Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanny speaks!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame

Tanny on Fatty @ 4pm

Just heard he will be there in-person. Should be good.

If Tanny comes out bashing the Jets, the fatman will praise Tanny and ask "why would the Jets get rid of him when he did such a good job (Wilk/Coples etc.)

if tanny comes out and defends Woody and the Jets, the fatman will destroy Tanny for being a moron.

Hall Of Fame
    I expect to learn nothing.

I think Mike will go easy on Tanny bc I think Tanny has been the one feeding him info since his departure.

why would tanny agree to do this. if he starts passing the buck, he'll appear even worse. what does tanny stand to gain by doing this. to come clean and finally tell the truth?

All League
    If he's smart he'll stay above the obvious baiting Fatboy will try to suck him
    into. I'm sure Tanny wants to get back into an NFL front office, if that's true
    he doesn't want to turn into a "basher". No owner wants a basher in their
    front office

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    why would tanny agree to do this. if he starts passing the buck, he'll appear even worse. what does tanny stand to gain by doing this. to come clean and finally tell the truth?
    He'll be on Boomer & Carton tomorrow too

All Pro
    Tanny & Fatty has a good ring to it. "Only in the afternoons! Only on WFAN! Tanny & Fatty!! Weekdays from 1-6:30."

All League
    Tanny's a good man. He will not bash anyone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    If he's smart he'll stay above the obvious baiting Fatboy will try to suck him
    into. I'm sure Tanny wants to get back into an NFL front office, if that's true
    he doesn't want to turn into a "basher". No owner wants a basher in their
    front office
    Exactly. He can get himself blacklisted very easily if he doesn't watch what he says.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

no good will come out of this.....

... well, maybe an epic 14 page thread of crazed reactions.. but that's about it.

Tanny will simply state that he didn't get it done. Bottom line for whatever reason. He will also state that some things just didn't work out and that only 1 team hits their final goal each season. Company line blah blah stuff. We won't learn anything we didn't already know.

Well that kills any antiicipation that he would "come clean" on the fatman's show. He is sticking to the same story he has be telling for months.

All Pro
    Classy interview. I expected nothing else.

Ultimately, Tanny failed but he was a big part of earlier Jets successes. He did some good things while he was here. But it was time for him to go. I wish him the best of luck.

lol @ 'cost certainty'.

I have nothing but respect for Tannenbaum but I am glad he is gone. I wish him well.

Banned
    Well it was interesting to hear Tanny say that he had final say over every aspect of the team personnel wise. That kind of goes against everything some people on here and Fatscessa have been saying since the end of the year. Although, they will never acknowledge that. It should be an interesting interview with Tanny and Fat Boy, I'm sure fatty will press him on that issue b/c he has been screaming for the past month that every move the Jets made was made by Rex. Tanny's interview debunks that theory obviously.

It won't happen, but it would be interesting if Tannenbaum went after Francesa.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hindsight is 20/20.

All Pro
    I have to tell you, I have alot of respect for him. It is not like he meant for bad things to happen, but it did. He takes the results and the consequences like a man. I appreciate that with all the finger pointers in the world today.