Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Tanny speaks!!!!!!

as the jets season fell apart this guy disappeared-all year not a peep out of him about his awful moves including tebow, the awful contracts , the lack of talent-now guy wants to hit the circuit -why any show wants to have him on is beyond me-hmmm tanny you put together a losing team-bad talent, stuck the team with awful contracts, brought in tebow-yeah this is a guy that needs to be heard-please go away

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Pats fans are irate over back to back AFC Championship game appearances that resulted in zero titles. Jets fans are delighted with that feat and want to give 10-year extensions to all those involved.
    Good point. But it doesn't apply to all of us. Some of us get it.

Haven't heard one person mention the Pats making back-to-back Final Fours. Just like we never heard the Giants bragging about the SB they lost to the Ravens. Or the Steelers talking about the one they lost to the Packers.

Yet some Jets fans and the HC constantly reference the 2 AFCCGs that we got smoked in. I guess 43+ years of futility and having your heart broken will make you cling on to the slivers of success.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Well said.

That's exactly the difference between Pats fans and the vast majority of Jets fans.
    If that's true you must be irate a lot. You haven't won in a long, long time. Why don't I see any "Bill must go" signs? Why don't you guys wear bags on your heads to the games? I see no evidence that Pat fans are unsatisfied with being Miss congeniality every year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Good point. But it doesn't apply to all of us. Some of us get it.

Haven't heard one person mention the Pats making back-to-back Final Fours. Just like we never heard the Giants bragging about the SB they lost to the Ravens. Or the Steelers talking about the one they lost to the Packers.

Yet some Jets fans and the HC constantly reference the 2 AFCCGs that we got smoked in. I guess 43+ years of futility and having your heart broken will make you cling on to the slivers of success.
    I seem to hear the trolls bragging about it all the time, but if you don't hear more of it it's probably because this is a Jets site. Go to the Pats, or Giants web site and see...Go on now.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I seem to hear the trolls bragging about it all the time, but if you don't hear more of it it's probably because this is a Jets site. Go to the Pats, or Giants web site and see...Go on now.
    I know plenty of Patsies and Giants fans outside of this website. Some of the Pats fans will mention making the SBs but only when Jets fans try to knock them. None of the Giants fans I know talk about the Ravens SB unless someone else brings it up. And they never mention trouncing Minnesota 41-0 in the NFCCG.

But another part of that is Rex. He seems to being it up a lot. I could understand the fans but not the HC. Yet I rarely hear other coaches discuss the big games they lost unless it is brought up to them first. Rex acts like it was some sort of an achievement.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 01-30-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    If that's true you must be irate a lot. You haven't won in a long, long time. Why don't I see any "Bill must go" signs? Why don't you guys wear bags on your heads to the games? I see no evidence that Pat fans are unsatisfied with being Miss congeniality every year.
    Because when you win your division 9 times in 10 years, win 5 AFC Championship games and 3 Super Bowls, you don't fire the HC.

BB has had the Pats in contention for the Super Bowl every year this past decade. Sure it sucks not winning the grand prize, but at least the Pats contend every single year for a Super Bowl title, and not just hoping to just back into the playoffs as a 6th seed.

Because when you win your division 9 times in 10 years, win 5 AFC Championship games and 3 Super Bowls, you don't fire the HC.

BB has had the Pats in contention for the Super Bowl every year this past decade. Sure it sucks not winning the grand prize, but at least the Pats contend every single year for a Super Bowl title, and not just hoping to just back into the playoffs as a 6th seed.
    Ouch!

The Pats have had a tremendous run the last ten years and it will last another 2-3 years.
    Brady will be older and less effective and probably released. Belicheck will run up the bill in the next two years trying to make one last run and then leave with Brady.
    He will leave you in cap hell with a bunch of over the hill guys. Watch and see.

