Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LT rips Tanny, issues Revis warning

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    2013 has to be a "hold the fort" year - no big FA signings, look to build through the draft. The problem is that our FA shopping has finally caught up with us cap wise, along with some questionable extensions. Trading Revis hurts our cap for 2013 and leaves a major hole in the defense. Don't be fooled by the #2 passing defense stat. Teams could run on us all day and were leading for most of the games so obviously they weren't gonna be passing much. We need to get young, inexpensive talent in here via the draft and keep our high quality veterans.
    That is one way to go but it has empty seat syndrome to consider for Woodie.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Everything he said is correct, he is now an analyst, why should he stfu?
    yup............

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    LaDainian Tomlinson Playoffs Action Figure. *

* Anal bench splinters sold separately
    The only thing that is missing is him not wearing his 'Helmet Of Shame'

edit: I also find the 'choking hazard' label unintentionally hilarious.

All Pro
    Lmao I have yet to see 1 NFL insider or any NFL Players that think its a good idea to trade Revis.

Apparently all of the teams interested in Revis aren't held to a salary cap... just the Jets.

The problem isn't Revis. The problem is the other bad contracts. Get rid of those contracts. Keep Revis. This isn't rocket science. And if the only problem we had was salary cap wise then we can trade Cromartie and save a ton of money which would allocate to Revis and then we'd still have room and time to rectify the cap situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Lmao I have yet to see 1 NFL insider or any NFL Players that think its a good idea to trade Revis.
    LMAO...Maybe because none of them have to (and be held accountable) build a roster today, tomorrow, next year or three years from now..

And may I also add, none of these have had to negotiate with Revis and his agents..We all know how easy that has proven to be
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-30-2013 at 03:03 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    LMAO...Maybe because none of them have to (and be held accountable) build a roster today, tomorrow, next year or three years from now..
    So all the bad contracts on this team.. And the guy thats picked to be the scape goat is your one HOF caliber player ?

Yet for years we have seen teams always make it work or atleast play hostage for couple years when it comes to there franchise players. And for most part when guys like that do become available there usually past 30 on the downside of there careers.

So all the bad contracts on this team.. And the guy thats picked to be the scape goat is your one HOF caliber player ?

Yet for years we have seen teams always make it work or atleast play hostage for couple years when it comes to there franchise players. And for most part when guys like that do become available there usually past 30 on the downside of there careers.
    it doesn't have to do with today's cap..It has to do with the 2014, 2015, 2016, etc caps...

It all boils down to do you want to tie up 10+% of your cap on a CB for X numbers of years when in all actuality you aren't going to be a good team for at least 2 yrs...You can't franchise him in '14..So you risk losing him in '14 for a measly compensatory draft pick...He's an asset now that can bring back assets..Will those assets materialize into NFL players? That's TBD.
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-30-2013 at 03:16 PM.

All Pro
    it doesn't have to do with today's cap..It has to do with the 2014, 2015, 2016, etc caps...

It all boils down to do you want to tie up 10+% of your cap on a CB for X numbers of years when in all actuality you aren't going to be a good team for at least 2 yrs...You can't franchise him in '14..So you risk losing him in '14 for a measly compensatory draft pick...He's an asset now that can bring back assets..Will those assets materialize into NFL players? That's TBD.
    He can bring in assets as in more draft picks . So hypothetical lets say u do trade Revis and get a 2nd rd pick or a 1st . And we use the pick to draft another Kyle Wilson or Ducasse will u still feel so great about trading Revis who mind will be 30 in 3 yrs still in his prime?

He can bring in assets as in more draft picks . So hypothetical lets say u do trade Revis and get a 2nd rd pick or a 1st . And we use the pick to draft another Kyle Wilson or Ducasse will u still feel so great about trading Revis who mind will be 30 in 3 yrs still in his prime?
    That's not the point!!!

THEY WANT HIM GONE AND FOR THE AWESOME PRICE OF A LOW 1ST ROUND PICK WHICH WILL TURN OUT TO BE A CRAPPY PLAYER!

DON'T YOU GET IT?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    That's not the point!!!

