Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING:MARSHALL FAULK CALLS OUT PATRIOTS FOR CHEATING

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    At least SOME Jet's fans get it.
    I love watching you guys squrming and defending spygate, though...Mangini gets the last laugh on Belichick...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    "Shoot up to the clock, get the down and distance... ok... now key in on the defensive coordinator and his hand signals... oh wait! check out that cheerleader's ass... yes, yes, yesss... get that on video. We'll 'break that down' in the analytical department."
    Belicheck - But Mr Goodell, look at that video, we didn't do anything wrong, show me where we did?

Goodell - you are right I see nothing wrong, not that will be 500k and a first round pick.

Belichek - sounds fair

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I love watching you guys squrming and defending spygate, though...Mangini gets the last laugh on Belichick...
    When the fack did I defend anything?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Agreed, it's called gamesmanship and it's been going on since the very first time two teams squared off and played a game...
    So were the Jets among the other 31 teams who were stupid enough to let the Pats take advantage of them for 7+ years? Supposedly so.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So were the Jets among the other 31 teams who were stupid enough to let the Pats take advantage of them for 7+ years? Supposedly so.
    What would you expect from Herm Edwards?

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Who's smarter...Pavlov's dog or Bill Belichick?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    A coach standing on the sideline and taking notice of a teams hand signals and unraveling them is simply smart coaching.

Having a guy on the payroll whose sole purpose is to sit in the stands, film a teams sideline while panning up to the scoreboard for down and distance is something entirely different.

Of course the Pats cheated.

Why would they risk massive fines, loss of draft picks, etc for something that wasn't giving them an advantage?

Why? Just for sh*ts and giggles?
    The problem is nobody knows what that "edge" is. What was on those tapes is pretty obvious, it's what, if anything, the Pats did with those tapes to gain a competitive advantage, either during the game they were taping or a subsequent game. Did they actually decode those signals mid-game or not? The Jets fans here don't know any more than the Pats fans here do. Because nobody freaking knows. I think we'd all like to know. Everything else discussed here is speculation and conjecture based on our own biases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    There is a difference between a competitve advantage based on talent and preperation and an advantage gotten outside the rules.

Nobody is arguing against teams seeking a competitive advantage inside the rules. That's what competition is all about.
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    LOL at patriot fans desperately trying to redefine cheating.

"Excuse me officer I wasn't robbing this bank, i was just gaining a competitive advantage."
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    I'm sure others did it in some form too, but I think Belichik is shrewd enough to have figured out a way to take advantage of what they were getting (or to find the guy who was shrewd enough).

And I don't think for a second that the tapes would have been destroyed unless they somehow showed that an advantage was gained, and the outcomes of the games in question were possibly affected.
    The russian scientist Pavlov and his experiments with dogs...ended up being a forerunner of the Behaviorist branch of science.

In his behavioral experiments...Pavlov created a stimulus response training relationship with his dogs. He would ring a bell, then the dog would be presented food. Every time the bell rang...the dog was fed. This went on and on for numerous days. So when the bell rang...the dog would get excited and start salivating...expecting that food was coming. This constantly being fed after the bell rang...created for the dog...a Pavlovian stimulus-response mechanism. Bell rings...dog salivates...and is fed.

Then Pavlov stopped presenting the dog with food after the bell rang. Eventually...the dog stopped getting excited and salivating...cause it no longer connected the bell with being fed. The stimulus-response mechanism was broken.

What does this have to do with Belichick?

If BB is given a videotape of an opponent's signals, and it's then processed into his game plans. The reward expected...is for it to be a benefit in the Pats efforts in beating an opponent.

Just as the dog got excited and salivated when the bell rang...cause it knew it it would receive a tangible reward...in the form of food. BB...salivates...gets a boner...wets his pants...whatever...and uses that film...cause he also expects a real reward. In the form of it giving his Patriots an edge...in gaining a victory over his opponent.

When the dog stops being given food after the bell rings. It stops getting excited or salivating...cause there's no longer a reward associated with the ringing bell. After numerous times of no longer being fed...that stimulus-response mechanism is broken.