All Pro

I rest my case. Seems that Pats fans do brag about being "contenders". So much for them being a different breed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    The Pats have had a tremendous run the last ten years and it will last another 2-3 years.
    Brady will be older and less effective and probably released. Belicheck will run up the bill in the next two years trying to make one last run and then leave with Brady.
    He will leave you in cap hell with a bunch of over the hill guys. Watch and see.
    Couple points to your post:

1) I agree, Pats have at least 2 or 3 more years at a legitimate shot at winning the Super Bowl.

2) Brady will never be released. He will leave the game on his own terms.

3) Other than finding Brady a capable WR or two, BB will not overspend on FA's. It's not his MO.

4) Over the last 10 years, the Pats have never been in cap hell. There is not one back-breaking contract on the entire 53-man roster. That won't change.

1) I agree, Pats have at least 2 or 3 more years at a legitimate shot at winning the Super Bowl.

3) Other than finding Brady a capable WR or two, BB will not overspend on FA's. It's not his MO.

4) Over the last 10 years, the Pats have never been in cap hell. There is not one back-breaking contract on the entire 53-man roster. That won't change.
    Brady will leave the GAME on his terms, not the Pats.

Belicheck has not run up the tab because he planned for long term success, he will change over the next few years as his time and Brady's time with the team shortens.

Its just my view, it means nothing.

Maybe if he did make a couple of "risky" move over the last 7 years you would have another super bowl under your belt. BB thinks he is smarter than everyone else. Trades down a million times, lets older vets go etc... That brilliance hasn't gotten him a ring in the last 7 years with a legend at QB. Maybe if Tanny was your GM, you would be in cap hell now but also have another ring or two.

Hall Of Fame

This is obvious (continuous) trolling and this POS should be banned (once again) for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I know plenty of Patsies and Giants fans outside of this website. Some of the Pats fans will mention making the SBs but only when Jets fans try to knock them. None of the Giants fans I know talk about the Ravens SB unless someone else brings it up. And they never mention trouncing Minnesota 41-0 in the NFCCG.

But another part of that is Rex. He seems to being it up a lot. I could understand the fans but not the HC. Yet I rarely hear other coaches discuss the big games they lost unless it is brought up to them first. Rex acts like it was some sort of an achievement.
    Well obviously you won't hear Giants fans talk about losing to the Ravens in the Superbowl, they just won two. But you talk to the. Before '06 hell yeah that's all they talked about.

Hall Of Fame
    The worst contract of the TB/BB era was the Adelius Thomas contract. But the Pats survived that one bc they were smart. Although I think in hindsight Beli wishes he would have kept one of the guys he let go. Law, Seymour, Samuel.

I would love to be on the run the Pats had/have with Brady. It still sucks that they used some shady methods to do it but in this day and age "it's not illegal unless you get caught" and "if you ain't cheating you ain't trying"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Pats fans are irate over back to back AFC Championship game appearances that resulted in zero titles. Jets fans are delighted with that feat and want to give 10-year extensions to all those involved.
    Because Pats fans = Yankees fans.

You've quickly forgot the futile 40 years plus when you were dying for a 9-7 team. Instead, when your team plays their heart out and comes up short, your left with your mullet kicking your dog with your reebok high tops and taunting the other team's player who's brother passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Because Pats fans = Yankees fans.

You've quickly forgot the futile 40 years plus when you were dying for a 9-7 team. Instead, when your team plays their heart out and comes up short, your left with your mullet kicking your dog with your reebok high tops and taunting the other team's player who's brother passed away.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mike has his second NFL GM job to worry about, isn't going to badmouth an owner and make the other 31 owners put him in the "do not hire" file.

Mike deserved his firing. The issue is that so did Rex Ryan.

SAR I
    SAR 1
    Damn it's a beautiful day the sky is blue and clear and all the world is great. The only thing that would make this even better is if the Jets were to fire Rex like they were supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    SAR 1
    Damn it's a beautiful day the sky is blue and clear and all the world is great. The only thing that would make this even better is if the Jets were to fire Rex like they were supposed to.
    Oh and I forgot, extend Mark for another 5 years because when we get 51 pro bowlers on the team he is really going to excel.