Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 281 to 288 of 288

Thread: BREAKING:MARSHALL FAULK CALLS OUT PATRIOTS FOR CHEATING

  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I don't know why Goodell destroyed the tapes, if he actually did, but my first guess is that he was embarrassed by the contents being leaked. My second guess is indeed that there wasn't much on them. Everything I've read and heard about them, including from Goody himself, is that there wasn't much there. The penalty was for the taping, not what was on the tapes.

    Now what's this about a conspiracy?
    if there wasn`t much on them, why destroy them? I think thats what has kept this going for so long. It was Mangini who exposed it, a Belichick deciple if you wish. There had to be something on them for Goodell to destroy them so fast. If there wasn`t anything, Goodell should have released them to the public and made the Jets look like the idiots they are. I`m not a Pats fan at all. I was a Jets STH for 27 years but I would love to know what was or wasn`t on those tapes. Like you say, it would have shut the critics up. Just another terrible blunder by Goodell imo. The guy sucks for the NFL.

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    if there wasn`t much on them, why destroy them? I think thats what has kept this going for so long. It was Mangini who exposed it, a Belichick deciple if you wish. There had to be something on them for Goodell to destroy them so fast. If there wasn`t anything, Goodell should have released them to the public and made the Jets look like the idiots they are. I`m not a Pats fan at all. I was a Jets STH for 27 years but I would love to know what was or wasn`t on those tapes. Like you say, it would have shut the critics up. Just another terrible blunder by Goodell imo. The guy sucks for the NFL.
    If the scumbag, cheater Belichick thought there was anything incriminating on those tapes, don't you think he would have destroyed them before sending them to Goodell?

  3. #283
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,067
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If the scumbag, cheater Belichick thought there was anything incriminating on those tapes, don't you think he would have destroyed them before sending them to Goodell?
    which he obviously did


    which is why 8 years of taping of every opponent (16 games a year) suddenly shrunk down to two tapes that the Cheating scumbag sent to the Commissioner when caught red handed.

    Had all the tapes been seen even Pat loving Goodell would have had no choice but to forfeit all those years of Cheatriot "wins", all "titles" and banned Belichick from the NFL for life

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    which he obviously did


    which is why 8 years of taping of every opponent (16 games a year) suddenly shrunk down to two tapes that the Cheating scumbag sent to the Commissioner when caught red handed.

    Had all the tapes been seen even Pat loving Goodell would have had no choice but to forfeit all those years of Cheatriot "wins", all "titles" and banned Belichick from the NFL for life
    Did he really destroy all those years of tapes? I honestly had no idea about that part of the story. And yet the lemmings that support him will continue to jump off the cliff defending him

  5. #285
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,672
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If the scumbag, cheater Belichick thought there was anything incriminating on those tapes, don't you think he would have destroyed them before sending them to Goodell?
    Good point. So you're saying that what little bill sent Goodell was bad enough that he felt he had to destroy the evidence, that in actuality it was much much worse than any of us could possible imagine, and of course since they never wanted to get to the real truth, and all he got was a slap on the wrist that for sure the cheating is still in full force. In fact they probably come up with all new forms of cheating every offseason, and further perfect their methods every season. Glad to see you finally admitting what you have known to be truth all along. It's easy to see that teams know the Pats cheat which is why their home record is so much better, and their playoff record since their true colors have been exposed has been horrendous. I'm sure teams take much greater precautions for playoff games.
    Hey cheaters gonna cheat. At least you finally admit it.

  6. #286
    this is just another reason why I hate the NFL. Teams cheat. Players greed. Rule changes to make the game more exciting, as if it wasn`t more exciting than soccer already. The amount of money this league makes just from television contracts, yet they want to dig deeper into the fans pockets to rape them as well. I will simply watch on tv in the comfort of my own home only because I am paying something towards it through my cable bill. I won`t support this league financially anymore. No more jersey purchases. Nothing anymore. Even if there is a requested gift of some kind, I will find something else(like cash in a card but I ain`t making that purchase).

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Thank you for the circuitous acknowledgement that the odds were greater that bad stuff was on the tapes and that is the more likely reason goodell destroyed them than your initial comment indicating they were destroyed because nothing was on them



    I haven't really paid much attention to whatever Shula did in 1970, if he did ... Let me make that last part the beginning of my answer ... You are talking about something from 1970 ... That's 43 years ago

    Second thought off top of my head is media coverage then to now is night and day

    Third, if I read the statement right you are trying to compare cheating to hire a coach vs. cheating each week to gain a competive advantage ... That is apples and oranges as well ...



    Ljr
    First, I brought up Shula's Dolphins because it was Shula who started the asterjerk talk in an interview in the first place, and his stated reason was because the Pats were fined a 1st round draft pick. Apparently he forgot that his team was fined a first rounder. There have been plenty of others since also, some of them more recent. The 49ers are the kings of the NFL when it comes to fines for cheating.

    Secondly, if anything the media gets things right less now than they did years ago. The rush to be first has taken over for responsible reporting. Let's also not forget that the mediots have an axe to grind with Belichick, especially the NYers.

    Third, the subject of this thread is about Marshall Faulk saying he was cheated every year at SB time, even though it's an entirely false premise he bases that upon. There is no such thing as a tape of a walk through before SB XXXVI. People looking to discredit the Pats based on that are being dishonest. Same as those who want to say that the Pats were fined for what was on the tapes, when in truth they were fined for the act of taping, by a Commish that almost everyone says is inept and bungled the whole incident.

    And yes, it's my feeling that cheating the salary cap or breaking rules to get the winningest coach in NFL history is worse than taping coaches signals from the wrong place, especially signals they can be changed at any time.

  8. #288
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    First, I brought up Shula's Dolphins because it was Shula who started the asterjerk talk in an interview in the first place, and his stated reason was because the Pats were fined a 1st round draft pick. Apparently he forgot that his team was fined a first rounder.
    If Shula said that then he's a jack*ss

    There have been plenty of others since also, some of them more recent. The 49ers are the kings of the NFL when it comes to fines for cheating.

    All this line is doing is trying to justify cheating because everyone else is doing it ... Which is not true ...

    ... My conversation with you was over your silly comment about goodell destroying the tapes because nothing was on them ...

    ... Bringing up 49ers at this point simply tries to deflect the issue ...

    Secondly, if anything the media gets things right less now than they did years ago. The rush to be first has taken over for responsible reporting. Let's also not forget that the mediots have an axe to grind with Belichick, especially the NYers.
    ... They get it wrong plenty more nowadays ... The firestorm of media coverage however is 20 times (if not 200 times) stronger than in 1970 ... Meaning, there are much more people working on getting that juicy story now ... While it may be less likely to be 100% accurate, it certainly is tons more likely for the story to come out now.

    ... The media in general kiss belickicks *ss ... They let him act likens petulant little child ... Giving monotonous answers, smugness, and attitude ... In which he is never taken to task for it ...

    Third, the subject of this thread is about Marshall Faulk saying he was cheated
    That had nothing to do with your and my conversation within the thread however

    And yes, it's my feeling that cheating the salary cap or breaking rules to get the winningest coach in NFL history is worse than taping coaches signals from the wrong place, especially signals they can be changed at any time.
    Perhaps is your success was in the 70's and Shula was coaching his team to get to the Super Bowl now I'd feel as you do ... As that is not the case however, I disagree and feel what the patriots have done is worse



    Ljr

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us