Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Tanny speaks!!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Offense is precision.

Defense is bowling, offense is a ballet. Mark Sanchez has never had a consistent set of weapons let alone good ones that other teams would envy.

SAR I

Of course. You've already set yourself up. There's a 30% chance Mark thrives in this new offensive system. And a 70% chance he fails. You've backed him a lot and rustled the jimmies of a lot of posters. You set the perfect probability balance to make you sound right if you win, and emotionally hedge if you lose. You never lose an argument, SAR, and you piss everyone off if you're wrong. Very genius. Bravo.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Did everyone hear Francesa was at Nance's wedding? He WAS at Nance's wedding. He WAS there. Sure you all heard that??? What a POS!!!
    Oooooooooooooh - see my avatar

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    Wow...
    Fatty specifically asking him if he feels he's getting too much of the blame, and if he feels he's being made the scapegoat, and how mi must be hard for Tanny not to lash out...
    But Tanny didn't take the bait and said "I made the final decisions, the buck stopped with me, and this is the change that Woody felt needed to be made..."
    How come he is not saying ANYTHING controversial?
    Is he being paid to keep his mouth shut?
    Because he's a professional. he always has been.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like Tanny wants to come back with the Jets haha.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Because he's a professional. he always has been.
    Woody gave him some nice hush hush cash

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    It's true. Tied to Parcells going there

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/19/sp...ers-again.html
    ty cmart

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    No, Sanchez has failed, lol. Whether or not he has failed forever is part of a different discussion. But his QB play contributed enough to cost Tanny his job. Along with Sparano and a bunch of other coaches. Polian did a great job with the Bills but built his reputation with Peyton at the helm, masking any mistakes he made. Tanny didn't have that luxury.
    Tanny was fired for many reasons, but the most important is the lack of talent on the roster. That is what contributed to Sanchez sucking last year and the team ultimately failing.
    Bad contracts, Bad trades, and bad record two straight years.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    You have a link? I don't believe that for a second. Unless one of his relatives works in Tampa.
    Ugh, it was reported everywhere.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Im not so sure Sanchez has failed yet. I know in the eyes of most he has, but I still think he will have success in the NFL again.

I always liked Tanny. Class guy and had guts. That goes a long way in my book. He did however make some really bad decisions the last two years and that does fall at his feet, he is or was the GM.
    He deserved to be fired.
    I always HATED Tannenloser. I never really thought he did the best for the Jets, but the best for his reputation. He wanted to be known for the trade, for the bold move. He coveted other teams players and needlessley tinkered with the bottom of the roster. He was an egomaniac primarily interested self promotion. He was not a football guy he was a politician. So glad he is gone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanny: "But I think Mark's career is far from over."[/QUOTE]

mark his words

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How many Division titles, AFC Championship titles and Super Bowl titles did the Jets win in Tanny's 7 years?

The correct answer is ZERO.
    Wait I thought none of that mattered to you before, now all of a sudden runner up is good enough for you? Oh how the mighty have fallen...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Wait I thought none of that mattered to you before, now all of a sudden runner up is good enough for you? Oh how the mighty have fallen...
    He flops back and forth all the time.

Another favorite is to claim that making the AFCCG is meaningless, yet points to the Pats playoff appearances when you point out that they haven't won squat since they were proven to have cheated their way to every tainted SB win.

Quite a funny dance....The Dance Of The Trolls..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just listened - why does he sound 1000% smarter the minute he's not with the Jets anymore?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Lol

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    He flops back and forth all the time.

Another favorite is to claim that making the AFCCG is meaningless, yet points to the Pats playoff appearances when you point out that they haven't won squat since they were proven to have cheated their way to every tainted SB win.

Quite a funny dance....The Dance Of The Trolls..
    Pats fans are irate over back to back AFC Championship game appearances that resulted in zero titles. Jets fans are delighted with that feat and want to give 10-year extensions to all those involved.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Pats fans are irate over back to back AFC Championship game appearances that resulted in zero titles. Jets fans are delighted with that feat and want to give 10-year extensions to all those involved.
    How the hell would you know?

Pats fans are irate? Not when it's pointed out that the Pats have won squat since we all discovered that they don't own a single championship that was won fairly.

But thanks for missing the point.

As usual, one of the worst trolls here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4799930]How many Division titles, AFC Championship titles and Super Bowl titles did the Jets win in Tanny's 7 years.

So he was no less a failure than the Pasts right?..there's 1 winner and 31 losers...congrats on being a loser,the next step is accepting it and having class

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez had very little to do with it.

The fact that Mike and Rex didn't give him any playmakers or decent backups is the bulk of the story.

Our offense sucks. We knew this coming out of Cortland last July, not rocket science here.

SAR I
    When a QB is as inaccurate and skittish in the pocket as Sanchez is, all the weapons in the NFL will not make him into a competent QB capable of winning a Super Bowl.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well said.

That's exactly the difference between Pats fans and the vast majority of Jets fans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess Bellicheck is next on the hot seat. Lets start the rebuilding process. Brady better not show his face around Boston, or he'll be wicked hurt. No extensions for anyone.