If Belichick is being fed video tapes of his opponents signals...processes it in his game plan...and gets a reward. By giving Pats an edge in their attempts at beating the opponent. And when you're getting real positive results...you'll keep doing it. Those tangible results can be in the form of one or two favorable plays...or more each game. Even if those beneficial plays didn't result in gaining an actual victory in some instances. It certainly must've helped gain victories in some others. To paraphrase BB..."We won because we made more plays then they did." Or..."we lost because they made more plays then we did."

In essence...there was a positive stimulus-response mechanism created with the video tapes of opponents signals...and it lasted for like 6-7 years. Belichick was throne this video tape bone that gave him an edge...and he bit on it like a pit bull.

If BB is being fed video tapes of opponent's signals...and it consistently results in no benefit. Game after game...year after year...then he would've stopped using them. Cause just like the dog...if there's no reward...then there's no response. Bell rings...and no food...dog doesn't react. BB is given video tapes of opponents...no rewarding results...no boners...and he just throws it in the garbage.

You see...both the dog and BB are smart.

If there's no stimulus-response mechanism built up by getting some kind of reward or benefit...then both won't react to the bell or video tapes respectively. But if there is a positive stimulus-response mechanism that's active...then both the dog and BB would get excited and salivate...get boners...whatever. Bell rings...dog's gonna chew on some meat. Video tapes presented...BB's gonna use it to chew up opponents.

So if the dog can stop salivating when the bell rings...cause it no longer is getting a reward in the form of being fed. Why can't BB stop using video tapes of opponents signals...when those tapes offer him constant zero benefits? Information that never results in Pats making some favorable plays...to gain a victory over an opponent!?!

Is it because the dog is smarter then BB?

So here's how I see it. Between 2000-2007...Belichick was video taping opponents signals. Then he processed that info into his game plans. BB did this because he saw a tangible advantage. That's why he never stopped doing it. It was an unfair advantage. It was cheating. In that period of time...the Pats won three Super Bowls...each one by just a FG.

For me...those Lombardi Trophies are tainted. That's how I see it. So does Marshall Faulk...Kurt Warner...Mike Martz...etc. And I'm sure the dog and most non Patsy fans...see it that way to.
    Last edited by GreenReaper; 02-02-2013 at 01:49 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    The russian scientist Pavlov and his experiments with dogs...ended up being a forerunner of the Behaviorist branch of science.

In his behavioral experiments...Pavlov created a stimulus response training relationship with his dogs. He would ring a bell, then the dog would be presented food. Every time the bell rang...the dog was fed. This went on and on for numerous days. So when the bell rang...the dog would get excited and start salivating...expecting that food was coming. This constantly being fed after the bell rang...created for the dog...a Pavlovian stimulus-response mechanism. Bell rings...dog salivates...and is fed.

Then Pavlov stopped presenting the dog with food after the bell rang. Eventually...the dog stopped getting excited and salivating...cause it no longer connected the bell with being fed. The stimulus-response mechanism was broken.

If BB is given a videotape of an opponent's signals, and it's then processed into his game plans. The reward expected...is for it to be a benefit in the Pats efforts in beating an opponent.

Just as the dog got excited and salivated when the bell rang...cause it knew it it would receive a tangible reward...in the form of food. BB...salivates...gets a boner...wets his pants...whatever...and uses that film...cause he also expects a real reward. In the form of it giving his Patriots an edge...in gaining a victory over his opponent.

When the dog stops being given food after the bell rings. It stops getting excited or salivating...cause there's no longer a reward associated with the ringing bell. After numerous times of no longer being fed...that stimulus-response mechanism is broken.

If Belichick is being fed video tapes of his opponents signals...processes it in his game plan...and gets a reward. By giving Pats an edge in their attempts at beating the opponent. And when you're getting real positive results...you'll keep doing it. Those tangible results can be in the form of one or two favorable plays...or more each game. Even if those beneficial plays didn't result in gaining an actual victory in some instances. It certainly must've helped gain victories in some others. To paraphrase BB..."We won because we made more plays then they did." Or..."we lost because they made more plays then we did."

In essence...there was a positive stimulus-response mechanism created with the video tapes of opponents signals...and it lasted for like 6-7 years. Belichick was throne this video tape bone that gave him an edge...and he bit on it like a pit bull.

