Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanny speaks!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Say what you want this guy was very good in these answers!!!!!

Very GOOD! The buck stopped with Tanny he will get another job as a result of this!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    The buck stopped with Tanny he will get another job as a result of this!!!
    Too bad Countrywide is still not around.

Tanny would do a great job back-loading all those Jumbo mortgages.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

I was thinking Enron. But he would fit in with Countrywide just fine.

All Pro
    Thanks for your service Tanny - it was a helluva ride.

Talking about falling on the sword and taking one for the team.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Moved to 4:25.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Moved to 4:25.

SAR I
    Had to do Mad Dog Radio first?

All Pro
    I'm at work sitting in a lecture and can't lissen to the interview now
    what did tanny say about tebow andwhy sanchex got extension

Read this article before you listen. I bet the content is the same.

http://espn.go.com/newyork/conversat...dea-no-regrets

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Well it was interesting to hear Tanny say that he had final say over every aspect of the team personnel wise. That kind of goes against everything some people on here and Fatscessa have been saying since the end of the year. Although, they will never acknowledge that. It should be an interesting interview with Tanny and Fat Boy, I'm sure fatty will press him on that issue b/c he has been screaming for the past month that every move the Jets made was made by Rex. Tanny's interview debunks that theory obviously.
    Final Say is a flexible concept when you are dealing with other people.

I have final say over my family's finances, but my wife's input is never ignored. She has final say over raising our daughter, but my input is never ignored. When we disagree, we work it out.

I suspect Tanny, Woody, and Rex had a similar relationship. While Tanny may have had the "Final Say:"
    - I doubt he exercised it in the face of serious objections by Rex.
    - I would be every penny I own that he never exercised it over a serious objection by Woody.

While he built a pretty good defense, he made a few blunders that cost him his job:
    1) The Holmes Contract
    2) The Sanchize Extension
    3) The Offensive Line was not bolstered
    4) He failed to draft/acquire good young RB's or WR's to replace guys who got older and more expensive.
    5) He failed to bring in someone to challenge Sanchize

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Angelo Mozilo's compensation during the United States housing bubble of 200106 has come under scrutiny. During that period, his total compensation (including salary, bonuses, options and restricted stock) approached $470 million.

Maybe when you get compensated enough you don't need to continue to work so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He'll be on Boomer & Carton tomorrow too
    and ESPN at 6 pm according to their site - he is really making the rounds
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 01-29-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Tanny got lost.

Veteran
    Moved to 5:30

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Does that make you hard Mike? 3 to 1.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL. Tanny is trolling Fatty.

Classic!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Well it was interesting to hear Tanny say that he had final say over every aspect of the team personnel wise. That kind of goes against everything some people on here and Fatscessa have been saying since the end of the year. Although, they will never acknowledge that.

+1

Hopefully we can put that all to bed now. This came as no surprise from me since THAT'S HOW HIERARCHY WORKS. Anyone believing Rex was the sole reason behind a lot of these transactions has no idea how an NFL front office works. Ultimately, they're all Tanny's decisions. In his first five years, a lot of the decisions were sound. That was obviously not the case in the last two.

Tanny deserves credit for turning the team around in '06 and initially having two phenomenal draft classes. Unfortunately, as is the case with many a NFL GM, having long sustained success is extremely difficult, even if you start out "hot." Let that be a lesson to all you aspiring GMs.

For a guy talking responsability he used the word we regarding decisions more then a few times. Idzik is also a We guy. I guess we make decisions and if they go wrong I take responsability.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    +1

Hopefully we can put that all to bed now. This came as no surprise from me since THAT'S HOW HIERARCHY WORKS. Anyone believing Rex was the sole reason behind a lot of these transactions has no idea how an NFL front office works. Ultimately, they're all Tanny's decisions. In his first five years, a lot of the decisions were sound. That was obviously not the case in the last two.

Tanny deserves credit for turning the team around in '06 and initially having two phenomenal draft classes. Unfortunately, as is the case with many a NFL GM, having long sustained success is extremely difficult, even if you start out "hot." Let that be a lesson to all you aspiring GMs.
    Before the big backlash against the CS/FO, did anyone ever truly think that Rex was behind the personnel moves on this team? Maybe it was just me, but I always thought that Rex had less input than most coaches as to the personnel.

To me, he was the jolly ol fat guy who was like "I'z don't care what y'all give me - I'll make chicken salad from chicken sh!t and then go play with ma wife's feet, and you can all go fuk yerselves" type guy. He just never came off to me as a power hungry "I make all the decisions" type guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    +1

Bottom line, he missed on the QB position 2x. While not impossible, it's very tough to win consistently without drafting a good QB. Sanchez looked like he could grow into a good NFL QB, but it didn't happen, and that sunk Tannenbaum. A good QB can mask a lot of problems, you can only mask a bad QB for so long.