Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanny speaks!!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Too bad Countrywide is still not around.

Tanny would do a great job back-loading all those Jumbo mortgages.
    Angelo could have used him!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to give Woody props for telling Sundquist the truth.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    For a guy talking responsability he used the word we regarding decisions more then a few times. Idzik is also a We guy. I guess we make decisions and if they go wrong I take responsability.
    Stop giving that tool credit.

Nobody made that idiot give Sanchez that stupid extension, and he was the only person in the NFL that wanted Teblow-
    Rex hates that lil b*tch and that much is obvious.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Bottom line, he missed on the QB position 2x. While not impossible, it's very tough to win consistently without drafting a good QB. Sanchez looked like he could grow into a good NFL QB, but it didn't happen, and that sunk Tannenbaum. A good QB can mask a lot of problems, you can only mask a bad QB for so long.
    the gholston, holmes and other decisions would have been forgiven if sanchez became even an andy dalton.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Stop giving that tool credit.

Nobody made that idiot give Sanchez that stupid extension, and he was the only person in the NFL that wanted Teblow-
    Rex hates that lil b*tch and that much is obvious.
    Give me a break I'm still wiping fecal matter off my lips from the Tanny taking us to back to back AFC finals.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...responsibility

Tanny takes the blame for Tebow, says it just didn't work out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Before the big backlash against the CS/FO, did anyone ever truly think that Rex was behind the personnel moves on this team? Maybe it was just me, but I always thought that Rex had less input than most coaches as to the personnel.

To me, he was the jolly ol fat guy who was like "I'z don't care what y'all give me - I'll make chicken salad from chicken sh!t and then go play with ma wife's feet, and you can all go fuk yerselves" type guy. He just never came off to me as a power hungry "I make all the decisions" type guy.
    Great question, crash, but once we started losing, there was a big sect of Jets fans that started to buy into this notion, and I'm not just talking about SAR. Rex certainly deserves a piece of the blame for the last two years, but I would put him a lot further down the list than Tannenbaum and Sanchez -- two guys who showed early career promise only to completely fall on their faces the last two years.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Bottom line, he missed on the QB position 2x. While not impossible, it's very tough to win consistently without drafting a good QB. Sanchez looked like he could grow into a good NFL QB, but it didn't happen, and that sunk Tannenbaum. A good QB can mask a lot of problems, you can only mask a bad QB for so long.
    That's a concise way of putting it, but I would like to point out that Tannenbaum missed more than twice.

Kellen Clemens, Brett Favre, Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow. Then you can point out making a trade for a guy like Kevin O'Connell and some of the other low level moves i.e. Patrick Ramsey and Mark Brunell.

Tanny got plenty of chances to build an offense. Ultimately he failed, but if Sanchez ever developed into the player we thought he could be, Tanny would still be Tan-genius.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand why Tannenbaum was fired and I agree with it at this point in time but I thought he did a good job by and large. He pulled out every cap trick he could to make the team a contender for 3-5 years. The team got to the AFC championship game twice as a result. He made some mistakes (the poor drafts did catch up) like any GM but tying the team's fortunes to Mark Sanchez was the fatal one.

If that Sanchez pick works out, he's probably still the GM and who knows where else this team is?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Tanny deserves credit for turning the team around in '06 and initially having two phenomenal draft classes. Unfortunately, as is the case with many a NFL GM, having long sustained success is extremely difficult, even if you start out "hot." Let that be a lesson to all you aspiring GMs.
    Learned alot from D'Antoni when he was with the Knicks when he was asked if he was concerned about being fired. He said "no" and that he goes into all coaching jobs knowing it will eventually happen. If the team doesn't win (and with few exceptions none of them wins forever) the one in charge is held accountable. Can't fire the whole team. I guess if you go into a position like that, knowing that, the boom is not as devastating once it is lowered.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a concise way of putting it, but I would like to point out that Tannenbaum missed more than twice.

Kellen Clemens, Brett Favre, Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow. Then you can point out making a trade for a guy like Kevin O'Connell and some of the other low level moves i.e. Patrick Ramsey and Mark Brunell.

Tanny got plenty of chances to build an offense. Ultimately he failed, but if Sanchez ever developed into the player we thought he could be, Tanny would still be Tan-genius.
    I know this has been discussed before, but please explain to me again how the Favre move was a bad one. The Jets were 8-3 coming off a road win vs an undefeated Titans team. The team was rolling. Then Favre got hurt and the wheels came off. It might've been a move that didn't work out in the end, but it was hardly a bad one. Fact is, had Favre stayed healthy, the Jets probably head to the playoffs with home-field advantage.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    How are they a team?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Fatty trying to word questions to pin blame on Rex...what a douche

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Tannenbaum was here for a long time. During the Jets best and most winningest era from 1997 to present day. If you look at his overall body of work. He did a very good job for the Jets team and I believe him fully when he says that a piece of him will always be a New York Jet.

Unfortunately, He did a brutal job the last two seasons. Specifically when it comes to contracts, an area where he excelled for a long time. Mike T got burned with the Sanchez and Holmes contracts and the Jets are still paying for it and Tannenbaum paid for it with his job. The Jets got so agonizingly close to the superbowl 2 years in a row and from there, Tannenbaum made questionable moves with the roster and with the cap. He left the team in a bad spot but overall, He was NOT a bad GM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

But if you think about Favre, and especially what he did with the Vikings, he clearly had something left in the tank. Ultimately I consider the Clemens and Sanchez misses to be his downfall.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep trying Fancessa, you dick bag.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny avoiding any controversial answers...
    Giving Snooze-cesa nothing!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny all class

Fatty trying to word questions to make Rex look bad

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny says he is a John Idzik fan.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    Tanny avoiding any controversial answers...
    Giving Snooze-cesa nothing!
    I'm curious, what's being asked?