If BB is being fed video tapes of opponent's signals...and it consistently results in no benefit. Game after game...year after year...then he would've stopped using them. Cause just like the dog...if there's no reward...then there's no response. Bell rings...and no food...dog doesn't react. BB is given video tapes of opponents...no rewarding results...no boners...and he just throws it in the garbage.

If there's no stimulus-response mechanism built up by getting some kind of reward or benefit...then both won't react to the bell or video tapes respectively. But if there is a positive stimulus-response mechanism that's active...then both the dog and BB would get excited and salivate...get boners...whatever. Bell rings...dog's gonna chew on some meat. Video tapes presented...BB's gonna use it to chew up opponents.

So if the dog can stop salivating when the bell rings...cause it no longer is getting a reward in the form of being fed. Why can't BB stop using video tapes of opponents signals...when those tapes offer him constant zero benefits? Information that never results in Pats making some favorable plays...to gain a victory over an opponent!?!

So here's how I see it. Between 2000-2007...Belichick was video taping opponents signals. Then he processed that info into his game plans. BB did this because he saw a tangible advantage. That's why he never stopped doing it. It was an unfair advantage. It was cheating. In that period of time...the Pats won three Super Bowls...each one by just a FG.

For me...those Lombardi Trophies are tainted. That's how I see it. So does Marshall Faulk...Kurt Warner...Mike Martz...etc. And I'm sure the dog and most non Patsy fans...see it that way to.
    This is easily the creepiest response from a Jets fan I've seen... Freud also has a lot to say to you about Lombardi Envy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post

Great post!

I think it's worth pointing out that they are now mapping Pavlovian conditioning effect on the brain and the studies are being done on rats.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a difference between a competitve advantage based on talent and preperation and an advantage gotten outside the rules.

Nobody is arguing against teams seeking a competitive advantage inside the rules. That's what competition is all about.
    Thank you one wonders if the Pats would have won the division all those times, during say Herm's tenure if they weren't cheating, we were always a game or two behind them and they were CHEATING!!!

Indeed Herm was fired in a lagre part because the Jets couldn't overtake the Pats during their strongest run over the last twenty years and guess what this coincides and correspondes directly to their cheating!!!!!!!

For Pats to act like their cheating only refers to SB appearences is a form of maddness. Yes, there is nothing we can do but to act like 'everyone was doing it". When point of fact your biggest division rivals, the NYJ, were NOT DOING IT is insane!!!!!

Good Grief!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 02-02-2013 at 09:13 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is easily the creepiest response from a Jets fan I've seen... Freud also has a lot to say to you about Lombardi Envy.
    All I've done in my post...is compare Belichick to his best friend...his dog

Talk about "creepiest"...how about BB's persona? An obsessive compulsive disordered individual...with paranoid tendencies up the kazoo. Who had been cheating consistently for 7 years. Without getting caught. Enters three Super Bowls during that tenure. And of course...we're supposed to believe that BB suddenly checked his compulsive cheating tendencies in the locker room. And came out on to the field and played those Supes...clean...without any unfair cheating advantages up his sleave.

Lol...really? I don't think so. Maybe you need to see some Freud about your BB Envy. Belichick goes after the Lombardi Trophy...like Gollum goes after his "precious"...

"We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky"

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000152/quotes

Talk about Lombardi Envy...BB is the Johnny Wadd of it for sure. And Patsy fans sure do worship his BeliCheat Phallic image...without question. Especially without questioning his tendencies of being unable to resist cheating...from 2000 - 2007. Oh...except in Super Bowls appearances...of course

At least Freud would say that a Jets fan...suffering through 44 years...and counting...without the team ever getting into a Supe, is entitled to some Lombardi Envy. That it's quite normal. And a far cry from the obsessive compulsive Patsy-Gollum "creep" of an HC...Bill Belichick.

Yes...BB will enter the HOF someday. But with an asterisk*...in the hearts of many that love this game of football. The only ones that won't see that asterisk...are Patsy fans...that's a given. They can't help it. And Freud would have a lot to say...why that is so

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Thank you one wonders if the Pats would have won the divisionall those times, during say Herm's tenure if they weren't cheating, we were always a game or two behind them and they were CHEATING!!!

