Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: With the 9th Pick, The NY Jets Select.....

Veteran

With the 9th Pick, The NY Jets Select.....

So far I have seen mocks with us talking Jarvis Jones, B. Mingo and even Bjoern Werner, all defensive players. Personally I would be okay with any of the above if they fell in our laps... I would love to see Geno Smith drop but I don't see him getting past Arizona. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Jet Black; 01-29-2013 at 07:57 PM. Reason: grammar

Jets Insider VIP
    OG Chance Warmack - Alabama

Both Slauson and Moore are set to hit the market and Warmack is the best OG prospect to come out in well over a decade.

It's not the sexy pick, but it's the smart pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Both Slauson and Moore are set to hit the market and Warmack is the best OG prospect to come out in well over a decade.

It's sexy to me. That kid dominates.

Jets Insider VIP

Wasn't everyone saying that DeCastro was the best guard prospect since Faneca? I'm not saying I disagree with Warmick, but it seems every year that their is a player who is "the best in the past whatever years" only for next year to bring the next best thing.

Hall Of Fame
    Go big and ugly this year.

Next year we can add the ornaments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Wasn't everyone saying that DeCastro was the best guard prospect since Faneca? I'm not saying I disagree with Warmick, but it seems every year that their is a player who is "the best in the past whatever years" only for next year to bring the next best thing.
    Still don't know what decastro could be or could've been bc of his injury to start the year. And I'm all aboard the Warmack Wagon.

Deep OG draft, why does it make sense to take a OG 9th overall when we can get a 1st round talent at OG in round 2?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I never bought into that and I liked DeCastro.

One of the knocks on DeCastro was that he lacked a killer instinct. Which became all the more evident when he publicly said during Steelers camp last year that he was struggling with the physicality of the pro game.

Warmack is a mean, nasty son of a b*tch who basically annhilates anyone in front of him. The definition of a mauler. And he's also sound as hell in pass protection.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Deep OG draft, why does it make sense to take a OG 9th overall when we can get a 1st round talent at OG in round 2?
    Yeah, it is a deep OG class.

But Warmack is hands down the best of the best.

The kid consistently went up against the best DL and LB's in the country and threw them around like ragdolls on a weekly basis.

Decastro was injured but he had his lunch eaten by geno atkins pretty badly and he was lauded as the next steve hutchinson.

I think warmack is a better prospect but it comes down to value. Is warmack at #9 that much better then warford or barret jones at #39? I dont see it.

As for who we take, I think ansah is gonna be the pick. He doesnt fit the "typical" OLB mold but the game is changing and he can both be a speed rusher and set the edge. He can be a 3 down player a lot more then mingo can.

Give me the 6'6" beast!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Yep

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

I agree big and ugly is good, but big dumb as a box of rocks and ugly is not good especially if said player can not give us position flexability.

Veteran
    Ansah is also my sleeper pick. Seems like a classic "Rex pick," but the question is whether Idzik will be comfortable enough rolling the dice on such high reward-high risk type guy with his first ever draft pick. My guess is that he goes real conservative by trading down a few picks and taking Warmack. A Warmack pick also shows that he's the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Decastro was injured but he had his lunch eaten by geno atkins pretty badly and he was lauded as the next steve hutchinson.

I think warmack is a better prospect but it comes down to value. Is warmack at #9 that much better then warford or barret jones at #39? I dont see it.

As for who we take, I think ansah is gonna be the pick. He doesnt fit the "typical" OLB mold but the game is changing and he can both be a speed rusher and set the edge. He can be a 3 down player a lot more then mingo can.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Ansah is also my sleeper pick. Seems like a classic "Rex pick," but the question is whether Idzik will be comfortable enough rolling the dice on such high reward-high risk type guy with his first ever draft pick. My guess is that he goes real conservative by trading down a few picks and taking Warmack. A Warmack pick also shows that he's the boss.
    He's mine also because i see BRYAN THOMAS's ability to set the edge with an ability to get to the QB more effeciently.

+1

Not only do I think it's a no-brainer we take Warmack rd 1 we should take another Guard on day 1 either 2nd or 3rd round. Draft players who can start right away and be effective on a salary of $390,000 - that's how you get out of cap hell.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

I saw Decastro play this season when he got back from the knee injury. He was good so I don't really know what your talking about and like you said Warmack is better. Yes he's good value at #9 and we need 2 Guards in reality because Ducasse stinks.

We need both Warmack and Warford on day 1. Get some big bodies on this OL finally and push some people around.

All League
    Leon Sandcastle

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro

Draft is deep in guards. We can find a guy in the 2nd 3rd round, while jumping on one of the many top pass-rushers.