Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanny speaks!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mike has his second NFL GM job to worry about, isn't going to badmouth an owner and make the other 31 owners put him in the "do not hire" file.

Mike deserved his firing. The issue is that so did Rex Ryan.

SAR I
    And Mark Sanchez's failings at QB had nothing to do with that? As others have stated, a good QB can mask a lot of problems. Sanchez is the tail wagging this dog. He's supposed to be the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    And Mark Sanchez's failings at QB had nothing to do with that? As others have stated, a good QB can mask a lot of problems. Sanchez is the tail wagging this dog. He's supposed to be the dog.
    Not every starter is capable of being the dog.

Mark is a spoke in a wheel, not the hub. He needs all the spokes around him to stay the course, when one is broken, the other spokes become compromised and eventually fail.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Not every starter is capable of being the dog.

Mark is a spoke in a wheel, not the hub. He needs all the spokes around him to stay the course, when one is broken, the other spokes become compromised and eventually fail.
    And now Tanny claims that final decision to draft him was on him. It failed, and he lost his job. Sanchez has managed to cost a lot of coaches their jobs in his short tenure. I'm impressed that Tanny took the sword on just about everything. He's a good guy. Probably just trying to gun for the next NFL exec job, but he plays the part well.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 01-29-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    he will get another job as a result of this!!!

Not as a GM he won't. No other team would have hired him as a GM in the first place, or ever will. Only the Jets.
    Last edited by Toooon; 01-29-2013 at 06:50 PM.

And now Tanny claims that final decision to draft him was on him. It failed, and he lost his job. I'm impressed that he took the sword on just about everything. He's a good guy. Probably just trying to gun for the next NFL exec job, but he plays the part well.
    +1 i could see him working in nfl offices downtown manhattan..the closest he will make to a team is maybe in the financial offices as a lawyer in non personnel matters..

And now Tanny claims that final decision to draft him was on him. It failed, and he lost his job. I'm impressed that he took the sword on just about everything. He's a good guy. Probably just trying to gun for the next NFL exec job, but he plays the part well.
    Im not so sure Sanchez has failed yet. I know in the eyes of most he has, but I still think he will have success in the NFL again.

I always liked Tanny. Class guy and had guts. That goes a long way in my book. He did however make some really bad decisions the last two years and that does fall at his feet, he is or was the GM.
    He deserved to be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Not as a GM he won't. No other team would have hired him as a GM in the first place, or ever will. Only the Jets.
    Not entirely true. The Bucs wanted to hire him before he was promoted by the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So are Pats fans.
    He was GM for 7 years from 2006....remind me how many Super Bowls the Pats* won in that time

Im not so sure Sanchez has failed yet. I know in the eyes of most he has, but I still think he will have success in the NFL again.

I always liked Tanny. Class guy and had guts. That goes a long way in my book. He did however make some really bad decisions the last two years and that does fall at his feet, he is or was the GM.
    He deserved to be fired.
    No, Sanchez has failed, lol. Whether or not he has failed forever is part of a different discussion. But his QB play contributed enough to cost Tanny his job. Along with Sparano and a bunch of other coaches. Polian did a great job with the Bills but built his reputation with Peyton at the helm, masking any mistakes he made. Tanny didn't have that luxury.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    He was GM for 7 years from 2006....remind me how many Super Bowls the Pats* won in that time
    How many Division titles, AFC Championship titles and Super Bowl titles did the Jets win in Tanny's 7 years?

The correct answer is ZERO.

Hall Of Fame
    Just listened to the interview with Kay. I was a much better interview. Here is a link:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=8895239

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Mark Sanchez had very little to do with it.

The fact that Mike and Rex didn't give him any playmakers or decent backups is the bulk of the story.

Our offense sucks. We knew this coming out of Cortland last July, not rocket science here.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

So are Pats fans.
    How many Division titles, AFC Championship titles and Super Bowl titles did the Jets win in Tanny's 7 years?

The correct answer is ZERO.
    Really? You're trying to get a rise out of us in a thread about Tanenbaum? We all know he sucked, you miserable sack of crap.

Did everyone hear Francesa was at Nance's wedding? He WAS at Nance's wedding. He WAS there. Sure you all heard that??? What a POS!!!

Not entirely true. The Bucs wanted to hire him before he was promoted by the Jets.

You have a link? I don't believe that for a second. Unless one of his relatives works in Tampa.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez had very little to do with it.

The fact that Mike and Rex didn't give him any playmakers or decent backups is the bulk of the story.

Our offense sucks. We knew this coming out of Cortland last July, not rocket science here.

SAR I
    Mark Sanchez stepped onto the playing failed and did the things that he did. Giving him a complete pass for all of his errors is a mistake. I wish you were my boss. I had a great year two years ago but completely sucked at my job since then. But you know I can perform, guarantee my salary for the next several years. All I need is better co-workers.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Mark Sanchez stepped onto the playing failed and did the things that he did. Giving him a complete pass for all of his errors is a mistake. I wish you were my boss. I had a great year two years ago but completely sucked at my job since then. But you know I can perform, guarantee my salary for the next several years. All I need is better co-workers.
    Offense is precision.

Defense is bowling, offense is a ballet. Mark Sanchez has never had a consistent set of weapons let alone good ones that other teams would envy.

SAR I

why is this clown going on every show to begin with-you were fired because you failed at your job-the end

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    why is this clown going on every show to begin with-you were fired because you failed at your job-the end
    Easy money

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    You have a link? I don't believe that for a second. Unless one of his relatives works in Tampa.
    It's true. Tied to Parcells going there

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/19/sp...ers-again.html