THEY WANT HIM GONE AND FOR THE AWESOME PRICE OF A LOW 1ST ROUND PICK WHICH WILL TURN OUT TO BE A CRAPPY PLAYER!

DON'T YOU GET IT?!?!
    People don't want him gone...Those that understand what the situation is understand it's going to be very difficult to resign him for what he wants while still needing many more players before the Jets can realistically challenge for the SB.

and I love how everyone assumes the players picked will be crappy.

SOJF!

You can structure the trade to bring back multiple picks...A 1st in 2013 and a conditional based on 2014 playing..The more Revis plays in '14 the higher the pick..

And what if the players picked turn into Revis, Wilkerson, D'Brick, Mangold type players...

SOJF!!!!!!

People don't want him gone...Those that understand what the situation is understand it's going to be very difficult to resign him for what he wants while still needing many more players before the Jets can realistically challenge for the SB.

and I love how everyone assumes the players picked will be crappy.

SOJF!
    And you say this knowing what Revis' contract demands are?

No. You don't.

There's speculation. And then there's Revis stating that he wants to be paid more than the highest paid CB... even if it's by 50 cents.

Which is why giving Revis 12M annually is why I think he's worth it.

I say this all the time and I'll keep saying it. The only way you trade Revis is if he says he's not going to re-sign. You don't trade him to "rebuild" the team because what we get back for him does d!ck to rebuild the team. I don't know why you guys don't get that. A low 1st round pick isn't going to do anything for the Jets. There's more impact from trading him cap wise, schematic wise, personnel wise than there is from keeping him and building this team back up the right way.

So agree to disagree. But know that when you keep calling out people that disagree with you I'll be right there to throw my opinion in your face and pretend it's a fact too.

All Pro
    You can structure the trade to bring back multiple picks...A 1st in 2013 and a conditional based on 2014 playing..The more Revis plays in '14 the higher the pick..

And what if the players picked turn into Revis, Wilkerson, D'Brick, Mangold type players...

SOJF!!!!!!
    Because jets history has shown where better at passing on elite talent than drafting it...

And you say this knowing what Revis' contract demands are?

No. You don't.

There's speculation. And then there's Revis stating that he wants to be paid more than the highest paid CB... even if it's by 50 cents.

Which is why giving Revis 12M annually is why I think he's worth it.

I say this all the time and I'll keep saying it. The only way you trade Revis is if he says he's not going to re-sign. You don't trade him to "rebuild" the team because what we get back for him does d!ck to rebuild the team. I don't know why you guys don't get that. A low 1st round pick isn't going to do anything for the Jets. There's more impact from trading him cap wise, schematic wise, personnel wise than there is from keeping him and building this team back up the right way.

So agree to disagree. But know that when you keep calling out people that disagree with you I'll be right there to throw my opinion in your face and pretend it's a fact too.
    LOL. Wow! Go relax. Pretending things as facts? Such as what? It's been reported he's looking for Mario Williams type contract, if not more. Is it true? Who knows but knowing the history of Revis and his agents you want to dispute that?

And to say what you get back doesn't help rebuild the team is a wee bit premature when you don't even know who the players turn out to be and how they fit the team.

But keep throwing things in my face. Whatever gets you through your day.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Everything he said is correct, he is now an analyst, why should he stfu?
    +1

LOL. Wow! Go relax. Pretending things as facts? Such as what? It's been reported he's looking for Mario Williams type contract, if not more. Is it true? Who knows but knowing the history of Revis and his agents you want to dispute that?

And to say what you get back doesn't help rebuild the team is a wee bit premature when you don't even know who the players turn out to be and how they fit the team.

But keep throwing things in my face. Whatever gets you through your day.
    Don't kid yourself. You have zero impact on my day. Nice self importance flaw you got there.

Don't kid yourself. You have zero impact on my day. Nice self importance flaw you got there.
    Enjoy your day sunshine!

Enjoy your day sunshine!
    Enjoy your rain Eeyore!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    The only thing that is missing is him not wearing his 'Helmet Of Shame'

edit: I also find the 'choking hazard' label unintentionally hilarious.