Indeed Herm was fired in a lagre part because the Jets couldn't overtake the Pats during their strongest run over the last twenty years and guess what this coincides and correspondes directly to their cheating!!!!!!!

For Pats to act like their cheating only refers to SB appearences is a form of maddness. Yes, there is nothing we can do but to act like 'everyone was doing it". When point of fact your biggest division rivals, the NYJ, were NOT DOING IT!!!!!

Good Grief!!!!!!!!
    Sorry Charlie. Point of FACT is the Jets DID do it, to the Pats no less. Difference is, the Pats didn't turn them into the league when caught. They just told them to knock it off. Google it. It's true.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Thank you one wonders if the Pats would have won the divisionall those times, during say Herm's tenure if they weren't cheating, we were always a game or two behind them and they were CHEATING!!!

For Pats to act like their cheating only refers to SB appearences is a form of maddness. Yes, there is nothing we can do but to act like 'everyone was doing it". When point of fact your biggest division rivals, the NYJ, were NOT DOING IT!!!!!

Good Grief!!!!!!!!
    The Pats have won 7 out of 8 Division titles, 2 Conference championships, had the most prolific offense in NFL history (2007) and were within 2 plays of going 5-0 in Super Bowls after spygate.

Yep, the inability to tape from the sidelines completley destroyed the Pats offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe Jet fans still want to cry about this after the past 4 yrs...I mean isn't this what truly matters as we go forward (or try to)

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Who cares...All I know is under Rex whenever it's a BIG game against the Pats, except for 1 game Jan 2011, the Pats beat the Jets..Not only beat, but destroy them...

Nov 2009 - NE wins big 31-14....
    Dec 2010 - NE crushes NYJ 45-3...
    Jan 2011 @ NE (playoffs) Jets win 28-21
    Nov 2011 @ Metlife with 1st place on the line NE crushes NYJ 37-16....
    Thanksgiving 2012 @ Metlife NE crushes NYJ 49-19.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Sorry Charlie. Point of FACT is the Jets DID do it, to the Pats no less. Difference is, the Pats didn't turn them into the league when caught. They just told them to knock it off. Google it. It's true.
    LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets assume you are correct? How does that change the fact that the Pats SB victories are tainted? You are making the Lance Armstrong argument. Everyone doesn't cheat or if it makes you feel better seek an edge outside the rules.

Lets face it the Jets and the Pats have had an awful lot of the coaches from the same tree. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Jets cheated in the same manner. Arguing that this was SOP from BB coaching tree isn't exactly a defense.

The best that can be said about your post is BB apparently doesn't rat out his boys.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Pats have won 7 out of 8 Division titles, 2 Conference championships, had the most prolific offense in NFL history (2007) and were within 2 plays of going 5-0 in Super Bowls after spygate.

Yep, the inability to tape from the sidelines completley destroyed the Pats offense.
    14 points in the SB after scoring 38 against the same team 4 weeks earlier with the most prolific O in NFL history. Seems like without the tape the other HC pretty much *****ed BB in game planning and prep.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    14 points in the SB after scoring 38 against the same team 4 weeks earlier with the most prolific O in NFL history. Seems like without the tape the other HC pretty much *****ed BB in game planning and prep.
    Taping had nothing to do with it.

Coughlin implemented a great game plan and the Giants defense executed perfectly.

Pats had no answer for the Giants pressure up the middle.

BB simply got outcoached in that Super Bowl game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know what you are talking about!!!

Here is an article on Herm Edwards and the New York Jets!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 years before scandal, Herm Edwards waved to Bill Belichick's camera
    SATURDAY, MARCH 1, 2008, 11:12 PM Gary Meyers

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ticle-1.286462

Herm Edwards is now in Kansas City and Donnie Henderson is now in Jacksonville, but they starred in a movie together in 2004 when they worked together with the Jets.

It was a Bill Belichick production called SpyGate: The Early Years.
    And to show Belichick they were aware of his shenanigans, Edwards and Henderson looked right into the camera across the sideline and waved hello.
    Years before Belichick had his video assistant turn the cameras on the Jets in the season opener last year that officially began SpyGate, he was illegally videotaping the Jets' defensive signals. Roger Goodell indicated Belichick was doing this at least as far back as 2000, when he arrived as the Patriots' coach.

