Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LT rips Tanny, issues Revis warning

All League
    anyone else find it surprising that and offensive monster like LT says Defense wins championships?

Just seems strange to me that he would have that mindset. I think it says something.

Many people nowadays dont believe that but I for one still do. To me it has never been proven otherwise.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    That's not the point!!!

THEY WANT HIM GONE AND FOR THE AWESOME PRICE OF A LOW 1ST ROUND PICK WHICH WILL TURN OUT TO BE A CRAPPY PLAYER!

DON'T YOU GET IT?!?!
    I don't think anybody just wants Revis gone for the sake of having him gone. The fact remains that he will be free to test the market next season and will go to the highest bidder... not likely us. So why is it such a bad idea to try and get SOMETHING for him rather than nothing? Besides, keeping him may be pointless considering he did his ACL and may never be quite as dominant.

I like LT and I appreciate his candid nature.

However, I do believe he is wrong with the first part of his statement. John Idzik was very clear and made it known from the second the press conference began that competition will rule this team going forward and most importantly at the QB spot. Mark Sanchez has made a living out of never having to compete for anything and it is a piss poor approach to running a football team. The Sanchez extension was the worst joke I can think of in a long time.

In regards, as much as these reports will not go away, You must think there is some credence to them. I never want to see Revis leave, but we may have no choice. Thanks Tanny.

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    I don't think anybody just wants Revis gone for the sake of having him gone. The fact remains that he will be free to test the market next season and will go to the highest bidder... not likely us. So why is it such a bad idea to try and get SOMETHING for him rather than nothing? Besides, keeping him may be pointless considering he did his ACL and may never be quite as dominant.
    That's the only reason for trading him. Which I've stated numerous times.

However, there are those that think we should trade him because it helps us rebuild the offense. That's no reason to trade him and the draft picks we'll get from trading him will not go far in any way towards rebuilding the offense. That's my point. Then there are some that just want him gone because he's greedy.

This may be the 1st time I agree with LT 100%. I hope he is wrong in that they will trade Revis because Rex is being quite. I wouldn't be shocked if Rex had a gag order on him. With the exception of his tattoo press conference he has been pretty silent. So has the locker room for that matter. This time last year we where hearing Holmes and Sanchez planned on spending Valentines together. I also feel that we can't loose a locker room leader right now. So far when players talk about Revis they always mention he is a leader of the team and a great guy. Sorry but those are the guys you keep not Edwards and Holmes.

I also hope he is wrong about the JETS not bringing in true competition at QB. I really think they tryed to do that with Stanton then Woody stepped in with Tebow. If Rex has any hope of keeping his job he knows he needs at least a viable QB prospect to at least have a 2nd option. Keeping a cancer like McElroy shouldn't even be an option at this point. I still hope they just suck it up and cut Mark as soon as they can.

LT is right.

And there are plenty of losers on the roster sucking up cap money, not to mention, they need to force Mr Buttfumble into reworking his contract.

As much as I hate Revis for his constant holdout drama every 2 years, no chance we get proper value in a trade, combined with the retarded contract HE's gonna demand!

He still has a year on his contract, they should give him a mil or 2 as a bonus (I think he's making around 10 this year?) and tell him to f*** off for now, or sit at home. He got his damn money for last year, and didn't fkking play!
    And last I checked we didn't exactly miss him.

I don't believe Revis will EVER have a championship ring. He doesn't want one anyways- He can buy all of the jewelry he wants.

Exclamation

I can't argue with a thing LT said and they are all valid points.

Doesn't LT have a team to quit on or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    And I hate when people say "it's a passing league".
    I hate it because its not true.

Teams might pass a lot but in the end who keeps winning Super Bowls? Not my Patriots.

Teams with great defenses have won far more Super Bowls going back to when the league supposedly became a passing league than all the pass-happy offenses.

People saying 'it's a passing league' are just another part of the Fantasy Football generation who dismisses what happens on the field because ~stats~.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Does he not understand what a salary cap is?

And I hate when people say "it's a passing league". Yes, it is...all the rules favor the offense. That's what inherently makes a corner like Revis LESS valuable, because he can't use his physicality to compensate once his athleticism wears out.
    So why do you hate it if you agree with it?

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    I hate it because its not true.

Teams might pass a lot but in the end who keeps winning Super Bowls? Not my Patriots.

Teams with great defenses have won far more Super Bowls going back to when the league supposedly became a passing league than all the pass-happy offenses.

People saying 'it's a passing league' are just another part of the Fantasy Football generation who dismisses what happens on the field because ~stats~.
    What does having a great defense have to do with their offenses being not pass happy? When the giants won, their offense was most definitely pass happy. Ditto the packers. Same with the saints. The Patriots, thankfully have not won a Super Bowl recently but that doesn't mean they haven't been successful.

And what type if offense should a team with a great defense have....a purposefully average one? Sure, I get the "win the TOP game and play great defense" thought process, but ya know what works even better? Score a TD and then play great defense.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Everything he said is correct, he is now an analyst, why should he stfu?
    I thought an "analyst" was supposed to talk about football. What is he anal-yzing? I thought these shows were supposed to be about football not a sports-oriented version of TMZ or Entertainment Tonight gossip mongering.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

To all those who are fellating LT and saying they can't argue with ANYTHING he said, can you please point me to the time when the Jets claimed they were bringing in competition to Sanchez last year?

He makes it seem as if the Jets are lying to us now (despite the fact that it came from Idzik's mouth directly and he wasn't here last year) about bringing in competition for Sanchez because they failed to follow through last year, when it simply never was even a consideration last year. Mind you, it should have been, but it simply wasn't.

He is certainly correct about the the fact that Sanchez's extension was Tanny's fault. But guess what? He got fired! By firing him, they pretty much acknowledged that he f'd up, and that was the most glaring fuk up.

And as far as Revis goes - the Jets aren't looking to trade him solely to build the roster. They are looking to trade him because they know that he will demand an obscene amount of money because he's a greddy bastard. Now, he's a greedy bastard that is the best player at his position and also a pretty good teammate (which is why I'd like him to stay), but if it truly takes QB money to keep him, it makes sense to explore the market.

Is anything he said even remotely groundbreaking or prescient? If it was a post on JI, it would get picked apart, at best, or, more likely just ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    He can bring in assets as in more draft picks . So hypothetical lets say u do trade Revis and get a 2nd rd pick or a 1st . And we use the pick to draft another Kyle Wilson or Ducasse will u still feel so great about trading Revis who mind will be 30 in 3 yrs still in his prime?
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    That's not the point!!!

THEY WANT HIM GONE AND FOR THE AWESOME PRICE OF A LOW 1ST ROUND PICK WHICH WILL TURN OUT TO BE A CRAPPY PLAYER!

DON'T YOU GET IT?!?!
    Or maybe the pick is a Wilkerson? Would you guys be throwing a hissy fit then? Or maybe a Nick Mangold? If we are looking at other teams Clay Matthews or Chris Johnson perhaps?

Only way LT can stay in the spotlight is by doing what Tiki did his first couple years as a broadcaster and rip his old team any chance he gets. Pathetic.

trade Revis

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I don't think he is denying that keeping Revis will hurt our cap situation. I just think he thinks that Revis is worth the trouble. Again, I don't even agree with him but I understand why he feels that way.

The Jets like most other teams 6-10 or worse need more then one or two players to get back to the playoffs .Do you see any of those teams paying top dollar to get Revis ? So the best solution is to trade him and get as many draft picks as possible and hope to create new young inexpensive talent.
    His contract will only hurt the Jets moving forward.

They they they.. Didn't he get a jets tat on his calf?? Sheesh!!!