Joe Klecko, Al Toon, Kevin Mawae, Joe Namath, Don Maynard, Freeman McNeil, Aaron Glenn, Shuan Ellis etc. are bad players because they "played like Jets"?

Don't play word games with me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...
    Fatty specifically asking him if he feels he's getting too much of the blame, and if he feels he's being made the scapegoat, and how mi must be hard for Tanny not to lash out...
    But Tanny didn't take the bait and said "I made the final decisions, the buck stopped with me, and this is the change that Woody felt needed to be made..."
    How come he is not saying ANYTHING controversial?
    Is he being paid to keep his mouth shut?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I'm glad we had Tanny leading the Jets
    So are Pats fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    Wow...
    Fatty specifically asking him if he feels he's getting too much of the blame, and if he feels he's being made the scapegoat, and how mi must be hard for Tanny not to lash out...
    But Tanny didn't take the bait and said "I made the final decisions, the buck stopped with me, and this is the change that Woody felt needed to be made..."
    How come he is not saying ANYTHING controversial?
    He still wants to be in the business.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    But if you think about Favre, and especially what he did with the Vikings, he clearly had something left in the tank. Ultimately I consider the Clemens and Sanchez misses to be his downfall.
    Gholston was a huge swing and miss

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    Wow...

Maybe he's much smarter than you and many Jets fans give him credit from

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So are Pats fans.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fatty: "I think the agent Jimmy Sexton had a lot to do with the Jets getting Tebow..."
    Tanny: "That's just not true..."
    Tanny not giving an inch...