Sources told the Daily News that early in a game against the Patriots four years ago, Edwards, in his fourth season as Jets coach, and Henderson, in his first year as the defensive coordinator, noticed a Patriots camera from the opposite sideline aimed at them to tape the defensive signals.

Edwards had made the proper adjustments before the game to avoid Belichick stealing the defensive signals.

They went into the game knowing this was a practice Belichick employed and when they saw the camera, they put on a show. That story has been making the rounds in the league the last few days.

"I will leave that one alone," Edwards said from the Chiefs' offices. "No comment."

"I respectfully decline to comment on it," Henderson added from the Jaguars' offices.

This apparently was among the six tapes Belichick turned over to the league that Goodell had destroyed in September. Edwards is friends with Belichick and they speak often. Edwards apparently didn't think much was to be gained by the Patriots spying because he never turned in New England to the league office.

The Patriots beat the Jets twice in 2004 - 13-7 in Foxborough and 23-7 at Giants Stadium.

The Daily News reported in September that the Jets were aware of Belichick's passion for videospying long before former Patriots assistant Eric Mangini switched sides in the Border War and became the Jets' coach.

"At times, we would wave at the guy that was filming over there," a member of that Jets staff said in September. "We just gave false signals and waved at the camera. I don't know if they picked up our signals or not. We didn't really worry about it too much."

At the Super Bowl, Goodell told the NFL Network, "One of the coaches was actually waving at the camera, so it's clear that teams, to me, recognize that taking signals from another team is something that they do, so they have very complex systems to make sure that they don't allow their plays to be intercepted."

The Jets compensated for Belichick's attempts to steal the signals by using a second coach, in addition to Henderson, to signal in the plays, with one of them relaying the real play and the other sending in a dummy signal. They also sent in plays by using the messenger system. And they occasionally called defensive formations using a number on a wristband worn by the middle linebacker. The wristband was changed every quarter.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2JkgiU8JU
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No where in that article did it say that the Jets were taping opponents to steal signals etc.

What it did say was that the Jets were aware of the Pats cheating and took efforts to thwart it!!!

Your position that the Pats didn't gain any advantage is perposterous!! You think someone like Faulk said what he is saying because they too were taping the Pats!!

Your Nuts!!!

Again think on this, any first year law student is taught not to destroy evidence. A first year law student. Goodell as an experienced attorney knows this and he knows that he didn't innocently destroy exculpatory, Pats clearing evidence....

And as I posted at the time it is clear that the Pats scandal goes much deeper then we were told as evidenced by the tapes destruction.

If the tapes were exculpatory they would have been immediately released. So the idea that the tapes showed no Pats advantages is just plain silly......

Despite the obvious and all this, Goodell probably did the correct thing in destroying the tapes if, in point of fact, the releasing of the tapes would undermine or potentially destroy the NFL......

You just dont take such risks if you are Goodell, so long as you are not committing a crime, you destroy those tapes!!! Period
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 02-02-2013 at 09:53 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets assume you are correct? How does that change the fact that the Pats SB victories are tainted? You are making the Lance Armstrong argument. Everyone doesn't cheat or if it makes you feel better seek an edge outside the rules.

Lets face it the Jets and the Pats have had an awful lot of the coaches from the same tree. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Jets cheated in the same manner. Arguing that this was SOP from BB coaching tree isn't exactly a defense.

The best that can be said about your post is BB apparently doesn't rat out his boys.
    The year that the Bears went to the Supe. Their defense was awesome. HC Nick Saban was struggling mightily to get wins with his phins. He goes to Chicago, and his phins demolish the Bears...something like 30-0...On the road

Next goes and plays the Pats...and beats them convincingly. BB's first reaction was that Saban stole Pats signals. Then withdrew his contention.

Then Nick Saban's phins go back to their miserable losing ways. After the season is over. Saban makes an escape exit to college football.

Next year...Commish Goodell's memo to every NFL team...explicitly forbidding electronic video taping of opposing team's signals.

Go figure

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I can't believe Jet fans still want to cry about this after the past 4 yrs...I mean isn't this what truly matters as we go forward (or try to)
    At least SOME Jet's fans get it.