Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OLB/DE

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Quanterus Smith should be a damn good rush LB once he returns from his injury... would be a great option later in the draft... had 3 sacks last season against Bama and their monster OLine...
    Would be a good guy to have rehab and learn OLB in 2013 and hopefully be ready in 2014. Looks very strong too.

As a side note, DJ Fluker scares the crap out of me. Smith blew by him and his isnt exactly someone with mingo-type speed here. I know he has long arms and can maul in the run game, but he seems slow out of his stance.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Would be a good guy to have rehab and learn OLB in 2013 and hopefully be ready in 2014. Looks very strong too.

As a side note, DJ Fluker scares the crap out of me. Smith blew by him and his isnt exactly someone with mingo-type speed here. I know he has long arms and can maul in the run game, but he seems slow out of his stance.
    Fluker is going to be a RT/G in the NFL.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez7 View Post
    Say we trade Revis to the Bucs for a 1st and 2nd

Would anyone like the idea of drafting Ansah at 9 and Mingo/Jordan at 13

then spend the rest of the draft on offensive players.

fills our pass rush need and sets our defense for dominance
    I would take Jordan / Ansah/ Jones / at 9 and then pray Geno Smith falls to 13. We will never be a perenial contender until we get a franchise QB. If you are going to trade Revis it should only be for a potential franchise QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GREEN VEHICLE View Post
    I would take Jordan / Ansah/ Jones / at 9 and then pray Geno Smith falls to 13. We will never be a perenial contender until we get a franchise QB. If you are going to trade Revis it should only be for a potential franchise QB.
    More likely the opposite. IF the Jets felt strong enough to take Smith at 13, then there is no way they should pass on him at 9 and "hope" he is there at 13. You are better off seeing if one of the OLBs drop to 13.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    More likely the opposite. IF the Jets felt strong enough to take Smith at 13, then there is no way they should pass on him at 9 and "hope" he is there at 13. You are better off seeing if one of the OLBs drop to 13.
    This.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @nfl: Five teams that would be wise to invest in prospect Dion Jordan's potential, per @BuckyBrooks: http://t.co/1ez88OwDgB

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    Margus Hunt is one of the most intriguing players I've ever evaluated. I don't think he's solely a 3-4 DE. He could be a giant 4-3 DE.

Tulsa OT attempts to cut him, Hunt hurdles him, accelerates and drills the QB. Not normal activity for someone 6'8 277 lbs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    Margus Hunt is one of the most intriguing players I've ever evaluated. I don't think he's solely a 3-4 DE. He could be a giant 4-3 DE.

Tulsa OT attempts to cut him, Hunt hurdles him, accelerates and drills the QB. Not normal activity for someone 6'8 277 lbs.
    You have to wonder just how far this guy will move up boards...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    After further review, I've come to conclusion that Mingo is the guy I want. #1 on me board.

If he's there at 9, the Jets better take him. He will be a beast at OLB in our defense

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Id love it!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd go the opposite direction.

I would draft Warmack and Cooper, Gio Bernard with our second THEN spend the rest of the draft on defense.

Build a massive dominant O-line for the next 8 years and concentrate on grabbing our franchise QB next year.

It's an offense first league.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

I would draft Warmack and Cooper, Gio Bernard with our second THEN spend the rest of the draft on defense.

Build a massive dominant O-line for the next 8 years and concentrate on grabbing our franchise QB next year.

_
    How exactly are you planing on paying these OGs after their 1st contracts have expired if they pan out the way you think. You have to pay your LT and your OC before any other OL position. You have to pay your QB your Pass rushers and your NT. If you keep Revis u have to pay him.

Where will u get the money to pay all these positions. There's a reason why some of the best OGs in the NFL are not on the team that originally drafted them.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    How exactly are you planing on paying these OGs after their 1st contracts have expired if they pan out the way you think. You have to pay your LT and your OC before any other OL position. You have to pay your QB your Pass rushers and your NT. If you keep Revis u have to pay him.

Where will u get the money to pay all these positions. There's a reason why some of the best OGs in the NFL are not on the team that originally drafted them.
    I could use this exact same logic and apply it to passrushers.

How do you expect to keep someone like Ansah as well as Wilkerson and Coples 2-3 years from now?

I don't really care about the salary structure. That's Idzik's bag.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

_
    Good teams dont use 1st round picks on G's and Centers

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    Good teams dont use 1st round picks on G's and Centers
    LOL

Yeah, I'm sure the Steelers are kicking themselves for taking Pouncey in the Top 20.

Or the 49ers with Iupati.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

How do you expect to keep someone like Ansah as well as Wilkerson and Coples 2-3 years from now?

You don't, and that is the problem. The Jets need to define what they are and draft accordingly, you know like the Steelers do. If you are a 34 team, your money has to be spent on the premium positions that make up that scheme. DEs are not premium positions in that scheme . If you're a 43 team, DEs are premium positions, but OLBers are not.

Rex Ryan is a Moron, but I already knew this and that is why i wanted him gone after the Miami game 2 yrs ago.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

What happened to you old man?

You used to be a good poster.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

_
    We should probably just forfeit our draft picks in case they turn out good - what a pain that would be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

_
    LOL you should talk. Hope all is well with you. My mantra will never change when it comes to football. You get a QB protect the QB run the ball and most importantly, stop the other team from scoring as often as possible.

In other words:

Run the ball throw high percentage passes and play top end defense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

You keep your pro bowl pass rushers by not paying for luxury positions like OG